Day after night before...priorities?

Chester40

So now its sunk in.. what is everyone's over-riding emotion? 

Still relief for me...to wake up a Championship club, one good season away from the Premier League. 

I don't resent the players milking-it at all, football turns on small margins and we didn't celebrate the QPR final because 'we deserved more and we were unlucky', so celebrate when you can its been a miserable season. 

Really proud of the fans who turned-up and glad it was worth it. 

Second emotion is that I want to feel positive now. If it is going to be Rooney, let's make the decision now and get behind him. Ideally it wouldn't be him for me, but I can't face months of turmoil. The sale needs sorting and same goes for Alonso, if its him let's get it done and get behind him. The sale/new contracts of players is riding on who owns the club and who manages it so it all needs to fall into place quickly. Don't want to have a season like this again. 

We start the season on a level playing field and I desperately want to feel proud of the team and get into the stadium. Let's make decisions and start to move forward ASAP! 

Headache and sore throat are my main feelings this morning. 

Also relieved that we did what I didn't think we were capable of doing.

Excitement at being back in the ground come August. 

Beyond that what will be will be, yoi never know what to expect with DCFC and anyway there are the Euros to worry about first.

It’s going to be Rooney so let’s put prevaricating and perceived injustice that he doesn’t deserve the job, aside.

There’s enough to get sorted without having to search for a new manager. Especially as we still don’t know who’s going to employ that manager. It just makes sense to at least have one aspect of the club settled.

Rooney will know he’ll have to hit the ground running next season or the fans will be on him quickly but right now, to my mind, sticking with the manager is the pragmatic approach.

Relieved we stayed up.

Horrified it was because of an 89th min Cardiff goal and a pts deduction.

Great to see fans and players pre and post match.

Squad is tiny and not good enough.

Where are the accounts, are we embargoed?

If so, how do we improve the squad? If the accounts are bad, do we get a points deduction?

If there's no money does it mean no new contracts?

I hope Mel can find a responsible new owner.

Terrified of Alonso.

If he can't find an owner by June, what happens to the MSD repayment? Admin? Points deduction? Nervous for DCFC staff.

Will we be back in the stadium? Will we start on -12? Have we just delayed the inevitable?

So yeah, a few questions.

41 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

So now its sunk in.. what is everyone's over-riding emotion? 

Still relief for me...to wake up a Championship club, one good season away from the Premier League. 

I don't resent the players milking-it at all, football turns on small margins and we didn't celebrate the QPR final because 'we deserved more and we were unlucky', so celebrate when you can its been a miserable season. 

Really proud of the fans who turned-up and glad it was worth it. 

Second emotion is that I want to feel positive now. If it is going to be Rooney, let's make the decision now and get behind him. Ideally it wouldn't be him for me, but I can't face months of turmoil. The sale needs sorting and same goes for Alonso, if its him let's get it done and get behind him. The sale/new contracts of players is riding on who owns the club and who manages it so it all needs to fall into place quickly. Don't want to have a season like this again. 

We start the season on a level playing field and I desperately want to feel proud of the team and get into the stadium. Let's make decisions and start to move forward ASAP! 

agree with every word. for me, with the amount of new faces coming in. im praying WR has his list done so were not playing catch up. getting new players in BEFORE preseason starts is a priority for me

Safe but not that safe. We are a shambles on and off the pich. I am hoping that MM has learnt a lesson re. The fake sheikh takeover.and just hope the spanish circus with its deluded clown is nipped in the bud quickly. Then find somebody,not just anybody, who is FIT AND PROPER.

Oh and Get a few playwes in as well that could help

Huge relief. 

I arrived at the ground yesterday at 09:30am. I was the first there. The rain gave it a poignancy as I stood by Cloughie & Taylor and the voice of Brian and what he’d say to the team played in my head (“Look! If you can’t go out today and beat these lot, then you want bloody shoe-tin...)” 10 O’clock came and gradually a few other faces appeared. The rain eased. The stewards manned the barricades. A couple of friendly police said “hello”; “ hello, hello, hello!” I replied and they smiled back to themselves. Suddenly the crowd was apparent and the black flag unfurled. A frenzy of photographs and the air lifted; a few chants rippled up (“since I was young...”) and the sound of a drum (a guy was banging the road sign). The sound of some beer cans being opened (hissss!) and suddenly I realised there was quite a crowd and that little fizz of excitement as I read the banner“Just leave everything on the pitch, that’s all we ask” and suddenly Jake Buxton was in front of us and now it kicked of “Jake Bux-ton is a foot-ball genius” and the eyes watered, and cars hooted as they drove by and the singing continued “we love you Derby, we do” and the players got out of their cars, ashen-faced and looked over as black and white smoke filled the air and more cars hooted and Jay-sun Knight, Knight, Knight, and more cars hooted and I choked on the smoke. Football is nothing without the fans.

A remarkable day. It felt so good to be back amongst real football fans. Passion and that unmistakable chat “ay up, me duck”. 

31972E17-E3E8-4A9A-9877-5AC6BE4CD3AA.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

Still frustrated we were ever in this position. Complete silence on everything from Mel still who has to take a lot of responsibility from this mess, but the zero communication with the fans on all fronts this season has been shocking. 

But still happy we survived of course, need a big refresh. I don’t want Rooney next season but think we’ll end up with him, so I hope he’s backed to build his own squad from whoever is running the club. 

1 hour ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Still frustrated we were ever in this position. Complete silence on everything from Mel still who has to take a lot of responsibility from this mess, but the zero communication with the fans on all fronts this season has been shocking. 

