Capital one cup

B4ev6is

13 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Don’t care who we get as long as we don’t play a ‘weakened side.’ Maybe that’s why Derby have never ever got near to winning this trophy. 

I agree, it’s frustrating to play a weakened team but, two comments to make:

1) Realistically, we’re not very likely to win it anytime soon even if we put out our strongest side

2) in 2018/19 we reached the 4th round before losing to Chelsea. In 2014/15 we reached the 5th round before losing to Chelsea. In 2008/09 we reached the semi finals before losing to Man U. So, Derby “never ever got close to near winning this trophy” because we are simply not good enough to challenge the big team. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

We did once under nigel clough if only commons goal had gone in that night at old Trafford.

I like nigel but don't think he could take credit for the run, he was only appointed 2 days before the 1st leg and I'm sure he didn't pick the team that night.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree, it’s frustrating to play a weakened team but, two comments to make:

1) Realistically, we’re not very likely to win it anytime soon even if we put out our strongest side

2) in 2018/19 we reached the 4th round before losing to Chelsea. In 2014/15 we reached the 5th round before losing to Chelsea. In 2008/09 we reached the semi finals before losing to Man U. So, Derby “never ever got close to near winning this trophy” because we are simply not good enough to challenge the big team. 

That's true although it's pretty poor in Derby's whole history that they've never made the finals. Plus the attitude of, we are unlikely to win it is the sort of loser mentality that is really frustrating. The competition features mainly second string sides until very later rounds and this century, Leicester, Birmingham, Blackburn Boro and Swansea have won it. I don't expect Derby to win it any time soon, but our record is awful- this century Derby have gone out at the first round 8 times! 

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

That's true although it's pretty poor in Derby's whole history that they've never made the finals. Plus the attitude of, we are unlikely to win it is the sort of loser mentality that is really frustrating. The competition features mainly second string sides until very later rounds and this century, Leicester, Birmingham, Blackburn Boro and Swansea have won it. I don't expect Derby to win it any time soon, but our record is awful- this century Derby have gone out at the first round 8 times! 

The football titans of Oldham, Luton, Bradford City and Tranmere have made the final of this one in the last 30 years.  Rotherham and Rochdale when it started. Swindon won it knocking us out in the QF in 69 after those resounding victories over Chelsea and Everton ???

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The football titans of Oldham, Luton, Bradford City and Tranmere have made the final of this one in the last 30 years.  Rotherham and Rochdale when it started. Swindon won it knocking us out in the QF in 69 after those resounding victories over Chelsea and Everton ???

Well I doubt many on here will have been alive when Derby last were in a major cup final!

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Well I doubt many on here will have been alive when Derby last were in a major cup final!

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I am if you count the Anglo Italian cup ?

On 31/05/2021 at 19:37, Foreveram said:

Catch 22 , If I get to go to the first round game it will be because my holiday to Mexico has been cancelled , so it could be Cancun or it could be Crewe

We were due to travel to Mexico on 29 August, but as TUI are not currently flying to Mexico, we have changed the booking to June 2022. The only saving grace is that the total cost (for three of us) is now £700 cheaper.

15 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

We were due to travel to Mexico on 29 August, but as TUI are not currently flying to Mexico, we have changed the booking to June 2022. The only saving grace is that the total cost (for three of us) is now £700 cheaper.

Mine is already amended from last year