The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

Jozwiak has just played like he wouldn’t look out of place in a top 10 Premier League side. 

He’ll come back to Derby and play like he wouldn’t look out of place in a Conference side. 

What do we do to good players that makes them look so poor in our side? 

Played like he belongs in a top 10 premier league side…? He didn’t play like he could get near anyone of the top 10… do you seriously think he looked good enough to play for Chelsea? Or Leeds? or Everton? Not even close…he looks good enough to play for a lower end championship side…..and let’s face It, he didn’t look good enough for that last season. 

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's very difficult to compare. 

That I agree with, 100%.

Of course, we do have more games than before, but I think the standard at the bottom is higher than in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

There are more teams that were once dreadful that who are now scrappy and well organised potential banana skins.

Not that they are good and not that they shouldn't be beaten, but the likelihood of losing to a smaller nation has (probably) never been higher.

So yeah, it was a throwaway comment and just a casual observation really. An interesting stat rather than an important one imho.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Since the goalless draw his hard wired bias has been off the scale, If Scotland had won he would have exploded.

I can't see too much wrong in what he's said. 

We've had weeks of English pundits and fans saying how they were going to smash Scotland.

If you want to see hard wired bias, have a look at Ferdinand comments pre match in the BBC studio.

When it came to 11 V 11 there was little or no difference between the teams.

30 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

We've had weeks of English pundits and fans saying how they were going to smash Scotland.

If you want to see hard wired bias, have a look at Ferdinand comments pre match in the BBC studio.

But the point is, how wonderful was Gaza's goal in Euro 96? A topic that has been severely under punditted and would benefit from another pundit discussion.

Recollecting our last game with the benefit of hindsight I am pepsred to accept that the game showed all the aspects of a local Derby.

Form and skill goes out of the window.

The team with the most heart and desire to win usually takes the prize.

On this basis England did well not to lose!

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Recollecting our last game with the benefit of hindsight I am pepsred to accept that the game showed all the aspects of a local Derby.

Form and skill goes out of the window.

The team with the most heart and desire to win usually takes the prize.

On this basis England did well not to lose!

“ Form goes out the window “ is one of the biggest myths in football cliches. 
how many times have Everton beaten liverpool In the past god knows how many years? Normally, the best team wins, occasionally weird results are thrown up but just as often as weird results are thrown up when Brighton play away at Liverpool.

wow I have mentioned Liverpool a lot.. sorry. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

“ Form goes out the window “ is one of the biggest myths in football cliches. 
how many times have Everton beaten liverpool In the past god knows how many years? Normally, the best team wins, occasionally weird results are thrown up but just as often as weird results are thrown up when Brighton play away at Liverpool.

wow I have mentioned Liverpool a lot.. sorry. 

You're getting closer to coming out as a Scouser aren't you.

"I know it's might not be something everyone approves of, but, I just find myself attracted to Liverpool football club...I tried to fight it but...I can no longer deny it. Liver birds and Scouse birds just do it for me....ferry....cross the Mersey....."

8 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

He is like a dog with 2 dix (makes it twenty)

Had to turn the commentary off. John Hartson absolutely doing my nut in with his one-eyed gushing. This is faaabulous, and that's faaabulous. Anyone would think Wales were 3 up. 

Meanwhile, Italy look certainly looking like the real deal. Even with 8 changes, they really do look like a side who could win this thing.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Had to turn the commentary off. John Hartson absolutely doing my nut in with his one-eyed gushing. This is faaabulous, and that's faaabulous. Anyone would think Wales were 3 up. 

Meanwhile, Italy look certainly looking like the real deal. Even with 8 changes, they really do look like a side who could win this thing.

Italy have a proper squad by the looks of it and can make lots of changes without materially weakening the team. 

Our squad depth/variety yet to be proven. But surely we're not pinning our hopes on Harry Maguire 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Italy have a proper squad by the looks of it and can make lots of changes without materially weakening the team. 

Bonkers. When you can drop Locatelli and bring in a player like Verrati, it's not too shabby is it! The only downgrade for me was Belotti for Immobile. Immobile would have buried a couple of the chances Belotti squandered, in fact I've no idea how the Italians only managed a single goal tonight. It could easily have been 3 or 4. They're quite frightening to be honest and have impressed me more than any other side thus far and by some way too.

Why are BBC pretending that Ampadou was sent off harshly for Wales? 

Do we have to have a snapped ankle?

Joe Allen talking about players rolling around on the floor. He's one of the biggest referee bothering bitches in the game. 

"If Bale and Ramsey had taken their chances..."

Yeah, and if Italy had taken theirs it would be 6-2. 

"We're proving people wrong" - Bale. 

Are you kidding? People have been more up your arse than any other team. Fair play Scotland have put in 2 performances above the expectations but Wales? Drew with Switzerland, beat Turkey and lost to Italy... who you proving wrong?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

We’re proving people wrong - Bale

Are you kidding? People have been more up your arse than any other team. Fair play Scotland have put in 2 performances above the expectations but Wales? Drew with Switzerland, beat Turkey and lost to Italy... who you proving wrong?

Perhaps he’s trying to motivate his team   

Anyone else hoping Finland sneak through in second from Group B and do a job on Wales?

Just so the Welsh pundits are sent packing.

‘Italy have no world class players. They’d love a Bale or a Ramsey.’

Hal Robson Kanu said this with a straight face, only for Italy to make 8 changes and still wipe the floor with Wales.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

...Just so the Welsh pundits are sent packing.

‘Italy have no world class players. They’d love a Bale or a Ramsey.’

Hal Robson Kanu said this with a straight face, only for Italy to make 8 changes and still wipe the floor with Wales.

Wow, just wow! I was hoping the Swiss would score more!

I'm loving watching the Italians play - how often can you say that? ? Hope they win the tournament.

Edited by RoyMac5