Scott Malone

Jubbs

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I fully expect marriott to be punted out on loan again and then released. 

Doesn't that mean Frank's signings between them will have brought in much needed income of, er,....... Let's see....ah.....0... ?

**cough** Duane Holmes and George Evans **cough**

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I remember getting lambasted when I suggested we play him there.

Well you were right buddy. He always seemed more comfortable attacking than defending as I recall, so not such a crazy idea, as is now proven. Seems Rowett might be a better manage than was widely supposed.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Certainly done well since leaving us but playing more on left side of MF apparently.

Anyway, best of luck Scotty lad, though not against us obvs! 

I think it's more of a wing-back role, but one where his starting position is quite high up the pitch. I think that role suits him more. I don't think there were many questions of his attacking capability when he was here, and he did fairly well with the attack-heavy play of Lampard, but his defensive play under Cocu wasn't great.

5 minutes ago, JfR said:

I think it's more of a wing-back role, but one where his starting position is quite high up the pitch. I think that role suits him more. I don't think there were many questions of his attacking capability when he was here, and he did fairly well with the attack-heavy play of Lampard, but his defensive play under Cocu wasn't great.

Yep, just posted similar thoughts myself buddy. I think in fairness he was a better player than he got credit for in most regards, to be honest.

40 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well you were right buddy. He always seemed more comfortable attacking than defending as I recall, so not such a crazy idea, as is now proven. Seems Rowett might be a better manage than was widely supposed.

To be fair Rowett got the best out of quite a few players. Vydra was completely useless before Rowett came in, and look how he did under him. Rowett's biggest problem was his style of play. It's actually a style that I like when tweaked slightly, just not so defensive from the outset. I know @DarkFruitsRam7 would agree with me.

51 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You nearly had me there.

As bad as the football has been this season, I don't want to think about Rowett-ball ?‍♂️

35 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You nearly had me there.

As bad as the football has been this season, I don't want to think about Rowett-ball ?‍♂️

Yep. 70 goals and a place in the play-offs could never compare to dizzy heights of this season  ?‍♂️

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

26 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yep. 70 goals and a place in the play-offs could never compare to dizzy heights of this season  ?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The way he set us up in that second leg at Fulham was criminal and he should have had his coaching badges revoked as punishment and charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Unforgivable.

One shot on target across the two legs. Sheesh. Even under Rooney....

Well anyway. Let's progress. Please.

24 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The way he set us up in that second leg at Fulham was criminal and he should have had his coaching badges revoked as punishment and charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Unforgivable.

Rowett in that semi, Frank in the final......... Both of them made a decision on how to play those games, hindsight tells us they were wrong. A bit of luck for either of them on the day we would be saying it was a master plan. Mac I did it his way and the same thing happened. Wee Billy on the other hand got away with it.

22 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Rowett in that semi, Frank in the final......... Both of them made a decision on how to play those games, hindsight tells us they were wrong. A bit of luck for either of them on the day we would be saying it was a master plan. Mac I did it his way and the same thing happened. Wee Billy on the other hand got away with it.

I dunno and clearly some don't agree but all three deserve some sort of kudos for getting us there in the first place, despite the lack of ambition shown once there and all 3 are streets ahead of the current mob IMO. How Rooney's efforts to date rate higher is beyond my realm of understanding.

Anyway, spent that whole season getting ranted at for backing Rowett, despite his football often not being easy on the eye, so will leave it there I think as I sense another bout on the way.