He's a cracking fella and a great character to have around. I actually thought he was pretty unlucky for the second goal, couldn't sort his feet out in time, and the third goal should have been given offside I'm willing to forgive him for that. 

Buchanan should be first choice next season, but I see no issue keeping Fozzy around as back up. We have far more pressing matters to attend to during the transfer window than replacing someone who is set to be our 2nd choice left back next season.

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Ok.. You had a bloody nightmare today. 

Don't blame you for the first really. Second was poor but unlucky. Third... Err.. No excuses. 

But what the hell, we are safe!!!

Real warrior and nothing but respect for him returning to play again and again. 

Glad you aren't being blamed for our demise. 

Absolutely - first goal was a foul on him - second goal was very unlucky - third goal was poor but it should also been denied due to offside.

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think you need balance. Most players will give you more if they think club decisions are decent and fair and if loyalty is rewarded 

Sorry but players like Forsyth are one of the reasons we have been so bad this season, been a great servant to the club but we can't live in the past with him, we need quality replacements for the likes of Forsyth. 

Regardless of his ability at this level you've got to look at his injury record - since he made 46 and 44 league appearances in consecutive seasons ending in the 2014-15 season he's played in 12, 3, 31, 13, 22 and then 20 games. I'd rather see him go now, wish him well and remember the good times from those two seasons where he was at his best than see him scapegoated for more mistakes. We wouldn't have got many takers for Forsyth but for me we dropped the ball letting Malone go to Millwall on loan as he is a good LB in this division who still has plenty to offer at both ends of the pitch. I'm not sure what the wage situation is between them but of the two I'd rather we got Malone back. 

Let's rewrite history and pretend the lad's the root cause of all our woes. That way we can post a load of spiteful bolarks at the same time as completely ignoring the service he's given the club. Yeah, he had a shocker, yeah, maybe his time is done, I've said myself that I think his legs are gone, but let's show a bit of class and respect because he's earned that much, at very least.

13 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Fozzy has been a solid servant to our football club, love him and hope he sees the rest of his career with us. 

The problem with statements like this Texas is that it means sentiment is overtaking a requirement to put quality on the pitch.

Forsyth was poor yesterday but has been really poor all season. If we want to push forward as a club, then tough decisions need to be made.

A new LB with Buchanan as the back up is essential.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Let's rewrite history and pretend the lad's the root cause of all our woes. That way we can post a load of spiteful bolarks at the same time as completely ignoring the service he's given the club. Yeah, he had a shocker, yeah, maybe his time is done, I've said myself that I think his legs are gone, but let's show a bit of class and respect because he's earned that much, at very least.

Absoluty. The goat scaping should remain in it's traditional form, blaming the keeper.

throughout his Ram’s career he’s played half a dozen good solid games and then had a mare - recently he’s having far more poor games than good ones - though whether that is a symptom of playing in a really poor team is open to discussion….

6 hours ago, DCFCJim87 said:

Regardless of his ability at this level you've got to look at his injury record - since he made 46 and 44 league appearances in consecutive seasons ending in the 2014-15 season he's played in 12, 3, 31, 13, 22 and then 20 games. I'd rather see him go now, wish him well and remember the good times from those two seasons where he was at his best than see him scapegoated for more mistakes. We wouldn't have got many takers for Forsyth but for me we dropped the ball letting Malone go to Millwall on loan as he is a good LB in this division who still has plenty to offer at both ends of the pitch. I'm not sure what the wage situation is between them but of the two I'd rather we got Malone back. 

Thought Malone was awful and quite rightly found himself as 3rd/4th choice. Another one of Franks poor signings for far too much money. 

Posted (edited)

Loyalty in football is few and far between and he deserves a massive send off if we release him but yesterday he was poor but wasn’t helped by a flimsy keeper who parried the first one instead of jumping on the ball and stayed on his line doing nothing when could’ve claimed the ball for the third  ...the second goal was 100 per cent Fozzies fault but he’s been a very good reliable player for us and had some horrendous injuries ...he deserves a proper send off if he leaves the club 

Edited by S8TY
7 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Sorry but players like Forsyth are one of the reasons we have been so bad this season, been a great servant to the club but we can't live in the past with him, we need quality replacements for the likes of Forsyth. 

Understand that pov. I wasn’t debating that though 

Fozzy might be a good recruit for JFH at Burton Albion, if he were to pension off oldsters like Brayford. 

That is, if we can't prise JFH and his coaching crew to PPS, to give us a hint of managerial/coaching capability! 

We need to capture a solid LB ASAP - like we did with Byrne last summer for RB; Buchanan is still an improver but might be a star in the making, he may well turn out to be better than Lowe and Bogle.

No thanks to Malone; very inconsistent and often loose and weak defensively. Not interested in a few assists & goals at Millwall, we need a hard-ball defence for a basis after a nightmare season in defence - build a team from the back, and the spine. Some coaching would help!