Jump to content

This is what is happening behind the scenes at Derby County, including the EFL appeal...


This is what is happening behind the scenes at Derby County, including the EFL appeal...  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Already said I am not prepared to disclose finer details and you know why. Least of all it would put this forum in serious jeopardy and I am not prepared to put David in that position. A bit of respect on that would be appreciated rather than keep on going on about it.

So, to be clear, you want Mel to be clear and transparent with you but you don't feel you can do the same with this forum? 

That implies that either you feel you have a privileged right to be told stuff by Mel that you are not then able to share with others or you are simply too dense to see the irony of your position. Either way your credibility, not just as a spokesperson for the club but also as a poster on this forum, is shot below the waterline - though the tone of your exchanges had already kind of done that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Peter Marples you say? 3AAA Peter Marples? Okay. I have actually read his FB page, I now know that he likes a carvery, enlightening stuff.Seriously, you may not like the results of this jocular poll and you may think it doesn't reflect what your seeing on your FB page but in reality, that's what most football fans think. You may think they're wrong and that's your perogative, as it is theirs but banging your fists on the table within a football forum isn't going to change anything.

Correct it is my opinion. Right or wrong as well.

Not quite banging my fists on the table but when it comes to the security of this football club, that we all care about and clearly have the time to post on a forum, then I will do all I can to get some transparency and hold certain people accountable for their actions.

Ultimately I want my football club to survive so I can have memories of what it all brings. Clearly others are just happy to see what happens, I do not agree with that stance but would love to know at what point they feel they should be getting involved as answers for all of this mess are needed. Maybe when the club is in admin or about to go bust because the plug has been pulled and no buyer can be found? Wonder what Bury fans think about that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

So, to be clear, you want Mel to be clear and transparent with you but you don't feel you can do the same with this forum? 

That implies that either you feel you have a privileged right to be told stuff by Mel that you are not then able to share with others or you are simply too dense to see the irony of your position. Either way your credibility, not just as a spokesperson for the club but also as a poster on this forum, is shot below the waterline - though the tone of your exchanges had already kind of done that.

Let's turn this around. Do you want Mel to be clear and transparent with you? Is this your football club or not? 

I have not for one moment implied that I feel privileged for Mel to tell me stuff. I am saying he needs to be speaking to us all. What bit of that are you getting confused with?

Thanks for the personal dig. Although like most things wrong again, I am not a spokesperson for the club, just a stakeholder in the club like you who is very concerned and would just love reassurance from our owner or CEO. You know, that CEO that is paid very well and has a responsibility to be informing fans and his staff.

And with all due respect, since you only joined back in 2018, I have posted many many times on this forum on various subjects to get a wider message out, some of which are way before when you joined. I do not care or need you to question my credibility as clearly you haven't been around to see these posts. Those that know, know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

presumably Mel is not bankrupt?

presumably it is only a matter of being tired of throwing money at a failing project?

presumably he could continue throwing money at it even if that is at a lower level and results in a lower end club?

presumably he still cares about the club?

If so, why would we enter administration?  He would be better off stabilising the club and patiently wait for the right buyer.  I daresay we are on a chain around his neck but really is he so far out of love with us?  The other issue is the potential of a points penalty next season and an embargo that isn't lifted before the end of the transfer window (some posters may get a chance for a game).  I think we need to be a championship club to be attractive enough to sell

I tentatively ask another question and it is very difficult so the best way I can frame it is;

how is his health?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Clearly others are just happy to see what happens

That is such a totally false assumption.

Those of us that you see as not being "proactive" simply feel powerless. We do not know what we can do to effect change.

As I said previously, writing to Mel or anyone else at the club - either individually or collectively - will no doubt result in the stock response of referring to the statement the club put out last Sunday.

You really are now coming across as supremely arrogant, that you are the only one who cares and that the rest of us only have a superficial interest and maybe watch a bit of footy on the TV every now and then.

