Friends

MrPlinkett

Just now, David said:

Never quite understood the hype when it was on TV and relevant. Always found it quite cringeworthy, an unscripted reunion is not something I would be willing to waste any of my time on.

Agree with that, "jokes" are so obvious and the characters so one dimensional. Although I hardly seen any of it and most of that comes from the Friends version.

Something like Modern Family seems streets ahead.

1 minute ago, David said:

I don’t think Americans do sitcoms well at all.

Friends, Frasier, Big Bang Theory and the like, poorly written and the humour is very basic where I can barely smirk.

It’s one thing Britain can do well, sitcoms. They could learn a lot from us.

You tried Modern Family. It's great.

40 minutes ago, David said:

Friends, Frasier, Big Bang Theory and the like, poorly written and the humour is very basic where I can barely smirk.

You’re trying to wind in Sissy aren’t you?

2 hours ago, David said:

I don't know. Last good british sitcom I watched was Peep show. It's been that bereft over the last 6 or 7 years the BBC are importing the dirge that's Mrs Browns Boys 24-7. The worst of the lot was Citizen Khan. Had more laughs hitting a finger with a hammer.

Modern family is very good although it lost it's way about the 4th season, then got good again. 

Schitts Creek was very good.

Can't agree Frasier was poorly written,  some excellent very funny farcical situations with very good acting. 

Guess it does show that we all like different stuff though. 

Life would be most certainly boring if we did all agree.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't know. Last good british sitcom I watched was Peep show. It's been that bereft over the last 6 or 7 years the BBC are importing the dirge that's Mrs Browns Boys 24-7. The worst of the lot was Citizen Khan. Had more laughs hitting a finger with a hammer.

Modern family is very good although it lost it's way about the 4th season, then got good again. 

Mrs Browns Boys is that bad it could be American.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

James Corden with his fake posh accent. *******

I don't mind Friends, Goldbergs, Big Bang etc as stuff to stick on when there's nothing on.

Lots of plastic on that sofa!

apart from Matthew Perry who looked as if he was made from melted candle wax.....

9 hours ago, David said:

Never quite understood the hype when it was on TV and relevant. Always found it quite cringeworthy, an unscripted reunion is not something I would be willing to waste any of my time on.

Never managed to watch an entire episode of Friends.

Humour seemed puerile and forced.

Sorry to all fans.

☹️