Scott Malone

Jubbs

7 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Too much of a footballer for us, Millwall are a much better footballing side than us these days.

And thats all down, to a type of manager we should get in, oh wait a minute we did, then Mel told him he had to play the young lads as that was the Derby way, so he left lol. 

If only pedigree did football.

Edited by Derby blood

16 hours ago, Derby blood said:

And thats all down, to a type of manager we should get in, oh wait a minute we did, then Mel told him he had to play the young lads as that was the Derby way, so he left lol. 

So nothing to do with him (rowett) fluttering his eyelashes at a supposedly premier league quality team for more money? 

If anything, should be congratulating Mel on learning from the McClaren experience and not firing Gaz, thus leading to us getting a few quid.... 

17 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I'm not sure there's any proof whatsoever that happened...

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Always thought Malone was decent. Not sure what some fans had against him. He'd certainly have been useful this season.

He was 'OK', a good attacking option but brainless defensively, never got close to his man to stop crosses, was an irritating twit as a person and it genuinely made me feel uncomfortable watching him run.

53 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He was 'OK', a good attacking option but brainless defensively, never got close to his man to stop crosses, was an irritating twit as a person and it genuinely made me feel uncomfortable watching him run.

In fairness to Malone that's a problem with almost every left back we've had recently. I see what you mean about the running thing and he did look like a guy that shows up uninvited to a house party, tries to sell everyone some weed then starts a fight.

On 25/05/2021 at 23:10, Derby blood said:

Never happened ?‍♂️

Getting sent off in the last minute against Leeds was a key factor in losing the playoff final. Ashley Cole didn't step across the halfway line all game at Wembley. Both bookings were dumb. I don't like stupid footballers, in the same way Jay McEveley was another stupid left back bereft of a footballing brain. Malone was OK, occasionally brilliant, but we're well-stocked at left back so it made sense to get him off the wage bill and develop Buchanan.