End of the season polls

Andicis

End of the season poll  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. ROONEY OUT - I have nothing against Rooney and completely believe that he's put everything into this job to make it successful. I just don't like the way he's gone about things, particularly going all out on 'survival football' to only produce 1 win in the last 15 games, resulting in 12 goals. 9 in 14 matches before the last game. The performances of players have gone backwards, almost unanimously, so with a squad of a lot of young players it has huge detrimental impact both on their short and long-term performances. It's not just Rooney, though, the entire coaching staff looks to be completely out of their depth. 

2. MEL'S FAULT - First, let's just remember that under Mel before this season our lowest placed finish was last year in 10th. I have to believe that's because he was fully invested in the club and although he knew he needed to cut the wage bill and couldn't be as free-spending. He had a plan in place to progress the youth players under a manager who had a very good reputation of doing just that. It was slower than we had all hoped, but after a turbulent summer we eventually found our feet. We did stutter towards the finish line after COVID which obviously carried into this season and Cocu losing his job. However, in the summer, he had already had talks about selling the club and ultimately took his eye off the ball. It resulted in a poor summer in the transfer market where we struggled to bring in a replacement for the outgoing Chris Martin and a poor short-sighted transfer in Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle for next to nothing, possibly to short change Swindon out of some money with a higher proportion levied against Lowe than Bogle. I don't know. I just feel now, with hindsight, the signs were there to try and get by until a new owner took charge as it looked to him any benefit in promotion wouldn't be in his interest. I felt like he made some easy decisions to keep the profile of the club high, with Rooney already being at the club, along with holding back on his financial input as the takeover that was never-to-be cut into January. He simply hasn't had an eye on the long-term of the club. I think we sold Kaide Gordan cheap, along with other academy players in January, because it allowed us to get money in now rather than hold out for a better fee. The one to United was so bad they reportedly loaned us a player as an apology. I guess we will find out in time. In all, it's a catalogue of errors made by a man whose interest had waned. We've seemingly been at threat of some punishment by the Football League for a couple of years now, which ironically will impact us when we have no money to spend and no senior players in the team. I understand Mel is different to me, but I'd like to see if a takeover doesn't happen that he's willing to bring in some players for the long-term health of the club. Not just stick a few loans in with our academy players and think jobs a good'un. 

3. NO TO ALONSO - I mean, I don't know how anyone can say yes? Let's just put in black and white what we know: 1) He has known associations with people who have an extremely poor reputation in the game - including the guy who about destroyed Charlton, Matt Southall. Apparently, he's the guy who tipped him that we were on the market in the first place which is worrying enough. 2) He's from a fairly wealthy family, however we know that it won't be his family's money he's using. We don't know, really, where the money is coming from. He's had a few claims refuted, for example being Bali FC chairman/investor and an agent to certain players, plus he doesn't seem to have any outstanding businesses. He's a boxing promoter working predominantly in Indonesia. Eddie Hearn is arguably the most successful boxing promoter on the planet, with many of the largest fighters on the planet under his brand, yet he wouldn't be able to raise the capital it would cost to buy Derby County. 3) he's not even the owner of the club, yet he's already everywhere talking absolute waffle and just being a twit on Twitter. It's quite frankly astonishing he's even being considered. I don't think there is enough material on the planet to make a red flag so big to highlight just how much of a concern this guy is. He's the Spanish Alan Hardy.