Archie Brown - joined Lausanne on permanent deal

Jubbs

I don’t, I’m just following your comment that “he couldn't get into the first team squad”

Why wouldn't a youngster think they had a chance of getting into a threadbare squad? unless they’d been told they couldn’t, how would they come to that conclusion unless told? 

I’d think it would be the perfect time for him to hope he’s going to break through.......Seems a strange assumption!

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Why wouldn't a youngster think they had a chance of getting into a threadbare squad? unless they’d been told they couldn’t, how would they come to that conclusion unless told? 

Oh I don't know, maybe they could see that Fozzy and then Buchanan were in front of them at the end of the season. Then a good team, with potential to get into Europe comes calling. Yeah I could understand that would look a good move.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh I don't know, maybe they could see that Fozzy and then Buchanan were in front of them at the end of the season. Then a good team, with potential to get into Europe comes calling. Yeah I could understand that would look a good move.

It’s possible I suppose, but I’m betting there’s no first team certainty with his new club, who were closer to relegation than Europe last season. One of Foz or Buchanan could also be sold or injured (good chance)

Still I’m disappointed that the lure of potentially being managed by englands all time record goalscorer isn’t much of an advantage!

Edited by Ramarena

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Being in the EU wouldn't have prevented this transfer

It wouldn't but it has made signing foreign players incredibly difficult. The flow is only in one direction. 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

It’s possible I suppose, but I’m betting there’s no first team certainty with his new club, who were closer to relegation than Europe last season. One of Foz or Buchanan could also be sold or injured (good chance)

Still I’m disappointed that the lure of potentially being managed by englands all time record goalscorer isn’t much of an advantage!

Why would it though? It’s not like he’s a striker... and just because Rooney was one of the best English players there’s no guarantee he’s going to be a good manager.

7 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Why would it though? It’s not like he’s a striker... and just because Rooney was one of the best English players there’s no guarantee he’s going to be a good manager.

image.gif.a247b47ab91659d542314f923845aa24.gif

It’s the only upside I can find

Disappointing this is but he doesn’t feel he is good enough to get into our side in the championship or why would he have left? 
we are and will be one of the main championship sides who most certainly play youngsters and give them their chance.

I guess this may have something to do with his decision bit of a no-brainer really;

Switzerland Income Tax Brackets

Tax Bracket (yearly earnings)Tax Rate (%)

€0 - €13,6000.          .00%

€13,600 - €29,8000.  .77%

€29,800 - €39,0000.  .88%

€39,000 - €52,0002.   .64%

€52,000 - €68,300.     2.97%

€68,300 - €73,600.    5.94%

€73,600 - €97,700.    6.60%

€97,700 - €127,100.   8.80%

€127,100 - €166,200.   11.00%

€166,200 and up.     13.20%

28 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I guess this may have something to do with his decision bit of a no-brainer really;

Switzerland Income Tax Brackets

Tax Bracket (yearly earnings)Tax Rate (%)

€0 - €13,6000.          .00%

€13,600 - €29,8000.  .77%

€29,800 - €39,0000.  .88%

€39,000 - €52,0002.   .64%

€52,000 - €68,300.     2.97%

€68,300 - €73,600.    5.94%

€73,600 - €97,700.    6.60%

€97,700 - €127,100.   8.80%

€127,100 - €166,200.   11.00%

€166,200 and up.     13.20%

That looks like federal income tax rates which are quite low. However there is tax levied by cantons and municipality also. 

Swiss have property taxes, vat, gift and wealth taxes so not easy to compare. 

15 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That looks like federal income tax rates which are quite low. However there is tax levied by cantons and municipality also. 

The UK has NI, VAT, Council Tax, some of the highest fuel taxes in the world and crazy car taxes if you want to buy a car.

Still a no brainer, the lad Will be able to save a fortune and come home a wealthy man (if he comes back)

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The UK has NI, VAT, Council Tax, some of the highest fuel taxes in the world and crazy car taxes if you want to buy a car.

Still a no brainer, the lad Will be able to save a fortune and come home a wealthy man (if he comes back)

I remember overhearing an American chap saying to his mate from the UK that the only thing we don't pay a form of tax on in the UK is the air we breath . At this point his mate said this actually wasn't the case as were also taxed on CO2 emissions.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not to mention a coffee at €12 and half a lager at €28 

Good luck to the lad it can go either way.

2 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

You ever been shopping in Switzerland? Cost of living among the highest in the world. 

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not to mention a coffee at €12 and half a lager at €28 

Good luck to the lad it can go either way.

They might charge you 28 euros for half a lager in the nearest brothel but typically a 0.33l beer costs about £4.50 or slightly less than the west end of London. A coffee however is not 12 euros but around £2.20 a cup, about the same as the UK.

I would say though that as a young athlete he should not consume either of those drinks.

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

They might charge you 28 euros for half a lager in the nearest brothel but typically a 0.33l beer costs about £4.50 or slightly less than the west end of London. A coffee however is not 12 euros but around £2.20 a cup, about the same as the UK.

I would say though that as a young athlete he should not consume either of those drinks.

Surely the comparison should be Derby