Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Difficult to know unless he's married to @Footymum2017?! ?

Perhaps Wass just wanted out of the directorship?

I can confirm that isn’t the case! I would think that Wassall will have been looking around as he won’t be able to run the Academy his own way once somebody else is in charge of the club. MM gave him free rein to do what he wanted.

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Out of the Directorship will remove any penalties following administration.

Wassall and Lyons, if they weren't previously, are now the two most important people at the club.

Not necessarily - they go back three years - but in reality, operational directors aren't going to get a hard time. 

8 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

What do you mean bud? 

It was my understanding that directors of failed companies can be disqualified from holding similar positions again for a period of time.

However, someone has already said that wouldn't apply in Wassall's case because he was an 'operational director'.

TBH I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just fearful of us losing academy staff and products.

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It was my understanding that directors of failed companies can be disqualified from holding similar positions again for a period of time.

However, someone has already said that wouldn't apply in Wassall's case because he was an 'operational director'.

TBH I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just fearful of us losing academy staff and products.

Might be referring to my post. I said that Wassall was unlikely to be subject to any regulatory investigation since he's only a director of the Academy and I presume has no say in how the football club is run. 

50 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

LOL! Fair enough! And I agree - given the focus and investment, it would be crazy to lose any of the benefits.

Regardless of his job title (i.e. Operational Director, cleaner or CEO), if he's a director of the company then he's legally responsible for the affairs of the company - i.e. that he should act in the best interests of the company. So, if he was aware that the company was doing anything illegal, then the Limited Liability aspect is irrelevant and he could be personally liable for the actions of the company. However, if he does act correctly (as I'm sure he would), then his own personal liability is Limited - hence the term Limited (Liability) Company. In essence, the Company exists to limit ones personal exposure to risk - as long as you don't break the law. It works quite well.

So it wouldn't be an issue for Dazza at all that they went into administration as long as he wasn't aware they were trading insolvent or equally dodgy stuff. The fact we've gone into administration rather than stop paying staff and players, etc actually suggests the directors are doing the right thing so it could be that Dazza resigned because he's moving on, wants no part of it or just because there's no point in him being a director as it'll all being sold off.

In short, lots of reasons why he might resign.