Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

Looking at league one players Derby should consider signing ...

Goalkeepers: George Long (hull) or Craig MacGillivray (portsmouth), Chris maxwell (blackpool)

Defenders: de wijs (hull), Tendayi Darikwa (wigan)

Midfield: George Honeyman (hull), Jorge  Grant (lincoln), Marcus Harness (portsmouth), Aiden McGeady (Sunderland), 

Strikers: Clarke-Harris (Peterborough), Wyke (Sunderland), 

Yates (Blackpool)

If Derby can't afford to sign these sorts of players under the clubs new owners, then that for me is the point in time when Rooney has to be sacked; Rooney isn't a good manager so he has to rely on talented players that will improve the team coming into the squad.

A 3-3 draw and survival against Sheffield wednesday doesn't fill me with confidence for next season especially with the way Rooney managed the team last season.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Goalkeepers: George Long (hull) or Craig MacGillivray (portsmouth), Chris maxwell (blackpool)

Midfield: George Honeyman (hull), Jorge  Grant (lincoln), Marcus Harness (portsmouth), Aiden McGeady (Sunderland), 

Yates (Blackpool)

If Derby can't afford to sign these sorts of players under the clubs new owners, then that for me is the point in time when Rooney has to be sacked; Rooney isn't a good manager so he has to rely on talented players that will improve the team coming into the squad.

A 3-3 draw and survival against Sheffield wednesday doesn't fill me with confidence for next season especially with the way Rooney managed the team last season.

You’ve highlighted a bunch of players where most of them are being promoted this year ?

Some lower league players I rate (in addition to the ones mentioned earlier in the thread... yes, I do do some scouting in my spare time!). I've also excluded players playing for teams that have been/could still get promoted to the Championship and players that were on loan from teams higher up the pyramid this season. We need depth to our squad and I reckon any of the below could provide that (I'm not suggesting we should go and buy all of them!).

GKs:

Ben Killip (Hartlepool United)
Tom King (Newport County)

DFs:

Will Boyle (Cheltenham Town)
Tom Hamer (Burton Albion)
Dan Happe (Leyton Orient)
Alex Hartridge (Exeter City)
Tom Pearce (Wigan Athletic)
Nathan Smith (Port Vale)
George Tanner (Carlisle United)
Jack Tucker (Gillingham)

MFs:

Callum Camps (Fleetwood Town)
Archie Collins (Exeter City)
Scott Fraser (MK Dons)
Charlie Kirk (Crewe Alexandra)
Jon Mellish (Carlisle United)
Aaron Morley (Rochdale)
Sam Nicholson (Bristol Rovers)
Randell Williams (Exeter City)

FWs:

Stephen Humphrys (Rochdale)
Kyle Joseph (Wigan Athletic)
Paul Mullin (Cambridge United)
Joe Pigott (AFC Wimbledon)

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Yates (Blackpool)

Anyone not in league 1 team of the year you think we should sign? (Good suggestions though)

13 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

I’d take roberts on a full season loan if we can afford also be looking at what price rangers want for edmundson as for striker I’d see what brum want for big jutkiewicz and have Marriott play off him with Lawrence in behind..

Marriott needs to leave and so does Lawrence whilst Roberts gives you very little in my opinion in the championship 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

You’ve highlighted a bunch of players where most of them are being promoted this year ?

Understand that but my point is that's the type of player Derby need to sign if they are to have any chance next season.

Id want any new owner to buy at least this level of player

13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We need a centre back who is a leader and vocal, as good as Clarke is he isnt that. We need a younger version of Davies, just like we need a younger & more mobile version of CKR

At his best I thought CKR was more mobile than I expected, but in recent weeks he has not been fully fit. Did not expect to be using him this much, but with R&R I expect him to be useful to us next season.

Definitely need a #1 striker next year. This will be the biggest recruitment test as while there will be some quality budget opportunities in other positions, goal scorers never come cheap. Need to sign a “Tony” from a prem club before they become a “Tony”.