when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can someone explain how Marriott's renewal got rejected by the EFL in Dec due to an embargo around registration of players yet the following month we signed/registered 5 loan players then in Feb CKR extended his contract?

No idea but it does go into the mysterious world of the EFL and Derby county 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

New
New   New   New   New
Bielik
New      New
New   New   New

I like it

That was a busy summer for Mrs New , Popping out 10 kids , all of them made it to the professional game , impressive!

8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

yep, take off 9 points and we're down. 

So, using that table, you’d sack him if we had a points deduction because we’d be relegated. Would you sack him though if we didn’t and managed to finish 17th? A points deduction doesn’t make him a worse manager.

I’m not convinced about Rooney but, my point is, to sack or not based on a potential points deduction sounds a bit odd.

52 minutes ago, Carnero said:

No embargo was mentioned by club. The rejection of the registration could be down to any number of administrative issues.

Simon Stone (BBC Football Reporter) has said on twitter it was due to a registration embargo

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bizarre that Marriott's extension was withdrawn by the EFL. Would love to hear more on that one.

Massively surprised with the U23s. I felt Foster had a serious chance of being our first choice keeper in a couple of years, and Shonibare could have been a useful squad option for the first team. I also expected Idem to stay on to compete with Foster as the 3rd choice GK.
Also surprised we've left it so late to tie Festy and Archie to new deals.

Brutal. I feel it's the very minimum that could have been expected, and I thought Shonibare would defo stay on. It's so tricky for keepers because we need some for every team but there's only one place in the main starting lineup and one on the bench. I'm surprised we're discussing a contract with Ravas. Personally I would not offer new contracts to any of the out-of-contract players. A shame when I think Marriott has incredible ability, but there's something wrong. 

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

In and amongst all the chatter about prospective first team performance perhaps we ought to spare a thought for those under 23s that aren't having their contracts renewed.  Whenever I've watched them play a feature of the 23s has been their commitment to themselves, the club and their teammates. It's a tough world the football game and being very publicly told that 'you're not good enough' at the age of 20 odd must be very hard, especially at a time when hundreds of others are being told the same thing, when all you've dreamt of being is a footballer. This retained list is the public affirmation of something they've probably known for a while.  I guess it can't be easy for Darren Wassall (particularly given the decision about Ethan) and his team either.

It also adds to the feeling that having an artificial age limit makes it even more ruthless.  Why 23?  Some may not develop as people and footballers until they're 25.  At least with the old reserve team football you could allow someone to 'make it' that little bit later

Very true, and you feel for them all for having come so far. But as we've seen, some will still have a future in the game.  We've picked up players from other clubs and some of these will move in. I do feel for the Wassall household as that must have been a tough discussion. 

But I disagree about 23 being a weird cutoff. That seems late to me nowadays. If you've not made it sufficiently by then it must be very rare to make it by 25.

At least some decisions are being made. We need the EFL appeal resolved very quickly and, following on from that, the ownership. Otherwise we are in trouble. I was going to put a bet on us for relegation a few days ago but the odds aren't published yet. But unless things turnaround, that has to be likely.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

P&S would be another reason

That’s what I said a few pages back. My understanding (correct me if I’m wrong) is that our system of amortisation gave us the option of extending a contract and then reevaluating the losses for that season based on the new remaining contract time. As the EFL were appealing that whole thing at that time, maybe they felt the extension of that contract at that time was suspect. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I understand that but you can’t blame Rooney for the points deduction or use that towards the appraisal of his performance.

You can't separate the Rooney & the points deduction though, they will both be happening together next season. 

You have to be realistic, we will most likely be starting next season on -6 or -9 points. If you take this plus Rooney's terrible win % per game, then we would be in serious trouble.