Craig Forsyth

Chester40

20 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

He's a cracking fella and a great character to have around. I actually thought he was pretty unlucky for the second goal, couldn't sort his feet out in time, and the third goal should have been given offside I'm willing to forgive him for that. 

Buchanan should be first choice next season, but I see no issue keeping Fozzy around as back up. We have far more pressing matters to attend to during the transfer window than replacing someone who is set to be our 2nd choice left back next season.

Agree with the earlier sentiments. Not sure it was bad luck though. A few years back he would have tidied the cross up, no issues. And probably spearheaded a counter attack. The reason he struggled to “sort his feet out in time” are firstly a lack of physical pace but also probably lost the mental pace too. Age or lack of match sharpness perhaps. Depending where we set our sights for next season, should dictate his future. If the current/new owners are aiming at a top 6 finish, we can’t have a left back of his ( now) standard as a number 2 pick. He could have to play a substantial amount of games if said number 1 gets injured. Still plenty of others who should get shown the door before him though, I agree 

Like most of the squad ,inconsistent and not good enough for promotion contention in a 1 st team line up. Would be looking to build a fresh team around Belik and joz, bringing Sibley ,knight into the fold with a few of the youngsters who have had the misfortune of being blooded into the squad this season. The likes of waghorn ,lawrence Marriott have  failed to step up to the mark to often when needed. New blood required if we are to move forward .

I must admit I don't think he has ever really been good enough for a promotion chasing side, but when we were a good team I think his inadequacies were hidden.  He was at fault for all three of the goals yesterday, but that said if everyone on here knows he isn't good enough - the manager should also know, and he shouldn't be playing.

I don't think even his biggest critic would accuse him of not giving 100%