Which player made you fall in love with DCFC?

Ramslad1992

Kevin Hector, I was 8 years old when Derby got promoted to the 1st division under Cloughie. My dad used to get me and my 6 year old brother reciting the teams names till we knew them all off by heart. Hector was always my favourite and he was criminally overlooked to play for England in favour of the London boys. I remember him coming on late in the game against Poland and almost scoring when we failed to qualify for the World Cup. In recent years it’s Will Hughes, was gutted when he got sold. 

On 09/05/2021 at 11:23, TimRam said:

Who knows what would have happened if he had not got that injury as we were getting close to the 'double'.

I've probably said this before, but if I had a backwards time machine I'd go back to stop Charlie getting injured. What a player, but my inspiration was this guy:

1735325866_ColinTodd.thumb.jpg.94e43ac26df2fff9f5e720a1cd308fb5.jpg

Such a cultured defender, faster than any forward and able to ping 40 yard balls all over the pitch.

This one feels easy to an extent. Despite feeling a strong connection to players preceding him never have I seen a player that I felt more strongly summed up everything I like about football than Will Hughes. It's the combination of watching a player develop through the academy and that he was the footballer the game should be based around; skillful, technical, intelligent and looking to play that quick interchanging game.