Preseason 2021/22

RoyMac5

Anyone else think that we might be ok this season? A couple of decent centre backs, and a forward or two and we will be competitive. All loans of course, and the embargo needs to be lifted, but I think that will happen. Perhaps might even get a new owner, and a bit of fresh money in the transfer pot.

clap russ GIF by TheMacnabs

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’d imagine today is going to be quite demoralising for the players and staff seeing only half a squad turn up for training,

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Bloody disgrace really, start of pre season and still nothing has happened. I can't even get excited about this season, I've tried to but I can't. We've got an owner who doesn't want to be here, a rookie manager, half a squad most of whom are kids. The club is just a mess. 

I'll use this example again...

Do you think Swansea will be 'demoralised' and consider it a 'disgraced at only 16 senior players turning up on the first day?

McDonald, Ebosele, Watson and Stretton are the first team sqaud, making 17. I imagine Ravas, Davies and Wisdom (maybe Waggy too) will come in as long as there's still the possibility of them staying.

49 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Anyone else think that we might be ok this season? A couple of decent centre backs, and a forward or two and we will be competitive. All loans of course, and the embargo needs to be lifted, but I think that will happen. Perhaps might even get a new owner, and a bit of fresh money in the transfer pot.

No,to be honest..mainly because i don't believe we won't get those necessary players in.

Plus there's Wayne.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Yep. If Wayne could get 5 loans in at the end of last Jan's window then we'll be getting players in, but they may sign late as is often the case with loans.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Can someone pop in and check on i-Ram please

Trying to stay positive and optimistic, which is hard.

Could this be a good thing. We have bare bones in terms of the first time squad, as it is u23s and u18s are going to have to step up.

Wayne (or whoever the manager is) will have a couple of weeks at least to identify who can step up. 

Stretton, Kornell McDonald, Liam Thompson, Tyreese Wilson, now is their time.

If and when we finally get the green light to strengthen, Wayne SHOULD know exactly what he needs.

Why do we always seem to go back late? Understand after play off seasons but seen most teams have been back already, Birmingham up in Scotland with Ex SAS guys training on mindset and team work, we just always seem to be last ones back 

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Why do we always seem to go back late? Understand after play off seasons but seen most teams have been back already, Birmingham up in Scotland with Ex SAS guys training on mindset and team work, we just always seem to be last ones back 

So we won’t be burnt out by the time we get to the playoffs

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Yep, take the momentum we gained towards the end of last season in to training and the new season and everything looking good....

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'll use this example again...

Do you think Swansea will be 'demoralised' and consider it a 'disgraced at only 16 senior players turning up on the first day?

McDonald, Ebosele, Watson and Stretton are the first team sqaud, making 17. I imagine Ravas, Davies and Wisdom (maybe Waggy too) will come in as long as there's still the possibility of them staying.

But Swansea will make good signings. How can we? We just want some hope but at the moment I can't see any