Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

Strikers, goal scoring midfielders should at the top of the transfer window. Get goals and you won't be in the bottom 6 next season.

Anthony Scully at Lincoln just turned 22 got 17 goals in 51 games had a 67% shooting accuracy this season. Under contract until the summer 2023, worth looking at. Could possibly improve at a higher level, if Lincoln don't get promotion, could steal him cheaply.

Jerry Yates at Blackpool 24yr old got 22 goals in 50 games had a 47% shooting accuracy this season. Under contract until summer 2023. I think a few have mentioned him on here. Yet again with a team that might get promoted.

Luke Jephcott at Plymouth, a 21yr old got 18 goals in 26 games with a 71% shooting accuracy this season. Under contract, not sure when it expires but Plymouth want £5m for him. His goals dried up in the last 16 games and so the team slipped down the table. I think he would be a gamble especially if that's an accurate asking price.

Joel Randall at Exeter, this 21yr old is not a striker but a left footed winger who got 10 goals in 36 games before his season came to an early end with a Hamstring injury. Could be back fit either end of May or sometime in June. Do not think he is under contract after this summer unless he signs in the next few weeks.

19 hours ago, Oldben said:

Understand that but my point is that's the type of player Derby need to sign if they are to have any chance next season.

Id want any new owner to buy at least this level of player

We’d be paying through the nose though for players unproven at this level. I don’t think we’ve got that sort of money regardless of who owns us. 

We will have 14 professional players on the books at the start of the new season if no ones contracts are renewed. So we will need a raft of new players for cheap. The list of players out of contract in the Championship is massive this season according to Transfermarkt.

Some of those on that list which I think are viable are:

Adam Smith, Nick Powell, Alex Mowatt, Britt Assombalonga, Adam Reach, Emiliano Marcondes, Tom Lees, Nathan Baker, Ryan Nyambe, Luke Freeman, Barry Bannan, Joe Rothwell, Sonny Bradley, James Collins, George Moncur, Jordan Archer.

Not saying all of them are good but many could do a job at this level. We need bodies in the club due to years of misinvestment and endless loan signings. If I was playing football manager with our budget these are the players you would certainly consider. But the season has still time to run and non of these players can be approached until the end of the month.

We need to stop selling our good youth players for one offs like Jozwiak as well! Doesn't seem sustainable selling 2 players to afford to buy 1. There will be no one left.

Edited by kingsy1884

A big beasty leader at CB would be a priority. I was trying to remember what happened to Goode from Northampton who impressed me before and of course he signed for Brentford last year. 

If they were to go up, I'd ask the question about him. Doesn't seem to have played a huge amount for them this season and they might look to improve on him for the Prem. Its not clear what they paid for him but he's the type of player I'd like to see.

Everton have a whole host of older u23s that are likely to move on this summer I understand. If Rooney is staying he might know which or them are worth looking at (admittedly it hasn't worked out with Baningime)

Callum Connolly looked a solid player for Ipswich on loan a few years ago, if he's continued developing out on loan could be a useful addition. Paris Simms has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread as well I think.

15 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

I'd take a look at bringing in Ashley fletcher, I think there's definitely a player there and he's on a free. Would be better than waggy IMO. I think mowatt may sign a new deal if Barnsley go up.

If they stay down then I think Mowatt'll be a very good free transfer for somebody but most likely one of the parachute payment clubs that can give him top money and likely be challenging at the top end of the table.

Agree Fletcher does have something about it him despite his goal record being less than impressive. Not sure if he is best in a front 2 or as a lone striker? 

3 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

If they stay down then I think Mowatt'll be a very good free transfer for somebody but most likely one of the parachute payment clubs that can give him top money and likely be challenging at the top end of the table.

Agree Fletcher does have something about it him despite his goal record being less than impressive. Not sure if he is best in a front 2 or as a lone striker? 

Not sure mate, he's tall and pacy and scored a few in a rubbish boro team.

Contracts expiring available:

Gary Cahill - Crystal Palace - CB - 35

Scott Dann - Crystal Palace - CB - 34

Tom Heaton - Aston Villa - GK - 35

Tom Lees - S Wednesday - CB - 30

Adam Reach - S Wednesday - RM/LM - 28

Martin Kelly - Crystal Palace - RB/CB/LB - 31

Matty Pearson - Luton - CB - 27

John Ruddy - Wolves - GK - 34

Christian Walton - Brighton - GK - 25

Teddy Bishop - Ipswich - CM/CAM - 24

Allan Campbell - Motherwell - CM - 22

Ryan Gauld - Farense - CAM/RM - 25

Edited by DCFClks

Christian Walton would be a good option on a free for a long-term GK option.

He's 25, played plenty of football really considering how few games some PL back-ups can actually play! Two seasons at this level so far. Marshall's career is winding down. I thought he was very good at the start of the season, however he was only brought in with one or two seasons in mind. He's since been dropped a couple of times for Roos, who is not good enough for this level and never will be.

It would make sense to bring someone in who can either stay as our #1 for years to come, or command a decent fee if he has a couple of good seasons behind him.