Matt Crooks - Signed for Boro

Stuniverse

Who is negotiating deals with potential new signings, Mel? Are the potential new owners involved in the discussions as in theory they will be paying for the contracts? Will players want to join a club who might be facing a hefty points deduction? We desperately need new players but I can’t see much happening until the appeal and ownership debacle are both sorted, by which time surely a lot of our targets will have gone elsewhere. We could well start next season with a weaker squad….

7 hours ago, sage said:

If this is the best our recruitment team can come up with, we need someone to police our transfer policy. 

I think he's an average Championship player, so probably well above the level we can currently hope to attract.

Until we have new owners and the EFL thing is resolved, it's strictly Kevin Poole and Stern John for us.

17 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think he's an average Championship player, so probably well above the level we can currently hope to attract.

Until we have new owners and the EFL thing is resolved, it's strictly Kevin Poole and Stern John for us.

What wrong in shopping in lower leagues were prices should be lower and price tags also.

56 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

Just what we need while Bielik is injured and when he's back would form one of the best midfields in the division.

He's one who can still improve I think with better plyers around him, watched a fair bit of Rotherham at the end of the season and think he would be a great signing ... 

Have to agree.  We all look for the bigger named players but having watched Rothers a bit, inc against us, I thought he was one of their standout players. With Bielik's vision and artistry he'd add bite, and be a good compliment to him. 

4 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Anyone with the same surname as me is going to be great! When I went to Nigeria I was introduced to the President of the Court of Appeal. When he heard my name he “oh we have lots of you in Nigeria”

And keep offering me a fortune if I provide my bank details !! ?

41 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Have to agree.  We all look for the bigger named players but having watched Rothers a bit, inc against us, I thought he was one of their standout players. With Bielik's vision and artistry he'd add bite, and be a good compliment to him. 

The best compliment you can pay him is that he’d be the perfect complement to Bielik ?

He looked good in an awful Rotherham side but I'm really unsure how he'd be in a team that'd (hopefully) play differently and be a bit more adventurous. It was also difficult to discern if he was actually good or if he just was better than the rest in an extremely limited squad. I'd imagine Rotherham would want a bit of a substantial fee given how pivotal he is for them too which makes me think we can get better value for money somewhere else. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

He looked good in an awful Rotherham side but I'm really unsure how he'd be in a team that'd (hopefully) play differently and be a bit more adventurous. It was also difficult to discern if he was actually good or if he just was better than the rest in an extremely limited squad. I'd imagine Rotherham would want a bit of a substantial fee given how pivotal he is for them too which makes me think we can get better value for money somewhere else. 

Money Leeds ? what money is that ?

21 hours ago, rynny said:

From the very little I've seen of him, he is those horrible players that are sly and cowardly, puts a boot in after the ball has gone, always late with challenges, elbows anyone who challenges him for a header. Always feel like he is going to injure someone everytime he steps foot on the pitch. 

Its the sort of horribleness we miss. Too often we get bullied and beat by physical teams. I wouldn't be against having some spite in the middle of the park. 

7 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Its the sort of horribleness we miss. Too often we get bullied and beat by physical teams. I wouldn't be against having some spite in the middle of the park. 

Anyone know if "Chopper 'arris " has any relatives playing football currently ?