End of the season polls

Andicis

End of the season poll  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I sorta agree with the first bit, but some simplicity doesn't go amiss at times. 

Don't agree with the bottom bit. It's a quick sample of the over riding emotions of the larger fanbase. There is a Rooney In thread, several Rooney Out threads, and a myriad of related threads which are probably contributed to by a few dozen repeat posters over several weeks as things change. In a couple of hours you can get the feelings of 100-200 posters in the moment, I see nothing wrong or underhand in that. 

I agree, and I have nothing against polls but adding a "not sure" option would be just as easy to include and imo will get more people voting instead of those who are biased to one opinion.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

I agree, and I have nothing against polls but adding a "not sure" option would be just as easy to include and imo will get more people voting instead of those who are biased to one opinion.

Imagine if you’re the decision maker. There’s only stick or twist. Not sure = stick. So by default, you’re Rooney in. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Imagine if you’re the decision maker. There’s only stick or twist. Not sure = stick. So by default, you’re Rooney in. 

So at the moment Rooney and Mel at fault and Alonso not doing well. 

What does this say then 

What’s the clubs options then with that option.

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

a simple yes or no isn't a way to find out how folks are feeling, only those who are leaning one way or the other will vote. I never said I didn't like polls and if you see, I have voted.

What my issue is, is that i can ONLY vote on what you have put. You wanted a true feeling of how forum members feel but only if they believe one way or another.

For instance, i'm not sure on Rooney as I feel he needs backing but this season has been poor but I only get a in or out vote so i voted in.

On Alonso i'm also not sure but again yes or no.

A not sure poll option would give a better understanding on how we feel.

And a poll made by someone who has Rooney out on his Avatar doesn't fill me with confidence that you want a true feeling of the forum.

You're limited by how you can do a poll. Of course you can only vote on the options the creator of the poll put, as you've pointed out there are discussion threads to talk about other things should you so wish. If you don't think the polls are helpful, as I said before - ignore it. You don't have to click on a thread with poll in the title. You can just simply not.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

a simple yes or no isn't a way to find out how folks are feeling, only those who are leaning one way or the other will vote. I never said I didn't like polls and if you see, I have voted.

What my issue is, is that i can ONLY vote on what you have put. You wanted a true feeling of how forum members feel but only if they believe one way or another.

For instance, i'm not sure on Rooney as I feel he needs backing but this season has been poor but I only get a in or out vote so i voted in.

On Alonso i'm also not sure but again yes or no.

A not sure poll option would give a better understanding on how we feel.

And a poll made by someone who has Rooney out on his Avatar doesn't fill me with confidence that you want a true feeling of the forum.

The nuanced/qualified or uncertain option is to post that view in the comments. Like others have said, if you start having too many options then the poll gets watered down. Also seen plenty of criticism of multiple choice options in previous polls.

The underlying beliefs of the OP are also irrelevant as to the poll. He's given the counter views as options & people are free to choose that, nothing underhand there. I'm obviously Rooney out but I'm genuinely interested to see how people in general feel & how much support Rooney has....it may also start to set the tone in future debates if the results are quite different from the noise created by the same group of posters arguing the same thing back & forth

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate we can’t even have one day happy ? 

Anyway I’m happy today and nothing is going to change that. 

We avoided relegation and I’m waiting to see what DCFC comes up with. 

We certainly can Curtains. I'm looking forward to the Euros and summer and wearing my Derby shirt with pride (just got to buy a new one, lol!).

Going on holiday and having locals saying to me: 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County?' and giving a thumbs up sign. ☺️??❤️

#COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You're limited by how you can do a poll. Of course you can only vote on the options the creator of the poll put, as you've pointed out there are discussion threads to talk about other things should you so wish. If you don't think the polls are helpful, as I said before - ignore it. You don't have to click on a thread with poll in the title. You can just simply not.

I like polls, as I've said and I enjoy taking part in them, but I have seen polls before with a not sure option so it is poss to have them included.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

I like polls, as I've said and I enjoy taking part in them, but I have seen polls before with a not sure option so it is poss to have them included.

it is, I just don't think ''not sure'' is a good answer on a poll. If you're not sure, then don't vote. That's down to preference. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We certainly can Curtains. I'm looking forward to the Euros and summer and wearing my Derby shirt with pride (just got to buy a new one, lol!).

Going on holiday and having locals saying to me: 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County?' and giving a thumbs up sign. ☺️??❤️

#COYR

Brilliant mate 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

You've managed to manipulate 67% of the population to vote the way you wanted. You evil genius you.

And the  answer is according to early results 

Rooney. Mel and Alonso all leave. 

Hang on Alonso hasn’t arrived yet 

Who takes over Santa Clause  

Edited by Curtains

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Think you've just proved my point mate and I'll leave it there. 

How is it anyone can be voting on ''not sure'', it isn't like once you pick a side you're forced to stick by it forever more and people will use it as a stick to beat you. It's an anonymous poll on dcfcfans about Derby County. Pick the option you think is best and if you change your mind a day later, guess what, nothing happens. It isn't that deep. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

And the  answer is according to early results 

Rooney. Mel and Alonso all leave. 

Hang on Alonso hasn’t arrived yet 

Who takes over Santa Clause  

I must have missed the question about whether you want Mel to leave.