Sheffield United

Oldben

United’s 1-0 defeat at Newcastle in midweek was their 29th of the season, equalling the record for the most losses in a single Premier League season alongside Ipswich Town, Sunderland and Derby County.

So defeat on Sunday would see them set the record outright, inking their name in the record books for the wrong reasons.

At last derbys unwanted record could be broken.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

For once not a media conspiracy; we truly were the worst. 

Totally agree, until someone gets only 10 points we will keep that tag. Even if someone did get 10 we would probably get referenced as "former worst team in prem history" ? the media need a tag to get clicks and well it works. That's why in an article specifically about Mel all the pictures are of Rooney ? Rooney generates more clicks 

3 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

The media would still use the lowest points total against us and call us the "worst team in premier League history" ? 

To be fair, the only time our 11 points is mentioned is when another team looks like they may come close to beating it. Also, I don't remember the last time (if ever) "the media" referred to us as the worst team in premier league history. I tend to think it's something we are far more conscious of than others. 

No one can deny that eleven points from 38 matches was abysmal.

Whether that represents one win and eight draws with 29 defeats...

Or three victories two draws and 33 defeats

It is eleven points in a season.

The blades have twenty points.

We were about as good as a Conference team playing in the Premiership.

It was disgusting to be honest and if they handed out punishments based on lack of effort we might have had to reapply for League Two membership.

Sorry but that's my opinion of 2008!image.png.d28e03e9102478ebaaefe5b4cf8c9b40.png

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

To be fair, the only time our 11 points is mentioned is when another team looks like they may come close to beating it. Also, I don't remember the last time (if ever) "the media" referred to us as the worst team in premier league history. I tend to think it's something we are far more conscious of than others. 

You are probably right, Wayne Rooney's face generates more clicks than "worst team in prem history does X"

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

United’s 1-0 defeat at Newcastle in midweek was their 29th of the season, equalling the record for the most losses in a single Premier League season alongside Ipswich Town, Sunderland and Derby County.

So defeat on Sunday would see them set the record outright, inking their name in the record books for the wrong reasons.

At last derbys unwanted record could be broken.

If they don't score they will have scored the least goals as well.