Eurovision

Wolfie

Always enjoyed Eurovision but it's getting a bit to serious.  The majority of acts seem to be announced as 'already having 4 number 1 hits in there home country' or already have ' received extensive airplay across Europe' due to having a recording contract. That gives them a huge advantage over others. 

From now on it should go back to the old way of sending in a video tape and having no previous career to speak off.  Bring the fun back. No more retired boy band members, Bonnie Tylers or Flo Ridas.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always enjoyed Eurovision but it's getting a bit to serious.  The majority of acts seem to be announced as 'already having 4 number 1 hits in there home country' or already have ' received extensive airplay across Europe' due to having a recording contract. That gives them a huge advantage over others. 

From now on it should go back to the old way of sending in a video tape and having no previous career to speak off.  Bring the fun back. No more retired boy band members, Bonnie Tylers or Flo Ridas.

So what your saying is, we should go back to the days of nobodies representing their countries, like Cliff Richard, ABBA and Catrina and the Waves?

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So what your saying is, we should go back to the days of nobodies representing their countries, like Cliff Richard, ABBA and Catrina and the Waves?

I did say majority, there was always a minority looking for career boost when sales bottom off, though it seemed to start picking up rapidly in the late 90's. I don't think it should be allowed at all.   And you can't count ABBA, nobody had heard of them in 1974 bar 100 people in Japan. 

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I did say majority, there was always a minority looking for career boost when sales bottom off, though it seemed to start picking up rapidly in the late 90's. I don't think it should be allowed at all.   And you can't count ABBA, nobody had heard of them in 1974 bar 100 people in Japan. 

Cliff Richard, Sandy Shaw, Lulu, Engelbert Humperdink and that's just the UK ones.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought we gave France 12 ?

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Our jury did. We don’t know what ranking our public vote gave and hence points.

I was more embarassed we put Amanda holden up to announce the scores and she managed to play the part of brainless old slapper to an even greater degree than I feared.....?

Our Jury gave France 12 but public vote was Lithuania & Iceland 12 & 10 points

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Our Jury gave France 12 but public vote was Lithuania & Iceland 12 & 10 points

Where did you get the public vote results? 

I just watched the TV and they just seemed to read out an aggregate total for each country so didn't see who had voted for who. 

Is there a website as well or something? 

I hope @ramit is feeling the love for his countrymen... ?