Edited by IslandExile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to be happy clappy but shouldnt Derby fans be sticking together now around potentially saving the club we all love from the threats we face rather than arguing among ourselves? If the worst happens to our club (and I really hope it doesnt and that there is a lot of hype) might quick unified action from the fans be needed? Wouldnt our energies be better spent thinking around how that may happen and be ready rather than bickering on who knows what and who is the best fan? What is the credible fans group that could be this focal point as needed and are they doing anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That is such a totally false assumption.

Those of us that you see as not being "proactive" simply feel powerless. We do not know what we can do to effect change.

As I said previously, writing to Mel or anyone else the club - either individually or collectively - will no doubt result in the stock response of referring to the statement the club put out last Sunday.

You really are now coming across as supremely arrogant, that you are the only one who cares and that the rest of us only have a superficial interest and maybe watching a bit of footy in the TV every now and then.

Maybe it is or maybe its not. The poll leader is I have no idea and just want to support my football club. Perhaps a fair reflection would have been an option to say "I want the club to come out and tell us what is happening" - appreciate you setup the poll as a joke though but in all of this, it seems to be a case against me as opposed to actually what I think should happen.

As I said previously, the DCFCFANS forum has a seat at the table. Put out a statement like Punjabi Rams have or how you feel. Of course it will result in that, which is the point at which you then think to yourselves we are being ignored, what can we do about this? 

Sorry but the focus is shifting onto me here, again. Arrogant? Interesting! Again I see you have only joined back in 2018, alot has been on this forum in the 8 years that I first started posting. As I said previously, anything I felt I needed to post I have done. This has been such things as North Stand Block A, the South Stand move, Safe Standing amongst many other topics.

If you feel I am coming across as the only one that cares, you are far from the truth. I am not like that. I just want action and I want our owner and ceo to tell us what the hell is going on. If you dont feel that then fine but I am going to keep pushing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry to be happy clappy but shouldnt Derby fans be sticking together now around potentially saving the club we all love from the threats we face rather than arguing among ourselves? If the worst happens to our club (and I really hope it doesnt and that there is a lot of hype) might quick unified action from the fans be needed? Wouldnt our energies be better spent thinking around how that may happen and be ready rather than bickering on who knows what and who is the best fan? What is the credible fans group that could be this focal point as needed and are they doing anything?

Sure but no one, AFAIK, as really suggested what form any action should take.

A strongly worded letter?

Break into Pride Park and start throwing flares - as the ManU lot did over the Glaziers?

Also, following the ManU example, we start wearing the original brown and blue shirts?

I cannot think of anything that we can do that would have any impact, but maybe others might. Suggest someone else starts a thread (or a poll 😉).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry to be happy clappy but shouldnt Derby fans be sticking together now around potentially saving the club we all love from the threats we face rather than arguing among ourselves? If the worst happens to our club (and I really hope it doesnt and that there is a lot of hype) might quick unified action from the fans be needed? Wouldnt our energies be better spent thinking around how that may happen and be ready rather than bickering on who knows what and who is the best fan? What is the credible fans group that could be this focal point as needed and are they doing anything?

Absolutely we should.

A statement from the DCFCFANS forum would be a start, if its members feel that strongly of course.

RamsTrust are normally the group that gets involved with things like this. Hopefully having a catch up with them today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, therams69 said:

Absolutely we should.

A statement from the DCFCFANS forum would be a start, if its members feel that strongly of course.

RamsTrust are normally the group that gets involved with things like this. Hopefully having a catch up with them today.

Then hopefully they would be the official group to unite all the different groups who want the same thing - our Derby back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Maybe it is or maybe its not. The poll leader is I have no idea and just want to support my football club. Perhaps a fair reflection would have been an option to say "I want the club to come out and tell us what is happening" - appreciate you setup the poll as a joke though but in all of this, it seems to be a case against me as opposed to actually what I think should happen.

