Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

And if you think Ibe was a recommendation from Rooney then think again...

Then again also think about Rooney being recommended by Cocu.......

Similar pattern emerging?

I simply don’t believe MM chooses our signings. 

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I guess from some of the posts on here that some see 'an enemy at the gates', whilst others are happy to let the wolf guard the lambs.

I think we're at a point where the threat to the clubs future is as worrying as it was at the end of Lionel Pickering's ownership. Or not.

I’m not 100% sure when it happened on here, but posters on here are so quick to pile on a thread that they disagree with at the moment.Presumably mature people trying to make quips, posting sarcastic comments or just trying to put another poster down for god knows what reason. I get you might not like how a poster puts something across, but the OP on here is atleast trying to start a dialogue and points out the warning signs, what can the rest say they are doing? We can disagree, debate or whatever but it feels a bit of respect on here is lacking imo.

If the forum wants a say in what the future of Derby County is past tomorrow, it needs to get involved with the discussion. Or else you’re just on the side making sarcastic quips and posting laughing emojis 

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

If the forum wants a say in what the future of Derby County is past tomorrow, it needs to get involved with the discussion. Or else you’re just on the side making sarcastic quips and posting laughing emojis 

Me?

Edited by RoyMac5

47 minutes ago, therams69 said:

People are seeing me as the enemy! I mean for christ sake! 

Correct it is. People are refusing to believe this and that is very scary indeed.

Some of us feel so detached from it right now that the connection isn’t transmitting the signal to our brain. I personally have laughed in recent weeks. Few years back I’d have cried and smashed some poo up! 

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No need to apologize mate. 

I am often accused of exaggerating situations and I do agree Mel has made mistakes and one was going in the dressing room at half time on one particular occasion but he has never done that since to my knowledge.

Now let’s examine the situation.

Mel hasn’t been very  well by all accounts and want to sell the football club and has looked for prospective buyers .

The last one didn’t work out but the present buyout is ongoing. 

Now I hate FFP with a passion and also hate the parachute payment system. 

Mel tried to adhere to FFP and tried in vane to get promoted to the Premier League and failed by a whisker against QPR and other playoff adventures 

He is renowned for believing in the Academy and them lads have done well out of Mel  .

We find ourselves fighting an appeal against the EFL after being cleared and also fighting relegation.

The financial situation at Derby is complicated and answers may not be easily given if there is a non disclosure agreement at the moment over the takeover.

what answers do you want from Mel Morris and Steven Pearce at the moment  

Thank you mate but still.... ?

Like I said, all that was needed was a comment to say that the club will be secure following the game tomorrow. They have had a couple of weeks to come out with this but seem to have gone North Korea on everyone. Why is that?

The facts are that the club have stopped speaking to fans. Why? We really need to be concerned about this. Some may see it that they shouldn't or dont feel the need to lower to us fans. I disagree. There was a protest planned and they could have stopped that (all be it stopped now due to safety issues) but they were not bothered. They would rather have fans outside protesting. 

Tomorrow could see us relegated and god forbid it does. Regardless I want clarity on our football club and whether or not we will be okay even if the takeover does not happen. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Some of us feel so detached from it right now that the connection isn’t transmitting the signal to our brain. I personally have laughed in recent weeks. Few years back I’d have cried and smashed some poo up! 

In fairness mate I felt that too. But after spending the last couple of days focusing on DCFC and speaking to so many people the adrenalin came back and its rattled me how it has got to this and how.

I want a club to go back to, regardless of what division we are in.

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

But after spending the last couple of days focusing on DCFC and speaking to so many people the adrenalin came back and its rattled me how it has got to this and how.

I want a club I can be proud of to go back to, regardless of what division we are in.

FIFY ? #COYR

5 hours ago, therams69 said:

Hi everyone,

I have posted this on my personal facebook but want to let everyone else know as well hence why I have started a new thread. As fans we need to be collectively acting now on the back of the group Club 84 raising various issues over the past week or so. Do no bury your heads in the sand any longer. I am concerned.

Spent this last week focusing on something that means a hell of alot to me, Derby County.

This past year has been tough on me, sure you all know that and my primarily focus has been on my business and family. A new addition in Phoebe, a house move that now risks having houses built at the back of us replacing the green belt land that reside on the land and then working most nights delivering Uber to bring some income in, not to mention home schooling. So I haven't had the time to think about Derby County but it has now come to a tipping point where I am very concerned about our club.

Regardless of the result on Saturday, this club in my opinion is in serious danger and when I say that I mean it in the strongest of terms. Should this takeover not happen then I worry that we will have no club to return to.

Over the past few weeks many supporters group and the local press have requested that either Mel Morris or Stephen Pearce just come out and gives us fans some 'reassurance' that our club will be secure in the event of the takeover collapsing. This has been refused many times.

