The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

Rooney’s line up is being mocked.

Southgate’s line up will be mocked.

I mean even Guardiola’s line up in the Champions League Final was mocked.

Very rare you will see a line up that everyone likes.

Plays Mount, Foden and Henderson, why no Phillips or Rice. Players Rice or Phillips, why no Henderson?

Sancho and Sterling, why no Grealish, Sterling and Grealish, why no Sancho and on we go….

I don’t see Rooney’s lineup being that bad, I mean he goes on to explain his thinking, I’m not totally against what he’s saying, tbh I wouldn’t be surprised to see Southgate playing that 11 as well.

Only change I would have to make is Rashford. 

Carrying an injury as it is and I don’t see him as being a wide player, prefer to see him play off the shoulder of the striker, but we don’t set up for that.

Personally, I wouldn't be playing 3 defensive midfielders one of which who is short of fitness, a centre back who is short of fitness and a front 3 of which only 1 has looked any good in short spells at this tournament. It's basically a recipe for a toothless attack and a disconnection from the midfield to the front 3 hoping that one of them comes up with the goods to help us out. 

I deffo think a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is the way to go. I definitely wouldn't be putting Maguire in the back 4 though especially as he's often caught out by pace. I think Saka and/or Grealish have to play as both looked very good in our final group game. I could see a 4-2-3-1 as rice and phillips as a holding two, grealish in the AM, foden and sterling on the wing and kane as the cf. Saka can come on at half time if one is underperforming or to add extra pace in the last 20 minutes if we need it. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

19 minutes ago, David said:

Very rare you will see a line up that everyone likes.

Plays Mount, Foden and Henderson, why no Phillips or Rice. Players Rice or Phillips, why no Henderson?

Sancho and Sterling, why no Grealish, Sterling and Grealish, why no Sancho and on we go….

Agree with this. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t see Rooney’s lineup being that bad, I mean he goes on to explain his thinking, I’m not totally against what he’s saying, tbh I wouldn’t be surprised to see Southgate playing that 11 as well.

There is 0 creativity in the middle of the pitch. I've not seen Rooney's explanation but not sure how the midfield could be justified. 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Cry some more. 

Obviously the format hasn't been ideal but that's covid. Wales had an entire week to prepare for this game. They travelled a couple of hours on a plane across Europe. Get over it. You weren't good enough.

Always thought he had his letter the wrong way round, Ghris....