Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

5 hours ago, therams69 said:

Do no bury your heads in the sand any longer.

I don't think anyone is burying their head in the sand.

Everyone here is all too aware of the issues facing the club and, more immediately, the team.

Just read back through the threads on here and you will see that's it's all been discussed at great length.

Of course, you are entitled to your say but, rest assured, as Derby fans, we are aware of the current predicament.

Those of us who remember 1984 and the travails of Stuart Webb in saving the club from going out of business at the 59th minute of the 11th hour can't help but be concerned at the moment and that is just taking into account the known facts and not the added suppositions.

In 1984 it was the Inland Revenue petitioning to wind the club up due to unpaid taxes, I don't beleive that we have worries of that kind this time but the EFL have shown with Bury that they are willing to let clubs go. Hopefully the fact that they were substantially culpable in that case with their 'fit and proper person test' failure will make tham more careful this time.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I do agree with that .

We definitely need more clarity after tomorrow’s game .

Maybe they feel that they can’t win and whatever they say is misconstrued.

I’m ok with a siege mentality against some sections of the media at the moment prior to a massive game as it seems to me the criticism has gone over the top  .

I expect them to be more open after tomorrow .

I think it would help but as I say a non disclosure agreement maybe in place .

Anyhow mate I admire you concern for the club and I know you are a passionate fan home and away. 

Us Derby fans should stick together and yo are certainly not the enemy as you implied some think you are. 

Thank you mate...

NDC nothing to do with it...

We do need to stick together as these are going to be turbulent months ahead. 

I genuinely believe if everyone knew the truth then you would be shocked.

4 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Then why don't you tell us?

Otherwise you just sound like other posters who don't know anything but are fearing the worst.

If you do know stuff and are trying to rally supporters around a campaign, then shouldn't you be telling folks how it is?

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Then why don't you tell us?

Otherwise you just sound like other posters who don't know anything but are fearing the worst.

If you do know stuff and are trying to rally supporters around a campaign, then shouldn't you be telling folks how it is?

Because I am not that stupid to do so.

With this forum, generally most people know who I am and what I look like. I am not your standard anon poster lets be honest. Wish I was at times...

I have posted on here for years. People know I know stuff. Trust element. By all means if you think I have an alternative agenda, thats fine, but really I dont. 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is too serious for that. 

Are you old enough to remember the end of Pickering's ownership, it's nerve-wracking stuff atm.

I was barely a teenager back then tbh, but I remember it being bad. I’d need to read Pride to try and familiarise myself properly with the era again to be honest, I remember players not being paid and Mathias Svensson being a decent loan. 

I’m very worried for now because personally I don’t see a credible solution. There’s so much to answer for and no one wants to front it up. What are Alonso’s intentions? Does he know what type of club we are? Why are we not considering local ownership if offers are there? Is there an embargo? It’s baffling the relationship the board have with radio Derby/DET and I think think they, and some on this forum, need to realise how important that relationship is to the community around the club. Whilst they haven’t banned anyone, it has more in line with Fawaz’ ownership at Forest than what’s comfortable in my view.

I know you’ll disagree but I had grave concerns after Cocu left because we threw away any sort of plan for the club. I probably started to prepare for our fate at that point too. To be honest, in terms of the season we probably deserve relegation a We’re very fortunate that Wednesday started on -12! And hey, I’ll admit, I was wrong for a bit but the truth was we were in free fall and still are because I’m not convinced we’ve yet hit rock bottom. Whatever happens tomorrow, an enquiry into what happens next needs to take place and the fans need to come together and ask questions.

Actually, as a final point I just thought about, when comparing the Pickering era to now. A major difference that makes this era worse was that they appointed George Burley as interim at that moment helped steady the ship atleast on the pitch to which they could then build on (after a couple of seasons). Whilst it’s not right to say they should’ve kept Cocu at this point, because it’s a pointless argument, having a manager who had a plan to keep us up as part of a longer term plan maybe was more crucial at the stage of the season we were at. Right now there’s little build on with the playing staff, a manager who’s teetering and whatever the financial situation is.