I have been involved with the club for around 15 years now and have attended many meetings including the supporters committee that meet every couple of months and improving the atmosphere etc etc... Always had a very good relationship and a mutual respect with both Mel & Stephen. There was plans for a protest after the game on Saturday (now been called off due to safety concerns with the Arena Vaccines) and originally this could have simply been avoided by either of them coming out to give us fans reassurance. I asked the question a couple of days ago and they have refused to come out and say 'anything'.

It does not need a genius to work out that this is an absolute disgrace of respect for us fans. The same people who asked fans to donate their Season Ticket money to the club in the middle of a pandemic to help it be run as opposed to having a refund. The absolute pure cheek of it is astounding.

When things go silent and when people in authority refuse to speak to the biggest stakeholders of this football club, which if you didn't know, is us fans, then questions and concerns need to be raised and answered and unfortunately certain people are hiding - draw your own conclusions on that.

The focus without doubt needs to be on the game on Saturday but irrespective of the outcome, Derby County are in serious danger and as fans we need to act. Do not say to me that it will all be okay if we stay up, it won't be. Do not be naïve to think that. We are in a huge mess. There is a reason why accounts get published and that is so fans can understand the situation of our club. This is way overdue, why?.

Mel Morris has invested alot of money in this football club but whilst doing so has made us an absolute embarrassment in the football world and has failed. Selling the stadium to himself was done because he overspent and screwed up. So many thought it was clever, it really wasn't - it was hiding his mistakes as custodian to this football club which resulted in the football club no longer owning the biggest asset which in turn will make any takeover complicated. Let's not even go there with the Arab failed takeover, due diligence of any interested party failed big time there and weeks were wasted with it.

Under his command we have seen absolute appalling recruitment. This has never been addressed despite being raised time and time again. In fact, we may as well appoint him as manager as I always thought it should be the football club manager that targets & buys players. I dont need to name names with this one but there is a player at this club who has never played second time around and is getting paid very well, wonder why...

Clearly our season has been nothing short of a shambles. You cannot blame the kids and you cannot blame the players to a degree, it isn't there fault they are not good enough. The captain of the ship is responsible for this. Important we back the lads tomorrow and hope and pray they get us over the line to keep our Championship status.

This post is not a rant. Its reality that our football club and the fab Derby people that work within it are in serious danger of being no more. Please do not say to me that this derails tomorrow, I am sorry but the situation is far worse than the potential relegation we face tomorrow. Feel free to bury your heads in the sands but things need to change at Derby County and quick before it really is to late.

I would say to Mel & Stephen, feel free to respond and give us reassurances, but they have already refused to do so. That my friends is all you need to know about who we currently have running our beloved Derby County.

Stephen Pearce needs to resign. Any CEO of any business does not hide like what you have.

Mel Morris needs to depart this football club and take all the debt with him. The stadium should be given back to the football club and included in any sale. He should swallow his pride and sell this great football club to the 'best' candidate and not just who he prefers. We both know there are offers on the table and you know who they are from.

After all, you are Derby through and through - said no one ever but you.

Nick

Really can’t wait to read this; give me 3 days...

2 minutes ago, therams69 said:

In fairness mate I felt that too. But after spending the last couple of days focusing on DCFC and speaking to so many people the adrenalin came back and its rattled me how it has got to this and how.

I want a club to go back to, regardless of what division we are in.

there will always be a club. There will always be some chancer who goes to the creditors and offers 15p in the £1 to take the club.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there will always be a club. There will always be some chancer who goes to the creditors and offers 15p in the £1 to take the club.

Isn't that similar to what Bury fans said?

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

And how much rent will be required to use the stadium?

I once though that but then the plight of other clubs told a different story...

10 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Thank you mate but still.... ?

Like I said, all that was needed was a comment to say that the club will be secure following the game tomorrow. They have had a couple of weeks to come out with this but seem to have gone North Korea on everyone. Why is that?

The facts are that the club have stopped speaking to fans. Why? We really need to be concerned about this. Some may see it that they shouldn't or dont feel the need to lower to us fans. I disagree. There was a protest planned and they could have stopped that (all be it stopped now due to safety issues) but they were not bothered. They would rather have fans outside protesting. 

Tomorrow could see us relegated and god forbid it does. Regardless I want clarity on our football club and whether or not we will be okay even if the takeover does not happen. 

I do agree with that .

We definitely need more clarity after tomorrow’s game .

Maybe they feel that they can’t win and whatever they say is misconstrued.

I’m ok with a siege mentality against some sections of the media at the moment prior to a massive game as it seems to me the criticism has gone over the top  .

I expect them to be more open after tomorrow .

I think it would help but as I say a non disclosure agreement maybe in place .

Anyhow mate I admire you concern for the club and I know you are a passionate fan home and away. 

Us Derby fans should stick together and yo are certainly not the enemy as you implied some think you are.