Which player made you fall in love with DCFC?

Ramslad1992

I "Got into The Rams" just as we started to tippy toe away from all that "Best team in the land" malarkey, so whilst I had a lot of admiration to "The gang of '75", I didn't see enough of them to make them true (personal) icons.

As a right sided full back (only school level and Sunday mornings, I hasten to add),my first poster boy was this fella...

92852.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpeg

My memory is hazy, but ye gads, he was awesome to me!

42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I "Got into The Rams" just as we started to tippy toe away from all that "Best team in the land" malarkey, so whilst I had a lot of admiration to "The gang of '75", I didn't see enough of them to make them true (personal) icons.

As a right sided full back (only school level and Sunday mornings, I hasten to add),my first poster boy was this fella...

92852.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpeg

My memory is hazy, but ye gads, he was awesome to me!

You mean Dave Langan mate.   Awesome player. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

This player later on after Geoff Barrowcliffe who incidentally I quoted on my first post which needs correcting regarding mixing up Osmaston  End and Normanton End that  gives me just as much love is of course is Charlie George. 

One of Derby’s greatest players IMO 

0B5FE93A-CFCD-4AB3-B13B-BA6A2934757F.jpeg

Who knows what would have happened if he had not got that injury as we were getting close to the 'double'.

I’m a real Johnny  come lately but Hector and O’Hare have always been Derby county for me along Todd and Roy Mac but that comes as simply a fan of the game and enjoying great players strutting their stuff. 

my personal memories are much closer to the present day. Seeing Kinky live, a little podgy but making Newcastle’s left back look stupid with a playground trick.Idiakez, so silky and effortless - kind of footballs David Gower. Wardy hitting the ball one way and running the other side .. so simple, and his choir boy look at the ref when he fouled someone. The first time I had my season ticket.  Johnny Russell  scored and the crowd sung his song. You can forgive mistakes and rough edges when a player really does leave everything on the pitch.
 I always liked the honesty of Steve Howard. Reading a newspaper article prior to the successful play off final. I forget the journalist .. but I couldn’t help smiling “Steve Howard is an antediluvian striker, a shambling gait and a right foot like a howitzer” Talking of Howitzers .. I reckon Carbonari would match up pretty well to Peter Lorrimer 

None of the players - what made me fall in love with DCFC was walking up the stairs from the concourse at PPS as a young lad with my Grandpa, being overawed by the scale and grandeur of it, taking in the atmosphere - then seeing the camaraderie, joy, heartbreak, anger, and all the other emotions played out in 90 minutes of football.

Players come and go, good times come and go, but nothing for me comes close to that feeling of getting that first glimpse of the pitch on a Saturday afternoon.