Preseason 2021/22

RoyMac5

It sounds bizarre, but I'm actually really looking forward to this season. Maybe it's blind hope, combined with not seeing a match in the flesh for more than a year, but I think this year has the potential to be really exciting. 

Being forced to rely on young players will mean inconsistency, but I love watching them develop as the season goes on. I also don't think some of this squad are as bad as last season made them out to be. 

Plus, this season of all seasons we'll need the fans more than ever to get behind the team. If we can foster an 'us against the world' mentality, and lets be honest, it might as well be us against the world, then I think we can do better than many predict.

Saying that though, as it stands I still expect us to be relegated ?

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

It sounds bizarre, but I'm actually really looking forward to this season. Maybe it's blind hope, combined with not seeing a match in the flesh for more than a year, but I think this year has the potential to be really exciting. 

Being forced to rely on young players will mean inconsistency, but I love watching them develop as the season goes on. I also don't think some of this squad are as bad as last season made them out to be. 

Plus, this season of all seasons we'll need the fans more than ever to get behind the team. If we can foster an 'us against the world' mentality, and lets be honest, it might as well be us against the world, then I think we can do better than many predict.

Saying that though, as it stands I still expect us to be relegated ?

tenor.gif?itemid=3553927

12 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Hopefully. But out of contract players usually go back to the club for the start of pre season before they agree a deal elsewhere. So at this point it doesn't mean much. 

One scenario is: Curtis stays, plays as captain and inspires a team that has its back against the wall. Would love to see that - we so lacked leadership on the pitch last season.  Concerns about his fitness make a championship move unlikely and he’d rather play with us than in div 1 surely and we’ll pay him more. Still remember his heroics last day of the season. Hope he’s  worked hard over the break