The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Happy with that ?

i would worst team in group F

I probably wouldn't use the word "happy" but it's definitely preferable to both France and Portugal in my opinion. Hopefully we can get through and use the confidence to push our way through more "favourable" ties that would await further down the line.

For what it's worth, I think we've generally played well so far. There's been a lot of moaning, but that's because we've been boring, not poor. We clearly have a more negative playing style, but we're utilising it well regardless of if its what people want to see or not. Croatia and Czech Republic were walks in the park, never really in doubt. It'll be interesting to see how this style suits against a higher quality opposition who will probably look to gain the upper hand.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

I probably wouldn't use the word "happy" but it's definitely preferable to both France and Portugal in my opinion. Hopefully we can get through and use the confidence to push our way through more "favourable" ties that would await further down the line.

For what it's worth, I think we've generally played well so far. There's been a lot of moaning, but that's because we've been boring, not poor. We clearly have a more negative playing style, but we're utilising it well regardless of if its what people want to see or not. Croatia and Czech Republic were walks in the park, never really in doubt. It'll be interesting to see how this style suits against a higher quality opposition who will probably look to gain the upper hand.

England are a good side, Henderson back in midfield will help. You look solid and got great players up front capable of winning any game.Portugal werent exactly brilliant at last Euros and won it.

On 22/06/2021 at 22:28, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think it could in theory be Hungary also but that is somewhat less likely. 

I think both France and Germany will win the final group games and so we'll face ze Germans. 

31 years since we beat a top team in a knockout match. Big ask for this team. 

Called it....although admittedly it didn't happen quite as I had imagined it..... 

Stirling and Kane need to have their shooting boots on for this one. Although what I have seen so far, our defence seem pretty solid and Pickford a safe pair of hands. Think it will be a narrow victory for our lads.

13 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We (France) got Belgium, Italy and Spain. You are definitely in the good side of the draw...

Yup, all winnable if we turn up. 

Not that we've shown much evidence we will...

25 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You need to get over to the EFL depreciation thread and join in... Couple of days worth there for sure. 

Months you mean. I’ve had my EFL rant, not much more I can say without extreme use of profanity.

More intelligent people than me over there than can enjoy going through the reports and legal side of it all.