Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

I want Adam Armstrong up front. Mengi and Edmondson will be ok for centre backs. Assume Byrne and Buchanan will stay - but Marshall will go - so a new keeper needed. Assuming Bielik is fit - I would like a creative midfielder - someone like Maddison (Leicester) but more affordable. I then would have a fully fit Ibe and another creative wide player - any chance of Harry Wilson?!

I’d be tempted to try and get three or four in from League One to bring a bit of depth to the squad. It would act as a bit of a refresh and works with various budgets (if we do have a few bob there’s still room for marquee signings).

I’m going to ignore anyone in a promoted side (Dembele and Lewis-Potter would have been go to signings otherwise).

Top of the list is Conor McGrandles if Lincoln don’t go up. 6’1” CM, leader and potential captain. Boosts options and could fill the Bielik gap.

With Pompey not going up I’d be on the phone tomorrow for Jack Whatmough (Matt Clarke’s slightly better looking twin). 6’3” CB who wins everything in the air.

While on the phone I’d also be asking after Roman Curtis. Goals, height and pace. Could play anywhere across a front three. What’s not to like?

Up front, it might be worth sending @DarkFruitsRam7back to the Accrington Fan Zone and seeing if he can smuggle Dion Charles back to Pride Park. 19 goals in mid table team. Electric pace. If Blackpool don’t go up Jerry Yates fulfils a similar remit.

26 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

We finished 4th from bottom, claims to resign Waghorn, Gregory etc are ludicrous, our team at present is pants and we need a major overhaul.

Lets not get emotionally involved in players who have ultimately failed over the season, by one good game at the end of it.

Gregory did pretty well for us.

Love to get Adam Armstrong from Blackburn buts thats not going to happen

Mentioned a few times to go and get Barry Bannan always looks to play a forward pass its immaterial whether he as signed a new contract thats just so Weds can ask more money for him,a 2 year deal still playing in the Championship should do it and always liked Joss Windass also

23 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Charlie Wyke, Sam Clucas and Kyle Bartley would be top of my list if we can afford wages obviously 

If we have learnt anything over the last seven years it should be the crippling effect of high wages. Ikechi Anya being the ultimate lesson.

So for that reason Clucas and Barkley wouldn’t be on my shopping list.

Wyke is a question of playing style. He’s a monster in the air and could see Byrne getting 20 assists next season.

But (and this is my view and I suspect not Wayne’s) I’d rather we had a mobile front line with multiple threats. I’d rather keep CKR as our foremost battering ram when we need to play it but recruit pace, mobility and goals across a revamped front line.

11 hours ago, Oldben said:

Looking at league one players Derby should consider signing ...

Goalkeepers: George Long (hull) or Craig MacGillivray (portsmouth), Chris maxwell (blackpool)

Defenders: de wijs (hull), Tendayi Darikwa (wigan)

Midfield: George Honeyman (hull), Jorge  Grant (lincoln), Marcus Harness (portsmouth), Aiden McGeady (Sunderland), 

Strikers: Clarke-Harris (Peterborough), Wyke (Sunderland), 

Yates (Blackpool)

Honestly none of those would improve the team. Sign League one players that's where you end up. We need to be smarter and more creative with our recruitment

1 hour ago, Igorwasking said:

I want Adam Armstrong up front. Mengi and Edmondson will be ok for centre backs. Assume Byrne and Buchanan will stay - but Marshall will go - so a new keeper needed. Assuming Bielik is fit - I would like a creative midfielder - someone like Maddison (Leicester) but more affordable. I then would have a fully fit Ibe and another creative wide player - any chance of Harry Wilson?!

Ross Barkley on loan from Chelsea.  Villa don't want him back

44 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Honestly none of those would improve the team. Sign League one players that's where you end up. We need to be smarter and more creative with our recruitment

I'm just thinking of the best players Derby might sign.

Its not just do we have new owners who have money ...

1. Do we have a team to interest the best players, based on this season prospective championship talent might be receiving advice from agents that the teams in a mess

2. Unknown what the size of the budget is, don't want older Premier league or championship rejects, would rather buy rising stars

3. The rising stars are likely to be cheaper than the top stars in the championship at present.

4. Derbys a bigger club in my mind than the clubs I've suggested buying players from

5. Accused of only selecting players from the clubs being promoted from league one this season, true but I did so purely on the basis that at league one level, Derby need to sign star players and not the average league one player

6. I've not looked at Europe because there's less guarantee that the quality of player needed would want to play for Derby or would cope with the rigours of the championship 

7. There are so many players Derby need to bring in to strengthen the team. Its not a matter of saying if we just had 3 new players that would be enough. In my mind due to players performances this year and contracts ending, I believe Derby almost need a team of new players.

8. Derby are in the unenviable position of having to say no matter the fee the club needs to buy but again that limits the number of players the club could sign even with new owners bringing the money

9. Efl rules will probably limit how much can spend on putting a new team together

10. Rooney doesn't seem to get the best out of players. So the players already need to be talented to play for a manager like him

this all depends on the new owner. if it us our Eric then will he bye the 20mill striker he thinks we need?.Will HE buy the players he as listed that would struggle to get work permits (worrying) 

all will he that others run the recruitment side..