But still happy we survived of course, need a big refresh. I don’t want Rooney next season but think we’ll end up with him, so I hope he’s backed to build his own squad from whoever is running the club. 

I think we’ll see a whole different approach next season. Bielik back, some astute additions and a clear identity. This year Wazza had to pick up the pieces and hold them together. Next season, he can stamp his mark properly. And fans back. Different kettle of fish.

We will not start on a level playing field expect the efl decision to come swiftly this week we will be -6 at least .

Although Uncle Mel was smart and has legally done nothing wrong you cant deny the sale of the stadium to yourself idea is stretching whats allowed to the limit . 

We need to NOT rely on Bielik in midfield as we have another thorne on our hands , we need a backup in that position and for me its not shinnie . 

Hopefully it all kicks of next week and we get the efl decision and the takeover decided . Things do need to happen fast thats for sure as we almost need an entirely new squad . Im not so sure that jason knight is the player we need , i give him leaway as he is young and must be knackered but in the past 10 games he hasnt pulled up any trees for me . All the youngsters we have should be complimenting better older players and gradually coming into the team not being the main spine of the team . For me i would only prob go with buchanan , bielik ,  out of the main squad . 

Would keep sibley, knight ,  and get mengi and roberts back thats it . The rest can go . 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Huge relief. 

I arrived at the ground yesterday at 09:30am. I was the first there. The rain gave it a poignancy as I stood by Cloughie & Taylor and the voice of Brian and what he’d say to the team played in my head (“Look! If you can’t go out today and beat these lot, then you want bloody shoe-tin...)” 10 O’clock came and gradually a few other faces appeared. The rain eased. The stewards manned the barricades. A couple of friendly police said “hello”; “ hello, hello, hello!” I replied and they smiled back to themselves. Suddenly the crowd was apparent and the black flag unfurled. A frenzy of photographs and the air lifted; a few chants rippled up (“since I was young...”) and the sound of a drum (a guy was banging the road sign). The sound of some beer cans being opened (hissss!) and suddenly I realised there was quite a crowd and that little fizz of excitement as I read the banner“Just leave everything on the pitch, that’s all we ask” and suddenly Jake Buxton was in front of us and now it kicked of “Jake Bux-ton is a foot-ball genius” and the eyes watered, and cars hooted as they drove by and the singing continued “we love you Derby, we do” and the players got out of their cars, ashen-faced and looked over as black and white smoke filled the air and more cars hooted and Jay-sun Knight, Knight, Knight, and more cars hooted and I choked on the smoke. Football is nothing without the fans.

A remarkable day. It felt so good to be back amongst real football fans. Passion and that unmistakable chat “ay up, me duck”. 

31972E17-E3E8-4A9A-9877-5AC6BE4CD3AA.jpeg

Big respect to you Ella & the other fans who turned up in the pouring rain at 10am to cheer on the lads. That's proper support that. The pictures & videos on Twitter had me welling up yesterday AM if I'm honest.

Hadn't wanted any celebrations post-match in the week given the circumstances but there was something so brilliant about the players & fans finally coming together to celebrate outside PP. Felt bigger than just celebrating survival, it felt like the end of our exile.

Football is nothing without the fans ?

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Big respect to you Ella & the other fans who turned up in the pouring rain at 10am to cheer on the lads. That's proper support that. The pictures & videos on Twitter had me welling up yesterday AM if I'm honest.

Hadn't wanted any celebrations post-match in the week given the circumstances but there was something so brilliant about the players & fans finally coming together to celebrate outside PP. Felt bigger than just celebrating survival, it felt like the end of our exile.

Football is nothing without the fans ?

Yes indeed. Nothing at all wrong with that celebration and it was about more than just staying up. It’s the end {hopefully} of this year, COVID, empty stadia, and the resumption of normality. It was the release of pent-up emotion and the relief of the pressure of the game.

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

agree with every word. for me, with the amount of new faces coming in. im praying WR has his list done so were not playing catch up. getting new players in BEFORE preseason starts is a priority for me

Rooney has already said in his interview yesterday he's got 'his list'. I expect that all will depend on who at the club is holding the purse strings.

28 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

We will not start on a level playing field expect the efl decision to come swiftly this week we will be -6 at least .

Although Uncle Mel was smart and has legally done nothing wrong you cant deny the sale of the stadium to yourself idea is stretching whats allowed to the limit . 

We need to NOT rely on Bielik in midfield as we have another thorne on our hands , we need a backup in that position and for me its not shinnie . 

Hopefully it all kicks of next week and we get the efl decision and the takeover decided . Things do need to happen fast thats for sure as we almost need an entirely new squad . Im not so sure that jason knight is the player we need , i give him leaway as he is young and must be knackered but in the past 10 games he hasnt pulled up any trees for me . All the youngsters we have should be complimenting better older players and gradually coming into the team not being the main spine of the team . For me i would only prob go with buchanan , bielik ,  out of the main squad . 

Would keep sibley, knight ,  and get mengi and roberts back thats it . The rest can go . 

Very much doubt there will be any points deduction. That’s just Nixon bollux the same  as Matt Lawson spouted the same bollux and was wrong. 

37 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The only reason the Wendies had points deducted was when their sale was accounted for, not the sale itself. 

42 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

No such thing as “stretching” (unless your name is Gibson who has done more than his own fair share of “stretching ) it’s was either legal or not. It was legal end of story