Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Know this is slightly off topic, but anyone know what’s happened to Ryan Conway on Twitter? He’s been silent for weeks and really liked his take/match day commentary on the club. 
cheers

That's a good point, his last YouTube video was after the defeat at Peterborough

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

If the article were correct then Morris would have said he was writing out cheques for £2.5m per month not £1m to £1.5m. It would have suited his attempted justification for pulling out.

Close to £500k a month just to run the academy. Player wages in the £1-1.5m bracket. Then other minor costs relating to staffing and stadium upkeep on top.

Income limited to more or less just matchday. ST money already accounted for, so 5k seats per home game? £100k max per game?

The Athletic article is a good one worth a read but the figures are off. They say wage bill of £2.5m per month nearly half of what it used to be. That implies our wage bill was £60m a year which it has never been, £47m at peak. Mel is saying £1m-£1.3m a month, that’s either true or he’s lying but it would make sense considering the players that have departed. It could all be wages maybe not as other debts but also we do have revenue streams back online. Selling out on match days will help significantly. 

The biggest most worrying revelation in the article is who the administrators are. Andrew Hosking who was involved in the Wimbledon to MK Dons administration and the concerning one Andrew Andronikou who was involved in the first Portsmouth administration. The article says Portsmouth were back in admin 2 years later, however a Pompey fan has commented on the article saying Andronikou is an awful man has been sanctioned by his own governing body for misconduct. When Portsmouth went back into admin he was there again and HMRC had to fight to get him removed as administrator before the court appointed Trevor Birch. 

37 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's what I thought. Even though there are allot of coaches and support staff, there can't be many on 6-figure salaries either. 

Rooneys wage is partially paid by red32 , Morris stated actual cost is an average championship player, whatever that is. That deal would let the negative people quote total wages a lot higher than the actual cost. As for money coming in we get about 8 million from sky. Does anybody know if we get it up front or as I suspect monthly. If monthly that's half the wage bill there

12 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Know this is slightly off topic, but anyone know what’s happened to Ryan Conway on Twitter? He’s been silent for weeks and really liked his take/match day commentary on the club. 
cheers

I think he's been struggling. Not ITK or anything but just from someone on twitter saying they'd talked to him a couple of weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

cheers

He tweeted a ram after the game at the weekend but not seen anything from him other than that. Hope he’s ok

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Close to £500k a month just to run the academy. Player wages in the £1-1.5m bracket. Then other minor costs relating to staffing and stadium upkeep on top.

Income limited to more or less just matchday. ST money already accounted for, so 5k seats per home game? £100k max per game?

At least 3000 away tickets available and around 10,000 home tickets. 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

How do you work that one out? Morris himself said it was £1m to £1.5m per month. He would have said £3m if it was, just to help back up his reason for pulling out.

He said he has to put £1m to £1.5m in to pay the bills. So that's on top of income. So £3m per month is probably right

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Plus TV & broadcast rights income, sponsorship income, hospitality income, Fanatics income.

The point I was making remains, Morris stated £1m to £1.5m per month of shortfall, not £2.5m quoted by The Athletic. If it was £(2.5m) every month then he'd have stated that to justify his decision to pull out.

Edited by Carnero

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Plus TV & broadcast rights income, sponsorship income, hospitality income, Fanatics income

And programme sales revenues.... oh wait, they can't be arsed with producing one of those.

They should do a 'Derby Till We Die' special for the Reading game at a fiver just as a one-off.

51 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He tweeted a ram after the game at the weekend but not seen anything from him other than that. Hope he’s ok

He was at the game on Saturday wearing a fetching white cowboy hat with a spattering of paint on it. 

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

One mans actions are going to cost us our club our history our legacy absolutely outrageous, it’s sickening 

Whether people believe this or not, there is likely some truth in it. This could easily be the end of Derby with debts like that. 50/50 chance of being liquidated? I never believe the mail usually but I think these reports could be pretty accurate. This club has been destroyed financially. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10012203/Derby-County-new-buyer-spend-50MILLION-just-clear-clubs-debts.html

Hmmmm. So of that £50m black hole, £30m is owed to HMRC, who are not a preferential creditor - they'll be lucky to get 25% of that.

I'm not saying that is a good thing - its abhorrent to shirk responsibility to the public purse - but I can't help feel there are plenty keen to paint a darker picture than it might actually be in reality.

Taking on debts of circa £35m for Derby as a League One club wouldn't, in my opinion, preclude a sale. There is a crop of young talent that, in the right selling conditions, might cover a lot of that over the next few years.