Jump to content

End of the season poll  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Said it on another thread, but if the people in charge have full faith in Rooney then I am comfortable with him staying, make some sensible transfers and give him some time to implement a style. However, I don’t see how anyone can truly have full faith in him to take us forward so if we are going to end up sacking him in 10 games time after a rough start then we may as well do it now and let someone build their own squad, so I’m Rooney out.

Despite the above, off field problems are causing many of the on field problems so I see Mel as primarily responsible for that.

Too many red flags with Alonso. Might be fine, might not be. I want us to be sensible though and my worry is more of the same celebrity chasing that is causing problems. Sensible owner, sensible manager and some sensible signings please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Now, I just tried to vote in the category I know my opinion on, but it won't let me do that unless I vote in the other two polls as well, even though I don't know yet about one of those, and don't think my option will ever be available on the other one.

So, I have just voted against the majority for the hell of it! 

 

Edited by angieram
Stray apostrophe!
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I must have missed the question about whether you want Mel to leave.

Mel wants to sell and you know this. 

I don’t want Mel to leave but if he wants too their has to be alternatives. 

Alonso is an option but how feasible that is we will find out. 

If Rooney goes someone would have to appoint a new manager and who would that be at present. 

I want Rooney to stay but if he doesn’t get assurances he may opt to leave.  

Its ok disliking everyone and everything about DCFC but where will that get us.  

I love this club and want the best for it. 

You cant just create polls like this without dealing with the consequences of total negativity towards everyone.

The club won’t finance or run itself

Right now we should be happy whe avoided relegation and wait for the club to give us a way forward. 

You cant please everybody all the time in life 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mel wants to sell and you know this. 

I don’t want Mel to leave but if he wants too their has to be alternatives. 

Alonso is an option but how feasible that is we will find out. 

If Rooney goes someone would have to appoint a new manager and who would that be at present. 

I want Rooney to stay but if he doesn’t get assurances he may opt to leave.  

Its ok disliking everyone and everything about DCFC but where will that get us.  

I love this club and want the best for it. 

You cant just create polls like this without dealing with the consequences of total negativity towards everyone.

The club won’t finance or run itself

Right now we should be happy whe avoided relegation and wait for the club to give us a way forward. 

You cant please everybody all the time in life 

Did you want Cocu to stay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes I did but I think Rooney has done a better job .

Thats just an opinion 

Did you want Cocu to stay !

I liked Cocu and thought he did well in his first season, in the end I just about accepted he had to go after the poor start to this season.  Having said that, in hindsight I am not sure he would have done any worse than Wazza. How do you think Wazza has done a better job? I am sure you realise the stats show the opposite 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I liked Cocu and thought he did well in his first season, in the end I just about accepted he had to go after the poor start to this season.  Having said that, in hindsight I am not sure he would have done any worse than Wazza. How do you think Wazza has done a better job? I am sure you realise the stats show the opposite 👍

He kept us up which was his remit .

No idea whether Cocu would of kept us up but  I believe changing managers all the time is counter productive but the fans wanted Cocu gone .

If they now want Rooney gone who would be next and next .

The whole point though is we don’t know until the club tell us what the way forward is but I tell you one thing the options are better in the Championship .

Who  is going to own the club if Alonso falls through ! 

I am off until tomorrow now cheers 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

1) Rooney Out - 1 win in 15 matches should be enough to see that back of any manager, and I suspect if his name wasn't Wayne Rooney (and cost an absolute fortune to sack) he would have already gone. However, I strongly suspect that the club will stick by him and give him next season at this point, as I cannot see Mel Morris falling on his sword/getting his wallet out.

2) I voted Mel, but the reality is that all three are responsible for the failings this season. Mel I think the most so, because he is ultimately responsible for the operations at this football club, and was the one that decided to appoint Rooney after all.

3) I can tell you right now that Erik Alonso will not be taking over at this football club. 100%

 

image.gif.668ad96d3689914e4987a7830048ea36.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's interesting is that Wayne is more popular having got 1 point in the last 6 games than he was before that sequence! 

I suspect its just fans resigned to the fact he's staying and /or the reality that the ownership issue needs sorting more urgently and we need some kind of stability. 

I wonder what the poll (I know..) would say if it offered a choice between Wayne being in charge tomorrow or Mac or Wilder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

What's interesting is that Wayne is more popular having got 1 point in the last 6 games than he was before that sequence! 

I suspect its just fans resigned to the fact he's staying and /or the reality that the ownership issue needs sorting more urgently and we need some kind of stability. 

I wonder what the poll (I know..) would say if it offered a choice between Wayne being in charge tomorrow or Mac or Wilder. 

You're only as good as your last result. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooney kept us up. The wage bill was greatly trimmed. Lots of surplus players moved out. We survived having no fans at games. We survived the car fiasco. Waghorn became a hero. We have a potential buyer. Why criticize Mel, a genuine fan who spent a mega amount of his own money trying to get his home town team promoted. Next season should be easier. COYR

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Yes I did but I think Rooney has done a better job .

Thats just an opinion 

Did you want Cocu to stay !

Losing Bielik changed everything. Not Wayne's fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Out -  I just don't see how his position is remotely tenable and I think if his name was John Smith this wouldn't even be a discussion. Given the level of the squad (which I perceive is around midtable in quality), the players coming back from fitness and the amount of time available I'd have expected any semi-competent manager to have guided us out of trouble and already be well on their way to outlining their style and developing some of the younger players. I've seen very little to suggest that our survival was anything more than briefly having Bielik fit, getting CKR fit, getting Rooney (who was an increasing liability) out of the team and happenstance (what with Rotherham's fixture pile up and Wednesday's points deduction). There's just hasn't been a deal there that to me would suggest that it would be correct to continue on with Rooney and I think we would be much better off starting the new season with a completely clean slate.

2) Coaching Staff - This feels somewhat a trick question because you can easily make a case for any of the three questions and it's very clearly a combination of all of the above. Personally I think the two strongest cases you can make are with an underperforming squad the buck stops with the coaching staff or with an underperforming coaching staff the buck stops with the management of the club as a whole. I went Coaching Staff but I don't think there is a huge amount between any option.

3) No - There is a lot about Alonso that seems dubious. There is big question marks over money but then there are some other rumbling questions like his general attitude and what happened at Wednesday. The entire thing just screams of red flags to me and I think I will be relieved if it just quietly goes away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.