Martyn Waghorn - gone to Coventry City

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd rather save the money and give Duncan a go - he looked to be able to run around in a Waghorn-like manner! 

I think there's more than enough holes in the squad for both Waghorn and Duncan to play a part (also I'm pinning my hopes massively on Stretton this season). Depends exactly how much Waggy is on and who we can get in to replace him with how much we can spend (even after embargo I doubt Mel will be willing to splash more cash on 'marquee' signings).

Any other season I'd be happy for Waghorn to leave (preferably we'd get some money for him) but I've a tiny sneaking feeling that this season we may be a little short on numbers..... 

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

John’s a bit old isn’t he?  Good player though. 

Not much older than Waghorn is he? Looked to have a much better striker's awareness in the box.

Edited by RoyMac5

Whilst not a centre forward he is a much better option to keep than not having him and I still suspect we will sell either Lawrence and or jozwiak and Waghorn does a decent enough job wide right and he still has the best set piece delivery in the squad. Keep him if we can at sensible money.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To cover wages? We probably have the smallest wage bill in the league right now

Marriott's deal originally was extended only to be revoked by the EFL. He didn't choose not to extend because wages were late in December ?

Watford were/are a PL side

You seem to be the kind of guy who won't take on board someone else's opinion or just can't see the wood for the trees.  That's fine but life's to short.  Cheers

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You seem to be the kind of guy who won't take on board someone else's opinion or just can't see the wood for the trees.  That's fine but life's to short.  Cheers

Your post appeared to be factually incorrect though, rather than it being down to opinions

33 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

If I was Derby at the moment I would be offering a clause in the contract that states that contracts (earnings) will be reviewed upon the conclusion of the EFL saga. Then tip them the wink that we would increase it to x amount

I think probably we should stop the winking, it seems to have blinded us as to the best approach?