Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

Its funny how it is obvious that Newcastle have been bought by Saudi Arabia and do the fans care one jot about what Saudi Arabia stand for...of course they dont..they just see funding on a different planet to Man city and PSG - nothing else...that is all they care about - and the Premier League know this and Saudi Arabia know this..I wonder if any other club/set of supporters would act any differently...I suggest probably not..

Edited by Yani P

16 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Its funny how it is obvious that Newcastle have been bought by Saudi Arabia and do the fans care one jot about what Saudi Arabia stand for...of course they dont..they just see funding on a different planet to Man city and PSG - nothing else...that is all they care about - and the Premier League know this and Saudi Arabia know this..I wonder if any other club/set of supporters would act any differently...I suggest probably not..

Some care, Some care that a bloke who ordered the murder of a Washington Post journalist is now the proud owner of NUFC.

But not enough and you're right, it would be the same for most other clubs.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

As someone who's of the opinion Mel is the sole cause of this mess, and yes the EFL were less than helpful in the handling/acceptance of our accounts etc, I think those responses are fair. 

Although they do keep banging on about the need to move away from a beneficiary model of ownership.. which lets not forget has been allowed to become so commonplace under their own stewardship. Stinks of the Tories saying we have to restore our country to former glory etc etc every election, despite having been in power for 11 years. 

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, with newcastle joining the diabolical regeme sportswashing club, this does make me think that we should be perhaps courting bids from the most evil governments the planet has to offer.

"Are you a dictator of an oil rich nation who craves international acceptance? Do you wish to raise your nation's profile through association with sporting greatness? Has the dream of seeing your enemies crushed before you and hearing the lamentation of their women become a little dull compared with the excitment of the English Football League? Why concern yourself with crushing dissodents when you could be concerned with Preston away. If this sounds like an escape from the daily grind of dealing with your barbaric security services, please consider buying Derby County! If you think this is for you, please email derbyinterestedparties@quantuma.com"

Let's get the North Koreans on board, I'm sure they're desperate for a people's republic of Derby team... ? 

44 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

As someone who's of the opinion Mel is the sole cause of this mess, and yes the EFL were less than helpful in the handling/acceptance of our accounts etc, I think those responses are fair. 

Although they do keep banging on about the need to move away from a beneficiary model of ownership.. which lets not forget has been allowed to become so commonplace under their own stewardship. Stinks of the Tories saying we have to restore our country to former glory etc etc every election, despite having been in power for 11 years. 

I completely disagree. Their response only strengthens my view that EFL is completely incompetent.

Firstly  - multiple occasions they've dodged questions and fall back on an argument that the current and potential future punishments seek to maintain the 'integrity' of the league. bullpoo. How is the integrity of the league being maintained when we're being forced to play a makeshift team full of academy rookies and retired pros? Its a minor miracle Rooney is doing the job he's doing. 

They completely disregard that the club has already been penalized to the point of extinction, and are still pushing for further sanctions which will only to serve to damage the supporters, the local community, and if we're lucky, new owners. The club is on its knees and all they can talk about is maintaining league integrity because 'its what the rules say' - they don't seem to grasp the issue that the rules are not fit for purpose in the first place. They also completely miss the point that our suspended 3 point penalty (for paying players 22 days late) was completely out of whack with what they agreed for Sheff Weds (and other clubs have got off scott free for the same offense in the past).

Also, this whole 'its the benefactor model which is wrong' cr@p needs to end. the EFL and its member clubs are in this financial predicament because the EFL are incompetent commercially, cannot negotiate a proper broadcasting deal, and have bent over and presented themselves to the EPL to take full advantage of. More regulations, such as the cost controls they're talking about, will only serve to broaden the gap between the EPL and EFL. Football either needs to stop being run as a business, or you let those who understand business run the football. You can't go either way.

Edited by San Fran Van Rams
Btw - I agree Mel is to blame for our mess, but the EFL are absolutely useless

16 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

I completely disagree. Their response only strengthens my view that EFL is completely incompetent.

