Euro 2020 Predictions

David

This is the first time in my lifetime I'm looking at a major international football trophy and thinking "England really ought to be winning this". And not just that we have a chance but we really REALLY should be embarrassed with anything less than semi-finals. We've got one of the better sides and the nations that usually beat us - Spain, Portugal, Germany...are all going through poorer generations of players than they've known for a while.

France and Belgium are our biggest threats so would understand bowing out to one of those. We boast a squad in the top 3 in Europe in that respect. Whether we are the best, probably not, that's likely France. Belgium and England are close for 2nd and 3rd.

So we absolutely can win this, and we should be challenging ourselves to win this one. If we're not going to this tournament to win, we may as well not bother.

Winners: England

Runners Up: France

France seems to be forum's favorite, but the winner will be Finland. 

Final: France-Finland 1-5

If our B team can win them 0-2 away, our first team will beat the poo out them on a neutral ground.

England has a catasthropic tournament and will be third in their group.

Personally, I was looking forward to go Russia to watch some games, but decided not to when Putin sent his green little men to the border of Ukraine again. Personal little boycott, but seems like I'm not the only one doing so. My boycott will apply in Qatar as well, different dictatorship yet there's multiple reasons to continue doing so.

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

France seems to be forum's favorite, but the winner will be Finland. 

Final: France-Finland 1-5

If our B team can win them 0-2 away, our first team will beat the poo out them on a neutral ground.

England has a catasthropic tournament and will be third in their group.

Personally, I was looking forward to go Russia to watch some games, but decided not to when Putin sent his green little men to the border of Ukraine again. Personal little boycott, but seems like I'm not the only one doing so. My boycott will apply in Qatar as well, different dictatorship yet there's multiple reasons to continue doing so.

We were rubbish against Finland and Pogba was abysmal if i remeber correctly. But that loss was probably the best result we got last year, no matter how much talent you got if you dont turn up, you get turned over, simple as that. DD was livid the following day on tv.

1 - 5 are you sure ?

40 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We were rubbish against Finland and Pogba was abysmal if i remeber correctly. But that loss was probably the best result we got last year, no matter how much talent you got if you dont turn up, you get turned over, simple as that. DD was livid the following day on tv.

1 - 5 are you sure ?

Yeah, it would be more but I think you up your game in final. ?

Edited by Dimmu

21 hours ago, Tombo said:

This is the first time in my lifetime I'm looking at a major international football trophy and thinking "England really ought to be winning this". And not just that we have a chance but we really REALLY should be embarrassed with anything less than semi-finals. We've got one of the better sides and the nations that usually beat us - Spain, Portugal, Germany...are all going through poorer generations of players than they've known for a while.

France and Belgium are our biggest threats so would understand bowing out to one of those. We boast a squad in the top 3 in Europe in that respect. Whether we are the best, probably not, that's likely France. Belgium and England are close for 2nd and 3rd.

So we absolutely can win this, and we should be challenging ourselves to win this one. If we're not going to this tournament to win, we may as well not bother.

Winners: England

Runners Up: France

Portugal have just as good ateam as Belgium and us :

Ronaldo, Bruno, Ruben Dias, Bernardo Silva, Cancelo, Patricio, Joa Felix, Jota, Pepe is still decent as well. 

Got to be 2nd favourites after France I think. Think ultimately our poor defence and Southagates tactics will let us down. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Like another poster said we really should be in the running this year. The options we have pretty much everywhere should ensure that we're at least in the semi finals and hopefully we can recreate the 2018 feeling across the country. My only concern is cb wise we could be a bit stronger but we should escape the group without too much trouble. 

I think the favourites have got to be France but they could easily stumble out at the first hurdle... if they go out early I'd fancy our chances against anyone on our day. 

winner: France 

Runner up: England 

On 30/05/2021 at 14:24, Red_Dawn said:

Winner: England

I know you’ve got used to watching a team that loses every week, but how negative are you lot? 
king of the hill no GIF

Glass houses? You only won 1 more game than us, to hear you talk you were watching Brazil play in front of the famous pink seats

On 29/05/2021 at 17:20, Marriott Ram99 said:

Portugal have just as good ateam as Belgium and us :

Ronaldo, Bruno, Ruben Dias, Bernardo Silva, Cancelo, Patricio, Joa Felix, Jota, Pepe is still decent as well. 

Got to be 2nd favourites after France I think. Think ultimately our poor defence and Southagates tactics will let us down. 

With tournament football I always think just don't overcomplicate it. A lot of it is about which side can really get together and get some momentum going.

We did that at the world cup and it's why we did so well. No expectation as such. We just got a good side together and played well. Of course there were close moments, we won our first group game against Tunisia in the last minute. We beat Columbia on penalties in the round of 16. Fine margins. But who cares, we  managed to get a good feeling going and very nearly made something special happen.

This year we without doubt have one of the best teams and so should have a really good chance of taking home the trophy. Let's hope we can recreate the feeling of 2018. The first game is always crucial. Come on England!