Capital one cup

B4ev6is

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure? There were only 4000 in total. I doubt there would have been 2500 from Brentford.

Also:

The EFL added: “The League and its Clubs remain in proactive advanced discussions with the Welsh Government in respect of supporters permitted to attend the home legs of both Swansea City and Newport County’s respective Play-Off Semi-Finals.

“We are confident a successful outcome will be achieved shortly, and we will look to confirm as soon as possible.”

Like the Premier League, there will be no away fans during the play-offs due to the operational challenges that would bring.

I know this quote only specifically references Swansea and Newport but it would have been the same for the other games.

Correction to the above @B4ev6is There were 2300 at Bournemouth and they were all home fans.

14 hours ago, David said:

Is it really called the Capital One cup this year? 

Are they any better than gambling or alcohol sponsors that are getting attacked at the minute.

Giving credit to people with poor credit history but with a huge APR.

Not out to make a stand against this, just find it interesting that’s all, excuse the pun.

It’s an odd one this taking a stand. We all have bees in bonnets - mine is definitely high cost lenders preying on the desperate or the ill educated. I cheered when Wonga went and the vomit ridden “Brighthouse”  Horrible concepts run by horrible people. 

I’m not religious but the concept of usuary so frowned on by religion is a good one. Being prone to addiction is one thing - booze and gambling - in the end these are illnesses that with  help can be challenged and defeated. Loan sharks are predatory and need to be  shamed, vilified and wiped off the face of the earth. They claim it is a business model or they are serving a market. Garbage .. they are crooks in smart suits. Loathsome 

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They were on away fans as well even said so on efl helights.

Well I’ll take your word for it even though I watched the highlights and don’t remember hearing them say that.

This is the official statement on the EFL site:

Given the operational challenges Clubs would face hosting both home and away supporters, it has been agreed that there will be no away fans in attendance during the Sky Bet EFL Play-Off Semi-Finals.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well I’ll take your word for it even though I watched the highlights and don’t remember hearing them say that.

This is the official statement on the EFL site:

Given the operational challenges Clubs would face hosting both home and away supporters, it has been agreed that there will be no away fans in attendance during the Sky Bet EFL Play-Off Semi-Finals.

Well my dad heard same as me so unless efl show made a mistake it differently said away fans were there also.

I think, B4, that all games where fans have been allowed have been home fans only with the only exceptions being the Wembley finals. 

Same policy applies in rugby league and I would imagine other sports too.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well premiership clubs welcomed home and away fans for last 2 games of the season. I still see no reason why we wont be allowed in.

I really don’t know where you’re getting your information from.

This is from the Premier League’s own website.

The Premier League has today confirmed that the final two Matchweeks of the 2020/21 season will be limited to home fans, subject to the Government easing lockdown restrictions in the United Kingdom.  

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I really don’t know where you’re getting your information from.

This is from the Premier League’s own website.

The Premier League has today confirmed that the final two Matchweeks of the 2020/21 season will be limited to home fans, subject to the Government easing lockdown restrictions in the United Kingdom.  

I saw 0n teletext saying home and away fans we be welcomed at premiership grounds.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well my dad heard same as me so unless efl show made a mistake it differently said away fans were there also.

They must have made a mistake. No away fans at play offs other than Wembley when both were away fans. Think we will know in the week running up to June 21 what the restrictions may be like. Would expect by August some away fans can attend but suspect by November things may be looked at again 

Edited by 1967RAMS

8 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

They must have made a mistake. No away fans at play offs other than Wembley when both were away fans. Think we will know in the week running up to June 21 what the restrictions may be like. Would expect by August some away fans can attend but suspect by November things may be looked at again 

Most people will have had both vaccines by then so once again see no reason why we shall not be allowed and costs clubs big time.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Most people will have had both vaccines by then so once again see no reason why we shall not be allowed and costs clubs big time.

It all depends on the variants and how long immunity actually lasts. Fingers crossed for normalcy by August at the very latest 

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

In the thick of the normal "flu" season then, we need to be very careful about a 3rd wave of the virus during winter (November - March). Best hope is actually early in the season for me in terms of fan attendance, home and away, if they don't allow fans in in September it would seem brave to me to "open" back up during the time you'd expect the risk to be highest. For me its sod's law that football is a winter game. Personally I'd be opening up now (and a littler earlier than we have) in the expectation that late spring/summer/early autumn is fine and late/autumn winter we need to reign in. 

14 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

In the thick of the normal "flu" season then, we need to be very careful about a 3rd wave of the virus during winter (November - March). Best hope is actually early in the season for me in terms of fan attendance, home and away, if they don't allow fans in in September it would seem brave to me to "open" back up during the time you'd expect the risk to be highest. For me its sod's law that football is a winter game. Personally I'd be opening up now (and a littler earlier than we have) in the expectation that late spring/summer/early autumn is fine and late/autumn winter we need to reign in. 

Well bound to combine flu and cov 19 as one vaccine.