I hate Captain Hindsight even more than I hated Captain Bob

richinspain

Please, before saying how bad Mel's decisions have been can people just think how they actually felt when those decisions were made. Managerial appointments and sackings, player signings (both the player and the contract they were offered), CEO sackings.......... The only decision that really strikes me as being widely opposed to was the sale of the ground. And that was probably the only one that (because of the earlier decisions) was actually the right one.

A massive 94% were in agreement with Rooney's permanent appointment at the time. There isn't a thread on the forum now that doesn't allude to that being the cause of our current on pitch problems.

Opinions change. That's a right for everyone, but don't say that they haven't changed and that you always felt that way. Admit you were wrong. No one will call you out on it. You might even get a like for admitting it.

10 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Please, before saying how bad Mel's decisions have been can people just think how they actually felt when those decisions were made. Managerial appointments and sackings, player signings (both the player and the contract they were offered), CEO sackings.......... The only decision that really strikes me as being widely opposed to was the sale of the ground. And that was probably the only one that (because of the earlier decisions) was actually the right one.

A massive 94% were in agreement with Rooney's permanent appointment at the time. There isn't a thread on the forum now that doesn't allude to that being the cause of our current on pitch problems.

Opinions change. That's a right for everyone, but don't say that they haven't changed and that you always felt that way. Admit you were wrong. No one will call you out on it. You might even get a like for admitting it.

What was the date of the 94% Rooney in poll? Unless I have totally lost my memory when he was appointed it was pretty much 50/50?

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Jim Smith appointed Derby County manager, that’s a fantastic signing, said practically nobody 

Apart from me ? was living in Pompey for a while and saw how good that team were. Knew he would do a good job and thankfully we dodged the bullet of Brian Horton who was favourite for the position at one time 

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Serious question, were you one of the seven?

Put up the poll on the day he was appointed, not when we were just at the end of our only decent run that was obviously, in hindsight, down to the Bielik bounce....I can’t remember how I voted in January. I can remember saying like with Cocu, he should be given some time. But in normal circumstances his time would be up..

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Put up the poll on the day he was appointed, not when we were just at the end of our only decent run that was obviously, in hindsight, down to the Bielik bounce....I can’t remember how I voted in January. I can remember saying like with Cocu, he should be given some time. But in normal circumstances his time would be up..

In normal circumstances, with hindsight, his time would be up. You did however say that he should be given some time. You didn't have hindsight to sway your decision. You felt, possibly with apprehension, that he deserved a chance. You were wrong, with hindsight. What's wrong with people? Hold your hand up. You (people, not @Jimbo Ram particularly) were wrong, but at the time very few disagreed with Mel's decisions. I own up. I was wrong. As many times as Mel was. 
??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

In normal circumstances, with hindsight, his time would be up. You did however say that he should be given some time. You didn't have hindsight to sway your decision. You felt, possibly with apprehension, that he deserved a chance. You were wrong, with hindsight. What's wrong with people? Hold your hand up. You (people, not @Jimbo Ram particularly) were wrong, but at the time very few disagreed with Mel's decisions. I own up. I was wrong. As many times as Mel was. 
??‍♂️

I am happy to own up when I am wrong. I didn’t want to appoint Jim Smith, I didn’t want to sign Vydra or CKR.....but hindsight doesn’t come in to it with the Rooney appointment because I wouldn’t have appointed him..

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am happy to own up when I am wrong. I didn’t want to appoint Jim Smith, I didn’t want to sign Vydra or CKR.....but hindsight doesn’t come in to it with the Rooney appointment because I wouldn’t have appointed him..

Fair enough. 94%, me included, would have done.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I don't recall any such figure of 94% but as you quote in your post am happy to be proved wrong. And will admit it.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You are getting the dates of the polls muddled. 94% didn’t vote for the appointment on the day of his appointment, that was at the end of our Bielik bounce...

My dates may be muddled, but hindsight is still wonderful ain't it?