Sheffield Wednesday Mess

Day

Take no joy from posting this, feel for the fans as it’s one thing after another, but here’s the latest. Just shows how dire the situation is there.

When you look at the situation at Stoke as well, maybe forced to sell their own ground just to comply, it’s about time the EFL got a grip of the situation.

Was going to post this in the topic I created, this is what we’re up against but that’s more now how badly we went wrong, not how broken then game is.

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Least they have a ground to sell. Not sure what our fallback will be if we get into the same mess which isn't beyond any stretch of the imagination right now.

Think you must have been off sick that day when we discussed this

59 minutes ago, David said:

Already been done.

Villa did the same, Stoke also look to follow suit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48964055

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ay? I thought they'd sold it and wrongly accounted for it, hence points deduction?

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Think you must have been off sick that day when we discussed this

Why would you assume @Tyler Durden meant Shef Wed when he mentioned selling the ground? David also talked about Stoke selling their ground in his first post, which i would assume was the purpose of his comment.

Edited by GenBr

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Least they have a ground to sell. Not sure what our fallback will be if we get into the same mess which isn't beyond any stretch of the imagination right now.

Are you calling Derby for for selling the ground when we were going to make £25m loss and praising Stoke for doing it when they are going to lose £88m? What are Stoke going to do if they stay in this mess? 

Is this like your point the other day of how did FFP breaking Bournemouth get promoted without parachute payments?

Edited by rynny

4 hours ago, rynny said:

Are you calling Derby for for selling the ground when we were going to make £25m loss and praising Stoke for doing it when they are going to lose £88m? What are Stoke going to do if they stay in this mess? 

Is this like your point the other day of how did FFP breaking Bournemouth get promoted without parachute payments?

CBA to work it out right now, but I’d be interested to see how many clubs have actually been promoted since the introduction of FFP without either a) having parachute payments, b) breaking FFP or c) somehow finding a loophole in FFP. 

I bet it’s not many. 

16 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why would you assume @Tyler Durden meant Shef Wed when he mentioned selling the ground? David also talked about Stoke selling their ground in his first post, which i would assume was the purpose of his comment.

Apologies to Tyler if he was in fact talking about Stoke’s ground.

I fail to see how losing almost £90m but at least having their ground to sell is a positive though.

But it would seem as if Derby bad, everyone else good. 

We could offer the cheapest tickets in the league during this pandemic and it would be Derby bad, losing money, no business sense. League 1 club at best.

Posted my dinner last night in the what are we eating thread, I was half expecting that to be turned into something Derby had done wrong ?

13 minutes ago, David said:

Apologies to Tyler if he was in fact talking about Stoke’s ground.

I fail to see how losing almost £90m but at least having their ground to sell is a positive though.

But it would seem as if Derby bad, everyone else good. 

We could offer the cheapest tickets in the league during this pandemic and it would be Derby bad, losing money, no business sense. League 1 club at best.

Posted my dinner last night in the what are we eating thread, I was half expecting that to be turned into something Derby had done wrong ?

Noooooo, that's totally down to you!

ps it actually looked rather appetising (needed a few fish heads though ?)

18 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Didnt lower league clubs furlough playing staff last year ?

And i nearly forgot Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool putting non playing staff on furlough.

is it the same Stoke owned by a billionaire who tends to pay herself c250M a year in dividend?

Rotten to the core from top to bottom 

It's not Stoke who are furloughing players, it's Sheffield Wednesday. 

And Stoke are considering selling the ground to themselves because despite being owned by a billionaire they can't put that money into the club without breaching FFP, unless they do something like that.  Which is exactly what we did.

Worrying times for Wednesday. By my calculations, they've only got 12 senior players, and most of them are out of contract at the end of next season. Even if they lose players, they'll be hoping to get something for them in the transfer market to invest for next season.