MoodHoovers Miekle Moments

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Today was 2nd inoculation day so he's been a little subdued but coming back round. 

Growing quickly at around 1kg per week. Toilet training is a bit hit and miss and the 5am starts are a bit of a trial. 

He's been to a local factory and has a trip lined up at the local primary school. All good ?

IMG_20210517_203439.jpg

Will he have to have the chop, remove those desires before he can focus on the job?

22 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oh yes.... That's on our watch too. In a couple of months I think. 

Poor little chap. He's also been put in his place by Tigz who has established the pecking order ?

If you feel guilt, you can deliver him to me, I’ll protect him from nazis, baddies, aliens, gestapo, wermacht, jehovahs, tories and baalock snipping vets. 

Safe house here. 

Went to the pub for lunch today. Miekle trying to be well behaved with our pet dog. 

Personally I think it's more difficult to do this with an existing pet, as it's difficult to treat them differently. But they're both trying. 

But look at their faces...just look at their faces... ?

IMG-20210521-WA0000.jpg

12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Went to the pub for lunch today. Miekle trying to be well behaved with our pet dog. 

Personally I think it's more difficult to do this with an existing pet, as it's difficult to treat them differently. But they're both trying. 

But look at their faces...just look at their faces... ?

IMG-20210521-WA0000.jpg

Did you go to a pub, or a sauna?

7So this week, miekle has been bad tempered with toothache.

He's also been trained to spend time on his own in his private space. 

However, some well meaning numpty gave him a cardboard box for entertainment and it took him about 2 minutes to work out how to use it to breach the perimeter.... ?

IMG_20210527_223143.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks big update is that, apart from not putting a spurious apostrophe in the word "weeks", miekle is now toilet trained. 

To the extent that if you say "better go now" and point to the designated loo area he trots off and either wees, poos or both. 

Here he is on his way into his en suite.... 

IMG_20210605_113506.jpg

Got to say, I think it’s a wonderful thing you’re doing VdMH, though I couldn’t do it myself...I’d get too attached. My old line manager at work retired and did a similar thing to you, he got a “hearing” dog to look after. Edison was his name, he is a black lab and like Miekle, a smasher of a dog.

Keep posting the updates, it’s good to see his progress.

3 hours ago, Coneheadjohn said:

What training are you doing Mark?

We’re just considering a dog to help Joel.

We're given a standard list of commands John and we're starting with the asterisk ones. It's supposed also to be mixed with positive reinforcement so rather than just say "off" you say the word, encourage him with a "what's this?" to distract him and give him a "yes Meikle" with a bit of kibble if he complies. 

He's now able to take himself off to his loo area, pee or poo and then reappears and sits waiting for a bit of kibble..... 

This is the list if it's come out OK... 

IMG_20210612_162116.jpg