Albert Adomah

JfR

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is almost the type of signing I was expecting, given our constraints: A player who probably won't be wanted by many Championship clubs, will come relatively cheap and has a bit of experience.

He's 400 years old.

Unless our new sponsor is Saga, we'll have to pay his salary in full.

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is almost the type of signing I was expecting, given our constraints: A player who probably won't be wanted by many Championship clubs, will come relatively cheap and has a bit of experience.

3 or 4 years ago might have been a decent signing..

It doesn't matter how low we've got, or much further we sink,  I still don't want us to sign Adomah. Never have, never will. I'm not 100% sure of why that is, I've just never rated him, at all, and it genuinely surprises me when he has a decent run of goals.

The decent run always fades away though, he always seems to end up out of favour pretty quickly. I remember him being kept entirely in the pocket of a 35 year old Chris Baird a couple of years ago, who probably had one of the easiest games of his life.

As for the CKR comparison - It's one thing being called a journeyman for going off on your travels around the world, playing in multiple leagues, experiencing different cultures etc and then using what you've gained to become a stronger person and player, it's another thing knocking around the same league for years never really changing or developing - CKR is a much better player at 34 than he was at 30, I doubt Adomah is a better player at 33 than he was at 28.

Edited by Coconut

23 hours ago, Coconut said:

The decent run always fades away though, he always seems to end up out of favour pretty quickly. I remember him being kept entirely in the pocket of a 35 year old Chris Baird a couple of years ago, who probably had one of the easiest games of his life.

In all fairness - Baird was a class above at times - His legs may have gone a bit but his mind was sharp as ever and he had many quality wingers in his pocket for a couple of seasons with us