15 minutes ago, therams69 said:

With this forum, generally most people know who I am and what I look like. I am not your standard anon poster lets be honest. Wish I was at times...

I have posted on here for years. People know I know stuff. Trust element. By all means if you think I have an alternative agenda, thats fine, but really I dont. 

I don’t know any one at work or any of my friends called therams69

10 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Actually, as a final point I just thought about, when comparing the Pickering era to now. A major difference that makes this era worse was that they appointed George Burley as interim at that moment helped steady the ship atleast on the pitch to which they could then build on (after a couple of seasons). Whilst it’s not right to say they should’ve kept Cocu at this point, because it’s a pointless argument, having a manager who had a plan to keep us up as part of a longer term plan maybe was more crucial at the stage of the season we were at. Right now there’s little build on with the playing staff, a manager who’s teetering and whatever the financial situation is.

To that end I couldn't see Cocu finding the players to keep us competing nor playing good football in this situation.

Who do 'we' think got the 5 loans in in January? I'll give you that Gregory might have been previously mooted, but the other 4? Can see Rooney being able to get in a quality of loan and out of contracts than most other managers (that we could attract/afford) might.

Plus when Rooney had a few options available he did get the points in.

Edited by RoyMac5

30 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Thank you mate...

NDC nothing to do with it...

We do need to stick together as these are going to be turbulent months ahead. 

You honestly think that people after all that has happened in the world in the last 15 months and in football in the last 4 weeks can be “genuinely shocked”

Naive in the least, verging on plain stupidity.

17 minutes ago, therams69 said:

But you could state what you've heard, without naming sources.

Maybe that means you won't hear such things in the future, but if the situation is as urgent as you make out, and I believe you when you say it is, then it's pretty much a duty to share that info with the wider fan base.

We can't stand behind you, if we don't know the peril.

50 minutes ago, therams69 said:

And how much rent will be required to use the stadium?

I once though that but then the plight of other clubs told a different story...

if the business owning Derby goes into Administration, it also owns the stadium!

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

To that end I couldn't see Cocu finding the players to keep us competing nor playing good football in this situation.

Who do 'we' think got the 5 loans in in January? I'll give you that Gregory might have been previously mooted, but the other 4? Can see Rooney being able to get in a quality of loan and out of contracts than most other managers (that we could attract/afford) might.

Plus when Rooney had a few options available he did get the points in.

Not by the end of his tenure, I agree, but I put in another post the other day, i think not getting Dursan in was probably the biggest factor in what went wrong. If he’d got him in then I think he’d atleast have a spine of players going through his starting line up (for arguments sake,

Marshall,

Te Wierik/Wisdom, Clarke,

Bielik once fit

Dursan

Yeah I know we can argue on personnel but I think that was atleast the plan. To bring it back on topic with the thread, by not having that extra £500,000 spare to pay for Dursan it’s ended up meaning we could lose out on £10 mill next season.

Also in fairness what have the other 4 really done? Its alright attracting them but you need to play them to their strengths. I like Edmundson actually but he’s the one who got mucked about by them trying to fit all these loan players into his side. He probably would have been quite better with Edmundson and Gregory and integrating them alone.

Anyway back on topic, so this protest about getting Chris Martin back to Derby...WAIT I mean, the fans need answers about what’s happening to the club!

50 minutes ago, therams69 said:

So...you wont disclose what you know whilst expecting the club to disclose what they know to you? Interesting ....

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

I thought it goes 

Scouts and Head of Recruitment select players following research 

Manager selects the ones he feels will do the job he wants 

Head of Recruitment does the deal chasing

So our former manager and quiet technical director, who the manager possibly won’t listen to’s son, with our owners son assisting him does that? 

So much better than MM signing off, which he or Pearce need to because none of the people in your post have visibility or understanding of the accounts or FFP position.