Firstly  - multiple occasions they've dodged questions and fall back on an argument that the current and potential future punishments seek to maintain the 'integrity' of the league. bullpoo. How is the integrity of the league being maintained when we're being forced to play a makeshift team full of academy rookies and retired pros? Its a minor miracle Rooney is doing the job he's doing. 

They completely disregard that the club has already been penalized to the point of extinction, and are still pushing for further sanctions which will only to serve to damage the supporters, the local community, and if we're lucky, new owners. The club is on its knees and all they can talk about is maintaining league integrity because 'its what the rules say' - they don't seem to grasp the issue that the rules are not fit for purpose in the first place. They also completely miss the point that our suspended 3 point penalty (for paying players 22 days late) was completely out of whack with what they agreed for Sheff Weds (and other clubs have got off scott free for the same offense in the past).

Also, this whole 'its the benefactor model which is wrong' cr@p needs to end. the EFL and its member clubs are in this financial predicament because the EFL are incompetent commercially, cannot negotiate a proper broadcasting deal, and have bent over and presented themselves to the EPL to take full advantage of. More regulations, such as the cost controls they're talking about, will only serve to broaden the gap between the EPL and EFL. Football either needs to stop being run as a business, or you let those who understand business run the football. You can't go either way.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by RTL

6 hours ago, Chris_D said:

they will have shown they have access to £5m, per requirements set by admins to see deal docs  no requirement to have shown they have full funds to purchase the club

More than what alonso showed he showed a fake bank statement and a house that wasn’t his and got to go to the efl lol 

8 hours ago, GenBr said:

How do you know he does?

Even if he does still have significant assets its not all going to be cash.

Rich lists and whatnot are mostly guesswork and nonsense. 

My wife worked for a guy who started a tech business in the U.K. He made a very large chunk of cash selling out to a US buyer who had already built out the same platform  

After he sold out he got loads of business plans from people in the tech sector who wanted his cash. By then he thought he was master of the universe and could easily pick the best deals and multiply his millions. That was mid 00s. We have no idea what he is now worth but he has a pretty modest lifestyle 

7 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

You've saved me the effort here. What you have articulated here ABSOLUTELY spot on. Couldn't agree any more with what you've said here.

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can anyone remember what MM said regarding the EFL loan during his interview on RD?

I recall he was vague, suggesting EFl had refused it and that they had been harsh. 

I gather EFl says we didn’t apply. My guess is we asked them whether we qualified and they said don’t even bother to apply. Can’t think of another reason why we would not apply 

11 hours ago, Rampage said:

So what is the least that the club could be sold for. £1 plus 25% of debts plus outstanding tax bill plus contracted staggered debts on players and Cocu. Just a guess.

The outstanding tax bill will not be paid in full. Some of it is not a preferred creditor status and even preferred creditor status does not mean you get paid in full.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

I recall he was vague, suggesting EFl had refused it and that they had been harsh. 

I gather EFl says we didn’t apply. My guess is we asked them whether we qualified and they said don’t even bother to apply. Can’t think of another reason why we would not apply 

Their official statement said we were not eligible. Now they say we didn’t apply… well why apply for a loan you know you are not eligible for ? I haven’t applied for any £8 million loans either, for the same reason. As usual disingenuous in the extreme from EFL

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Unfortunately, IMHO we should have learned by now that our streams of information/ misinformation for DCFC’s ongoing struggles with The EFL are being fed to us by people and organisations that in truth we can’t really believe everything and possibly anything they say.

We will never know the truth about anything regarding this whole ? ⛈ 

I believe that there has been a serious dereliction of duties within both parties and we as the “little people” have no other option than to grin and bare it.

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

From EFL statement 17 September

"The EFL entered into a debt raise to provide its Clubs with access to funds that would support them in dealing with the impact of COVID and, as with any loan, this was subject to a timeframe and eligibility criteria which Derby County was unable to meet."

So here they say we are unable to meet the eligibility criteria, which according to media reports included not being "suspected of breaching EFL rules". So because they accused us of breaking the rules, (mere accusation being enough) and because they agreed criteria that by definition excluded us from eligibility we didn't get the loan? And now they are saying its because we didn't apply.

Quite frankly this goes beyond spin , it is deliberately misleading and dishonest from the EFL.