Joe piggott - joined Ipswich

B4ev6is

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Will be a free agent as he’s turned down a new contract at Wimbledon.  We’ve maybe got an advantage with Rooney in charge as he was born in Maidstone so highly likely he’s a Man Utd supporter ?

Yeh but he's probably leaving to try and get a higher level of football...

• 2 weeks later...

Sun newspaper: Derby target Joe Pigott (27) dominates Afc wimbledons end-of-season awards. He scored 22 goals in one season.

I doubt we will see potential relegation issues if we sign him.

The Dons were desperate to retain him, but Pigott has since told the club’s official website how he will leave this summer at the end of his contract and look for a new club.

Our club was the lowest scorers in the Championship last season.

Martyn Waghorn is out of contract while loanee Lee Gregory has returned to Stoke City.

In my opinion, Colin Kazim-Richards at 35 is not the answer, to the need for a striker.

At 27 years old joe has room for improvement.

11 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Sun newspaper: Derby target Joe Pigott (27) dominates Afc wimbledons end-of-season awards. He scored 22 goals in one season.

I doubt we will see potential relegation issues if we sign him.

The Dons were desperate to retain him, but Pigott has since told the club’s official website how he will leave this summer at the end of his contract and look for a new club.

Our club was the lowest scorers in the Championship last season.

Martyn Waghorn is out of contract while loanee Lee Gregory has returned to Stoke City.

In my opinion, Colin Kazim-Richards at 35 is not the answer, to the need for a striker.

At 27 years old joe has room for improvement.

is this the right part of the forum for this? should it be under transfers. Interesting thank you for posting 

I'd still be worried about whether he has the quality to perform in the Championship, but I'd be pleased to sign someone who's on the way up as opposed to down for a change. I really admire what Pigott has achieved and how he's done it. No sitting on a Premier League side's bench for 10 years thinking he's going to be a world beater. He had to drop to the 6th tier and work his way back up. I honestly didn't think he'd perform in League 1 when Wimbledon signed him and he's proved me very wrong.

Also, 52 games in all competitions last season. Imagine having a centre forward who can actually play every game. I've almost forgotten what that is like.

Edited by Anon

2 hours ago, Anon said:

I'd still be worried about whether he has the quality to perform in the Championship, but I'd be pleased to sign someone who's on the way up as opposed to down for a change. I really admire what Pigott has achieved and how he's done it. No sitting on a Premier League side's bench for 10 years thinking he's going to be a world beater. He had to drop to the 6th tier and work his way back up. I honestly didn't think he'd perform in League 1 when Wimbledon signed him and he's proved me very wrong.

Also, 52 games in all competitions last season. Imagine having a centre forward who can actually play every game. I've almost forgotten what that is like.

Pretty sure with the long list of injuries we had last season we'd manage to beat the fitness out of him ?