As I said previously, the DCFCFANS forum has a seat at the table. Put out a statement like Punjabi Rams have or how you feel. Of course it will result in that, which is the point at which you then think to yourselves we are being ignored, what can we do about this? 

Sorry but the focus is shifting onto me here, again. Arrogant? Interesting! Again I see you have only joined back in 2018, alot has been on this forum in the 8 years that I first started posting. As I said previously, anything I felt I needed to post I have done. This has been such things as North Stand Block A, the South Stand move, Safe Standing amongst many other topics.

If you feel I am coming across as the only one that cares, you are far from the truth. I am not like that. I just want action and I want our owner and ceo to tell us what the hell is going on. If you dont feel that then fine but I am going to keep pushing it.

Yes. I should have worded the poll options better.

The first one was intended to mean: "I have no idea, I just want to get back to support-ing my favourite football club.

Please stop making false assumptions on how others are feeling.

Please do carry on campaigning.

As I suggested in my reply to @CBRammette, perhaps you or somebody else should start a thread on what actions we could possibly take......because all I read at the moment is "we must do something ....err but what?" 🤔

Edited by IslandExile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be next season to be fair which would give us ample time to win the points back over a season although it did not help Weds,not sure what you mean transition next season we have been in in one for the last 5 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s where I’m at on writing an open letter to the club as the owner of this forum.

We have thousands of members, all with their own unique views which we provide, in my opinion, one of the best platforms online to air which can be and is seen by the club.

Unlike traditional supporters groups I am not an elected chairman/spokesman, but simply the owner that created this platform.

My voice holds no more weight than any other fan on this forum.

Fans joined this forum to discuss the club with fellow fans, the forum name dcfcfans does not stand for or against any kind of viewpoint/agenda. It is quite simply a platform to air your views.

Traditional supporters groups, as far as I’m aware do not have online platforms outside of their social media accounts for their members voices to be heard. 

For their collective voices to be heard, open letters such as Punjabi Rams have written would be the best way.

If any members on this forum do feel they want to create an open letter to the club, feel free, this is your platform to be heard. 

All I ask is that it is made clear that the letter is signed on behalf of fans that have given the letter a like and not on behalf of the full community to avoid any kind of disagreements.

As I say, this platform does contain views from both ends of the spectrum and would be impossible to collectively create a letter that is unanimously agreed upon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

presumably Mel is not bankrupt?

presumably it is only a matter of being tired of throwing money at a failing project?

presumably he could continue throwing money at it even if that is at a lower level and results in a lower end club?

presumably he still cares about the club?

If so, why would we enter administration?  He would be better off stabilising the club and patiently wait for the right buyer.  I daresay we are on a chain around his neck but really is he so far out of love with us?  The other issue is the potential of a points penalty next season and an embargo that isn't lifted before the end of the transfer window (some posters may get a chance for a game).  I think we need to be a championship club to be attractive enough to sell

I tentatively ask another question and it is very difficult so the best way I can frame it is;

how is his health?

He’s losing so much money every month... £1mil or more every month apparently for last few years, I guess with being unwell too how much of this can anyone take ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Charlie George said:

There's no smoke without fire and there's certainly more questions than answers.

Even Percy who's been the go to man on the national's was shunned last week.

Those who think everything is rosy in the garden are deluded. 

It's ok though as Melvyn is one of our own.😂😂😂

There is often smoke without fire. It's called media nonsense, or rumour, or plain lies. See Boris for more details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

He’s losing so much money every month... £1mil or more every month apparently for last few years, I guess with being unwell too how much of this can anyone take ?

yes we all know how much he is losing but he signed up for this, he will be tarred as the man who put DCFC into admin and maybe worse.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

yes we all know how much he is losing but he signed up for this, he will be tarred as the man who put DCFC into admin and maybe worse.  

He probably didn’t expect Derby to be in this division, didn’t expect to become unwell and can’t face doing it anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.