A message from the top

Rammy03

Have to say, that's pretty damn bad PR. Seems like majority are happy that there was at least some sort of message, but I do understand people's annoyance with the lack of real information.

It's good to tell the obvious and the message includes it: we weren't good enough. But did the message really touch the worries of supporters??? There's nothing, absolutely nothing in it. 

Yes, it's good to hear something from the club, but that ain't worth a much IMO. Not really worth a statement as they could've kept the silence before they have something to say as well.

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Have to say, that's pretty damn bad PR. Seems like majority are happy that there was at least some sort of message, but I do understand people's annoyance with the lack of real information.

It's good to tell the obvious and the message includes it: we weren't good enough. But did the message really touch the worries of supporters??? There's nothing, absolutely nothing in it. 

Yes, it's good to hear something from the club, but that ain't worth a much IMO. Not really worth a statement as they could've kept the silence before they have something to say as well.

I completely disagree and think it was damn good piece of PR. Even you agree it satisfied the majority.

Sadly, there will always be some that want it all and want it now whilst most of us, I believe, accept it for what it was - an appropriately worded holding message to the fans issued less than 24 hours after the final game.

I suspect anyone working in PR will know you can’t please everyone all of the time.

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I completely disagree and think it was damn good piece of PR. Even you agree it satisfied the majority.

Sadly, there will always be some that want it all and want it now whilst most of us, I believe, accept it for what it was - an appropriately worded holding message to the fans issued less than 24 hours after the final game.

I suspect anyone working in PR will know you can’t please everyone all of the time.

Oh yes, bad wording from me. Surprised to see such a poor PR to work so well is what I really meant ?

I guess that makes it good enough PR then, as the aim is most likely achieved.

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Apologies for being blunt but I think your conclusion is some way off. Look at it from the point of view of a purchaser: Buy now, not knowing whether covid will continue to ravage the revenues, not knowing what the EFL will do to us, and seeing that ffp seriously limits our ability to invest in the squad. Or wait to see what (other) clubs come on the market in the coming months and take your pick in a fire sale. We know MM is a more than willing seller. Seems unlikely it’s the terms he is driving that are the problem. It’s just a terrible time to be selling a club - and particularly this one  

The thing which makes me doubt that is that Mel has been very open to investment and/or selling now for 2 or 3 years. Which is before most of this all started. 

On 09/05/2021 at 10:27, Tamworthram said:

You know, I was going to say, “a classy statement - accepting this year hasn’t been acceptable, recognising the fans and offering an apology” and wondering how long it would take for someone to post a negative view. It seems to have taken you less than a minute.

I'll tell you what would have been classy, to have kept season tickets holders informed of what had happened to their money (and btw, I'm not one) all season.

Even occasional updates saying 'we have no news but we wanted to keep you in the loop' would have been respectful and classy.

It's easy to bang out a statement like that, and kind of necessary, I'm just not sure what makes it classy.

Not that I'm saying it was classless, jut that the bar to classy seems to have been stamped into the dirt.

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'll tell you what would have been classy, to have kept season tickets holders informed of what had happened to their money (and btw, I'm not one) all season.

Even occasional updates saying 'we have no news but we wanted to keep you in the loop' would have been respectful and classy.

It's easy to bang out a statement like that, and kind of necessary, I'm just not sure what makes it classy.

Not that I'm saying it was classless, jut that the bar to classy seems to have been stamped into the dirt.

That post would have been more classy if you had being wearing your early 90s black Naf Naf jacket whilst typing it.