So what does our next kit look like?

Cisse

6 hours ago, SparxTheRam said:

I wonder if this hints towards a new blue away strip at Waggys lad signing for the academy? I don't remember seeing any dcfc lower teams playing in these colours last season? 

Screenshot_2021-05-15-09-31-44-40.jpg

Please let be blue

On 14/05/2021 at 15:12, DCFClks said:

I'm not sure but I think this specific kit was only worn in one game in 1886. I think they originally changed to black and white colours  because the old clashed with Notts County's. 

Not that I dislike the Black & White but sometimes I do wish we'd kept a bit more colour.

We played in all sorts of coulors up to the merger with the Derby Midland FC in 1891. Which was the catalyst for the black and white. We also inherited a few decent players from them including a certain Steve Bloomer. The merger was essentially a Derby County takeover as the Midland were going bust, but to appease the members of the new board of directors who were from the Midland, we agreed to play in the Midland's black and white, but stopped short of playing in their stripes. For years after the reserves played in the Midlands narrow black and white stripes with white shorts (Juve style) as a nod to the Midland and the 1st team has been in what we we've played in ever since, bar a couple of stripy seasons in 1919-20 and Cloughy's navy shorts. 

Edited by winktheram

42 minutes ago, winktheram said:

(Juve style)

Brave to mention that club in these parts.

Of course, you meant to say Notts County anyway. The 'acceptable' club from that city down the road gifted the Turin based cheats their first kit. Hence the Magpies were their special guests at their centenary celebrations game.

The 'unacceptable' team from our neighbouring city lent their shirts to the fledgling Woolwich Arsenal. 'nuff sed.

Edit: oh I see you say white shorts which is more Juve than Notts. Apologies.

Edited by IslandExile