Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

9 hours ago, Shadowplay said:

?

Head of Youth Development, Dixie Robinson, is a very proud man having seen another one of the exciting young prospects have a crack over the water...

“Darren [Robinson] has been excellent ever since he has came in. He got the chance to go over to Fleetwood in the winter and he asked could he train with the first team due to COVID restrictions and to be fair to him he has trained so well he has stayed with the first team since. Robbo has also been over at Stoke and most recently Derby where he has decided to sign for on a three year deal.”

“Darren has a great attitude, works tremendously hard, technically very good and he gets about the pitch and I’ve no doubt, with the mindset that he has, I think he will go a long way in the game.”

Edited by RoyMac5

Considering this thread is here already, I'll list what I think the squads will be next season. 

U23s stepping up to 1st team or out on loan: Foster, McDonald/Ebosele, Hutchinson, Watson, Stretton
U23s let go: Yates, Wassall, Bateman, Minkley, JML, Cresswell, Trialist
U18s let go: Jinkinson, Perez de Gracia

U23s

Goalkeepers: Idem, Sykes-Kenworthy

Defenders: Bardell, JBrown, Cashin, Solomon, Grewal-Pollard, Archie

Midfielders: Dixon, LThompson, Aghatise, Rogers, Matthews,

Wingers: Shonibare, Wilson, SThompson,

Forwards: Duncan, Plange, Cybulski

U18s

Goalkeepers: Roberts, Randle, Evans, Cox

Defenders: Brailsford, Lissah, Christie, Rutt, Williams, Maloney

Midfielders: Ibrahim, Clarke, Sebagabo, Moore, Robinson, Fapetu, Aideyan

Wingers: Borkovic, Kelly, Eze, Nicholas-Davies

Forwards: ZDixon, DBrown

They lost 1-0, goal in the first half. Nothing game tbh,.

Ebosele came on at half time, did well in his 1 on 1 defending as usual, didn't really get any opportunity to get forward.

Watson came on after about 80 mins, at which point Ebosele got pushed upfront. I don't really get it tbh, can't see him having a career upfront, seems a waste.

Couple of decent passes from Watson (one to Ebosele I think) but nothing of any real signficance happened in the 2nd half, so nothing more to say than that.

On 02/06/2021 at 12:43, Ghost of Clough said:

Whoa!! Two things:

1. The Academy Thread should only be started when pre-season begins or if the squads for next season are announced.
  2. The Academy Thread should only be started by me ?

Where’s the previous Academy thread gone?

EDIT: Found it. Linking here for reference: 

Edited by Stuniverse

On 02/06/2021 at 13:03, Ghost of Clough said:

Considering this thread is here already, I'll list what I think the squads will be next season. 

U23s stepping up to 1st team or out on loan: Foster, McDonald/Ebosele, Hutchinson, Watson, Stretton
U23s let go: Yates, Wassall, Bateman, Minkley, JML, Cresswell, Trialist
U18s let go: Jinkinson, Perez de Gracia

U23s

Goalkeepers: Idem, Sykes-Kenworthy

Defenders: Bardell, JBrown, Cashin, Solomon, Grewal-Pollard, Archie

Midfielders: Dixon, LThompson, Aghatise, Rogers, Matthews,

Wingers: Shonibare, Wilson, SThompson,

Forwards: Duncan, Plange, Cybulski

U18s

Goalkeepers: Roberts, Randle, Evans, Cox

Defenders: Brailsford, Lissah, Christie, Rutt, Williams, Maloney

Midfielders: Ibrahim, Clarke, Sebagabo, Moore, Robinson, Fapetu, Aideyan

Wingers: Borkovic, Kelly, Eze, Nicholas-Davies

Forwards: ZDixon, DBrown

Isn’t Dan Cox a full-back?

On 02/06/2021 at 13:03, Ghost of Clough said:

Really excited by these lads. In a shitty season it's been easy to overlook the steady line of talent rolling off the academy production line. I've banged in endlessly about Ebosele, but no apologies on that score. I think the kid is destined for big things. Nothing lightweight about him and he'll be smashing the big lads off the ball and screaming up the flanks in no time. I can see him terrorising a few experienced FBs this season.

Louis Watson oozes class to my eye and I just hope he's managed properly this season. He's a kid who seems to always find time on the ball and always looks up the pitch too. 

Stretton looks as natural as striker as we've seen come through in a long while and I'm hoping in what may be another tough season, these lads can give us something to cheer.

Thought this might be worth posting here:
A 32-year old man has been convicted in Nottingham for stabbing Tyree Wilson last year
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/Derby-county-supporting-player-who-5508762

I hadn't heard about this, but it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone, and I hope the young lad's doing alright in the aftermath.

21 minutes ago, JfR said:

Thought this might be worth posting here:
A 32-year old man has been convicted in Nottingham for stabbing Tyree Wilson last year
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/Derby-county-supporting-player-who-5508762

I hadn't heard about this, but it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone, and I hope the young lad's doing alright in the aftermath.

I had no idea that is what caused him to be out for so long. Very pleased he was back playing well towards the end of the season. All the best, Tyree.

Under-23 squad players out of contract beyond summer of 2021 and leaving the club: Joe Bateman, Cameron Cresswell, Bradley Foster, Harry Halwax, Jahmal Hector-Ingram, Callum Minkley, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Josh Shonibare, George Sykes-Kenworthy, Ethan Wassall, Matthew Yates.

Some good young players available here. Thanks for your time at Derby County and I hope you get fixed up soon.????

Just now, tinman said:

A bit of a come down for Cresswell considering Man City, Man Utd etc were after him a few years ago. 

Rooney didn't rate him, I thought he'd had another good season and he will do a good job for someone at League level. He was the only one of our youngsters who didn't look intimidated against Chorley.