And we wonder why our transfer activity has been atrocious. Would kill for some Brentford moneyball scouts and strategy.

17 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Also in fairness what have the other 4 really done? Its alright attracting them but you need to play them to their strengths. I like Edmundson actually but he’s the one who got mucked about by them trying to fit all these loan players into his side. He probably would have been quite better with Edmundson and Gregory and integrating them alone.

Anyway back on topic, so this protest about getting Chris Martin back to Derby...WAIT I mean, the fans need answers about what’s happening to the club!

Menghi (hamstring) & Edmundson (hernia) & Gregory (hamstring) look decent enough all have had injuries so not easy to 'integrate'. Beni (hammy?) in his 10 minute cameo looked 'a possible'. Roberts too in the right team. How else could they have been played, only Roberts has been injury free and even he needed to get match fit. 

If Cocu had managed to keep Martin we'd be having a different conversation, no doubt! #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

51 minutes ago, therams69 said:

So, ok, no "alternative agenda".

You just want to come on here and basically say: "you should all be really afraid of what I know, not that I'm going to share it with you. Just be afraid, really afraid."

So, bit like religion, no proof just banking on people's blind faith.

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

We don't have to be geniuses to work out that the club is in dire financial straights. Yet again the club cannot afford to pay its players and Mel has to dip into his own pocket. This is a situation that has been going on for well over a year. 

We have flirted with Gabay, with Dell, with BZI, with Alonso. Refinancing, loans, stadium sold etc. 

What would be gained by Mel saying anything right now? The only thing he can say is we're in the poo. And I think we already know that. How can he give assurances about the club's future? How can he say it'll all be alright if the takeover fails because quite obviously it won't be, although what that won't be looks like we don't know.

As for Stephen Pearce, he deserves a medal for keeping the club above water over the last 2 years, not being told to resign. 

I am a bit surprised by this post. Mainly because I usually agree with, and enjoy, most things you post (I won’t let this indiscretion affect my judgement ??). But your last two paragraphs are nonsense.

1) Mel Morris signed up to own and lead this club and he has failed pretty miserably. He knew the risks of his investment, but imagined and gambled he could quickly bankroll us in to the Prem. As I said, he has failed miserably, but hey ho some you win, some you lose. Mel Morris is still a very wealthy man. Yes he’s ‘lost’ perhaps £200m of his fortune to Derby, but he still ranks very highly in the UK as one of its most wealthiest individuals. He has a duty as owner and custodian of the club to ensure it is properly financed until the day he leaves, and that when he leaves it is in no worse financial position than when he took over. He also has in my view an obligation to ensure that the person he ultimately sells to is a fit and proper person to run a football club, and has the wherewithal to support the club through thick and thin. There is no reason whatsoever in my view that Mel Morris cannot commit publicly to both those matters now, and whenever asked in the future.

2) Whilst nobody should knock Pearce for his excellent accountancy skills, he is only as good in that regard as FRC Regulations and his Casio calculator allow. Now me, I would like the Club’s CEO to be a bit less “Smithers” and actually direct the Club in the right direction.

Up the Rams. Easy 3 nil win tomorrow. Thank god we have Mac in the background directing things ?

Season 3 Massage GIF

Mel gets moaned at for holding onto the club too long but then also moaned at for agreeing to sell to 'chancers'?

You can only sell to interested parties. The sheikh passed the EFL test so they got fooled as much as Mel, but to say he has held on too long is a joke. He has openly had the club on the market for a few years now, would we have rather he sold to the first bidder regardless of their financial situation?

Doesnt sell = held on too long, agrees to sell = selling to chancers 

Yes the man has made plenty of mistakes but he too is a Derby fan so our situation will hurt him as much as us, only it hits bank balance much worse than ours. He has also said he will fund the club until he sells up. We all wished a local owners had got us promoted and boy did he try by backing pretty much all managers, foolishly or not, and majority of the managers he hired had the backing of the fans at the time, only Rooney really split the fans. But isnt hindsight a wonderful thing.