Which player made you fall in love with DCFC?

Ramslad1992

44 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Each generation has a king though? Hector stopped playing for us 10 years before I was born. 

Whilst each generation may have their good/great players, are they really deserving of the “King” epitaph? Since Kevin Hector hung his boots up there are only a couple  of players that have had the same impact on our club as he did, dragging it up from depths similar to where we currently find ourselves to the top league and beyond. In my humble opinion the  only two that come close are Bobby Davison and Igor Stimac.

5 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

Whilst each generation may have their good/great players, are they really deserving of the “King” epitaph? Since Kevin Hector hung his boots up there are only a couple  of players that have had the same impact on our club as he did, dragging it up from depths similar to where we currently find ourselves to the top league and beyond. In my humble opinion the  only two that come close are Bobby Davison and Igor Stimac.

Of the players to play for us I've only seen Stimac play. It’s hard to attach to a player who played for Derby before I was even born. For me my kings would be Poom, Carbonari, Eranio and Baiano. 

im not saying you’re wrong but those players mean more to me as I’ve seen them play. 

we both know how important and special Bloomer was but it’s different. 

11 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Derby County got me before any player but two names can't be replaced for me, Baiano and Jim Smith. They are the special ones for me.

Only thing I can say is... Bald Eagles Barmy Army. He will forever be the manager of when I started following the rams. What a guy, RIP. 

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Was joking with those 2,  in all seriousness my favourite players were Commons and Hulse since they were our best players in 08/09

Teale and Barnes had good games now and then with moments of quality but generally didn't do much. 

Barnes was the best young player I've seen come through at Derby for me for natural ability . That goal away at Sunderland was phenomenal to see in the flesh.  Shame he got wrecked knees and overconfident in how good he could be before he was quite there. 

3 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Got smacked in the face by simmo booting a ball out of play,was hooked since. And the floodlights went out at half time,think it was against Wimbledon reserves 

Damn, bimmerman, I know I'm a romantic fool but you take it to another level.

Which player made you fall in love with dcfc?

Broken floodlights and smack to the face. Jeez, I salute you.

Alijosa Asanovic was probably my favourite player the first season I started following us but lots of favourites from the most successful side in my lifetime under TBE - Eranio, Baiano, Wanchope, Sturridge, Poom the list is endless and enviable when looking at what we have now ☹️  I still have videos (yes videos not DVDs) of those seasons when we nearly got into europe and some of the football we played was ridiculously good, one particular game where we thrashed Arsenal always sticks with me. My favourite recent player and would make my top 5 probably more for effort than ability was Johnny Russell. 

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

As the title says, which player made you fall in love with Derby? 

the player you wanted to be when you grew up? The player that scored THAT goal you will always remember?

I’ll go first, I was even happy(ish) when he scored against us, I had this shirt with his name on. 

3516B0E6-6FC3-47D2-B880-1B5E48146D21.jpeg

Colin Todd. A player for a future age 

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Damn, bimmerman, I know I'm a romantic fool but you take it to another level.

Which player made you fall in love with dcfc?

Broken floodlights and smack to the face. Jeez, I salute you.

From day one supporting Derby makes you a glutton for punishment I suppose

8 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Igor 

Rob Willams

Van Der laan

Ashley ward and studger

My first season being obsessed with Derby as a kid was the year we went up under Jim Smith,my neighbor converted me from an early man utd kid by taking me to reserve games at the baseball ground...

Was he with us  before or after Take That? ?