Simon Jordan

Oldben

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Simon Jordan seems to have a lot to say about Derby county and to me so much of it seems accurate and exactly what I'm interested to read.

On a number of topics he seems a good source of insights on Derby.

Would you agree?

He got it pretty much right on the Wazza appointment bar 2 minutes......seems to have got it wrong on Alonso though...

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

seems to have got it wrong on Alonso though...

Yeah let himself down a bit there stating that he'd had it confirmed by a very very good source that Alonso was a man of "significant means". Turns out that his source was Mel who of course thought that hence the sale agreement! ?‍♂️

Edited by Carnero

36 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Simon Jordan seems to have a lot to say about Derby county and to me so much of it seems accurate and exactly what I'm interested to read.

Would you agree?

got eric alonso completely wrong so on that basis alone I'd take his opinions with a pinch of salt. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Would you agree?

I’ve always quite liked him. Blunt, abrasive at times. Not subtle in any way, no people pleaser but there’s always a pragmatic honesty about him. 

Similar to Piers Morgan in that I instinctively disliked him and slowly realised he is playing up the pantomime dame act and grudgingly warmed to him.  Over time I actually liked them both and their 'I will say it as it is' with a slight tongue in cheek air. 

However, Piers went full circle as he is actually a bit of a prat really, whereas Jordan is usually good value and pretty thoughtful. I usually find myself agreeing with him and he makes me laugh a lot, especially when he pokes fun at the intensely annoying Jim White. 

He obviously got the inside track from Mel personally so went to bat for him. Since then that has proved to be a mistake and Mel has gone quiet on him...so he is reversing, hardly a surprise. He is more than willing to laugh at himself, he is a self made man who almost bankrupted himself trying to run his local team and has started out again somewhat wiser, regularly taking to task agents, footballers, the FA etc, so on balance I am very much on the pro side of any debate regarding him. 

Edited by Chester40

29 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Similar to Piers Morgan in that I instinctively disliked him and slowly realised he is playing up the pantomime dame act and grudgingly warmed to him.  Over time I actually liked them both and their 'I will say it as it is' with a slight tongue in cheek air. 

However, Piers went full circle as he is actually a bit of a prat really, whereas Jordan is usually good value and pretty thoughtful. I usually find myself agreeing with him and he makes me laugh a lot, especially when he pokes fun at the intensely annoying Jim White. 

He obviously got the inside track from Mel personally so went to bat for him. Since then that has proved to be a mistake and Mel has gone quiet on him...so he is reversing, hardly a surprise. He is more than willing to laugh at himself, he is a self made man who almost bankrupted himself trying to run his local team and has started out again somewhat wiser, regularly taking to task agents, footballers, the FA etc, so on balance I am very much on the pro side of any debate regarding him. 

I stopped reading at “bit of a prat”...

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Would you agree?

No

Kinda just wish Mel was more willing to talk to our local press than feeding bits to Jordan/White and letting it play out on a national radio station. Let’s be right it’s not played out overly well and everyone including the club end up looking daft on a bigger scale.

Don’t underestimate the reach of Radio Derby/DET. Talk to those who know and understand the situation and he’d find himself on more balanced ground with the fans.