Matty Longstaff

Carnero

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-takeover-battle-steve-bruce-20755723

The other big decision that Bruce must make is whether to loan Matty Longstaff out for the start of pre-season, with Derby County keen, or give the midfielder an opportunity to impress in the friendly fixture list after barely using the youngster last term.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

In what way is he better? What are his strengths and skills. How much of him have you seen?

I have seen him play a few times for Newcastle, he is a box to box midfielder, similar to Knight just better imo. I dont think Knight actually has much quality on the ball, he is just a runner.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I have seen him play a few times for Newcastle, he is a box to box midfielder, similar to Knight just better imo. I dont think Knight actually has much quality on the ball, he is just a runner.

Do you believe Matty Longstaff has quality on the ball? That's the exact thing I think he lacks. He runs a lot without much ability as a footballer, in my view. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Do you believe Matty Longstaff has quality on the ball? That's the exact thing I think he lacks. He runs a lot without much ability as a footballer, in my view. 

I think he has a decent range of passing yes, and that is whilst playing against better opposition too.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think he has a decent range of passing yes, and that is whilst playing against better opposition too.

He averages a pretty poor 27 passes per game for a central midfielder of which most are not progressive, and it would certainly back up what I've seen of him also. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He averages a pretty poor 27 passes per game for a central midfielder of which most are not progressive, and it would certainly back up what I've seen of him also. 

He hasnt played a great deal but my opinion is that he is a better version of Knight

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think some times does a player suit your style of play if roony thinks he suits our style of play then yes go and get him but he knows were the net is.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I throught he scored more than that helped newcastle to stay up before steve Bruce took the job.

That's very generous, he has 2 career goals and only has 14 appearances, he's been largely unused. You might be mistaking him for his brother Sean Longstaff who has a few more appearances. 

Edited by Andicis

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

That's very generous, he has 2 career goals and only has 14 appearances, he's been largely unused. You might be mistaking him for his brother Shaun Longstaff who has a few more appearances. 

Maybe then

But he might take off at champership level like Mason mount did and could even link up with selby well if not sold.