A message from the top

Rammy03

38 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You know, I was going to say, “a classy statement - accepting this year hasn’t been acceptable, recognising the fans and offering an apology” and wondering how long it would take for someone to post a negative view. It seems to have taken you less than a minute.

It’s not a negative view at all, I think it’s positive that they’ve come out and started the process of moving forwards. I’m just waiting to see something materialise before I make any proper judgment.

1 hour ago, EdinRam said:

Got to say I agree, the club is in dire straits and an apology isn't good enough. Mel has ruined our club but with the best intentions. I will happily drive mel and Rooney to wherever they want to go.

Any chance you could go for a practice drive? - absolutely no reason for you to rush back….

Watched the extra time thing on Facebook yesterday and thought Colin Gs interviews and the general views from barks and Johnson were pretty critical towards the top of the club.. Wasn't too much sugar coating. 

At the final whistle Stephen Pearce looked a very very relieved man. 

The board probably felt they needed to say something

I imagine there was as bigger sigh of relief in the boardroom as there was from the fans at the final whistle!

I think Mel is genuine, he’s just made some big and costly mistakes that have cost him and the club dearly......(especially this season).

This should be a busy summer, lots of things need changing/putting right starting with the ownership. So hopefully this is the start of improved communication as the required changes are made.

Otherwise the rumour mill will start churning out rubbish in the void

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I imagine there was as bigger sigh of relief in the boardroom as there was from the fans at the final whistle!

I think Mel is genuine, he’s just made some big and costly mistakes that have cost him and the club dearly......(especially this season).

This should be a busy summer, lots of things need changing/putting right starting with the ownership. So hopefully this is the start of improved communication as the required changes are made.

The one thing I don’t understand with Mel now, and I’ve always been a Mel apologist believing he has made honest mistakes in pursuit of what’s best for the club as an owner and fan... why are we messing around with fake Sheikhs and Spanish Del Boys? There’s a ridiculous amount of red flags with both of these, so how could he consider this as a supporter of the club and claiming he would sell for a quid if it was what was best for the club?

Can blame the pandemic or whatever, but he’s been open about investment or sale for multiple years now. So, my conclusion which could be way way off admittedly, is that he must be demanding too much money for the club given the debt to attract anyone that isn’t completely dodgy. 

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Again! 

The 'subject of ownership' may be a renewed scrabble to find a credible, genuine prospective owner! 

FFS, let's get it done - or we will have another stalled, unproductive close-season - we've had too many of them!

Edited by Woodypecker

I’ve no problem with it, as others have said it needs to be followed up now. I say it every year but I would love us to do some early business in the transfer market as this summer will be hugely important recruitment wise. The squad needs overhauling. I don’t want us still to be adding to the squad in late August. 

The takeover needs sorting one way or another. The uncertainty isn’t helping anyone and will hinder any incomings. 

Refunds and what is happening next season needs addressing ASAP. We can now do that knowing where we are next season. I know many have but I haven’t had anything back from the 19/20 season ticket, paid in full for the 20/21 ticket and still heard nothing. Very poor. 

Anyway onwards and upwards. I will support the club through thick and thin as many of us will. We do deserve better and hopefully the statement is a small step towards putting that right. 

10 hours ago, Srg said:

So, my conclusion which could be way way off admittedly, is that he must be demanding too much money for the club given the debt to attract anyone that isn’t completely dodgy. 

Apologies for being blunt but I think your conclusion is some way off. Look at it from the point of view of a purchaser: Buy now, not knowing whether covid will continue to ravage the revenues, not knowing what the EFL will do to us, and seeing that ffp seriously limits our ability to invest in the squad. Or wait to see what (other) clubs come on the market in the coming months and take your pick in a fire sale. We know MM is a more than willing seller. Seems unlikely it’s the terms he is driving that are the problem. It’s just a terrible time to be selling a club - and particularly this one