Eurovision

Wolfie

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

The total shame of it all.

@Coconut, @HuddersRam, @Alpha, @Van der MoodHoover, @Cisse, @Wolfie, @dog, @TigerTedd, @RoyMac5, @Tamworthram, @r4derby, @Pearl Ram, @Andicis, @Grimbeard, @Boycie, @EtoileSportiveDeDerby, @Mucker1884, @WharfedaleRam, @Gee SCREAMER !! you really should consider how your lives are turning out. @ramithas some excuse as the only other option was to fish in an ice hole (not a euphemism). @Anag Ramand his ‘I only watched it as my son had it on telly’ story shows him only to be in complete denial of his love of long haired men and Lycra.

I was pushing for Army of the Dead but a promise of appropriate restitution in bed and a newly purchased crate of beer later and I grudgingly sat down to watch... 

Got to say... I was staggered by how much better the songs were than I expected. 

Lithuania was like Hot Chip, Iceland was like an electro Arcade Fire, Italy won with a Royal Blood /Artic Monkey /The Darkness rip off, Ukraine almost gave me a happy hardcore acid flashback, Switzerland vocals sounded like A-Ha, there were a couple of absolute hotties and the Bulgaria entrant almost reduced me to tears... 

I really bloody enjoyed it...and I got restitution too, win - win. 

28 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I was pushing for Army of the Dead but a promise of appropriate restitution in bed and a newly purchased crate of beer later and I grudgingly sat down to watch... 

Got to say... I was staggered by how much better the songs were than I expected. 

Lithuania was like Hot Chip, Iceland was like an electro Arcade Fire, Italy won with a Royal Blood /Artic Monkey /The Darkness rip off, Ukraine almost gave me a happy hardcore acid flashback, Switzerland vocals sounded like A-Ha, there were a couple of absolute hotties and the Bulgaria entrant almost reduced me to tears... 

I really bloody enjoyed it...and I got restitution too, win - win. 

Chester, I have no problem you watching it if you drank a crate of beer beforehand. The others though clearly prepared beforehand, with cheese nibbles, some vol-au-vents, and a couple of Babychams/Cherry B’s. 

p.s. The hotties were probably blokes.

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Chester, I have no problem you watching it if you drank a crate of beer beforehand. The others though clearly prepared beforehand, with cheese nibbles, some vol-au-vents, and a couple of Babychams/Cherry B’s. 

But next year I fear I will be doing that too. 

Errr.. Check out the Greek entrant...very little chance that is a bloke. 

I hadn't drunk a crate before... Maybe half whilst watching. Bloody good job because the Bulgarian song dedicated to a Dad with Motor Neurone Disease would probably have reduced me to an emotional mess... As it was I had to fake dust in my eye. 

And you know what, I'm watching Army of the Dead tonight and its pretty rubbish. 

54 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We'll have none of your filthy nonsense round here..... 

That sounded so unappetising I almost spat out the remains of my kumquat roulade, sun-dried tomato filo pastries and kir royale.... ?

Would have made a right mess of my gold spandex loons.... 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

But next year I fear I will be doing that too. 

Errr.. Check out the Greek entrant...very little chance that is a bloke. 

I hadn't drunk a crate before... Maybe half whilst watching. Bloody good job because the Bulgarian song dedicated to a Dad with Motor Neurone Disease would probably have reduced me to an emotional mess... As it was I had to fake dust in my eye. 

And you know what, I'm watching Army of the Dead tonight and its pretty rubbish. 

Noted re. the Greek entrant. I googled, and I now have taramasalata all over my trousers.
https://eurovision.tv/video/stefania-last-dance-live-greece-grand-final-eurovision-2021

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We'll have none of your filthy nonsense round here..... 

That sounded so unappetising I almost spat out the remains of my kumquat roulade, sun-dried tomato filo pastries and kir royale.... ?

Would have made a right mess of my gold spandex loons.... 

A proper Brit would have had gammon sandwiches.

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Spare a thought for Rhiannon Spear had to delete her Twitter account after posting well done Eurovision we hate the UK as well.  The SNP only passed a hate crime bill the other week so the first casualty of that law is one of their own. ??

I saw that ... unbelievable ... like pressing a self destruct button ... then she tried to defend it ... she should have apologised and said she had been on Drambuie

fall run GIF

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I saw that ... unbelievable ... like pressing a self destruct button ... then she tried to defend it ... she should have apologised and said she had been on Drambuie

fall run GIF

Isn’t funny how the MSM give priority to certain hate crimes but not others it’s like they have been infiltrated by university educated progressive liberals with their own ideological agenda thinking they can brainwash the masses with their bias news reporting. 
Anyway that’s my last comment on the subject time to move on my local micro pub is now open on a Monday happy days?

Edited by cstand

On 23/05/2021 at 00:44, ramit said:

The friend votes are fascinating.  Azerbaijan praising the Russian bear, Moldova receiving support from global rivals, fun and games.

Loved that when the Cypriot presenter was doing the whole "pause for suspense" before announcing who their jury gave the 12 points to, the entire crowd were shouting "GREECE!". Half the fun of Eurovision is the political voting at the end. Almost a game show in of itself.

6 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Loved that when the Cypriot presenter was doing the whole "pause for suspense" before announcing who their jury gave the 12 points to, the entire crowd were shouting "GREECE!". Half the fun of Eurovision is the political voting at the end. Almost a game show in of itself.

Greece and Cyprus is the best example - they always give each other 12 points.

I seem to remember we used to be able to bank on at least a few points from Ireland, back in the day.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Greece and Cyprus is the best example - they always give each other 12 points.

I seem to remember we used to be able to bank on at least a few points from Ireland, back in the day.

Yeah I was saying to the wife that we should get at least a sympathy point from Ireland and/or Australia... guess we pissed them off with Brexit too.

56 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Too many examples of political voting to list..... 

... at least we are altruistic in giving points to Iceland. They now think we're lovely. 

Wait till they see the RN over the horizon, coming up for the cod... ?

No worries, we will wave your RN a cheerful friendly bye bye after we've twisted uncle Sam's arm, while winking at Vladimir