Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

24 minutes ago, therams69 said:

3 months and 5 million odd lighter later with a football match deciding our league status which could potentially mean a loss of 10m .... So i would say this week was crucial for reassurance, wouldn't you? This is a different position to 3 months ago.

£10m less revenue for the year, cancelled out by sales such as Lawrence, Jozwiak, Byrne, and if absolutely necessary the academy graduates.

I've shown my workings out for cash flow many times over the past few months and I struggle to see how it results in administration. That remains the case until we no longer have assets (players) to sell.

To keep us going to the transfer window, Mel needs to find about £500k pw - he has stated he will cover that.

Love that some people genuinely believe that a thread on a forum will "derail" the team before Saturday. 

This entire season has been a train wreck and the leaves have been on the line for a lot longer.

@therams69is as genuine a fan as you can get and I completely agree with his concerns. Think it's a bit harsh to call him out as someone who thinks he's some sort of super fan. Relegation tomorrow could ruin us, staying up gives us a stay of execution but it's surely in the best interests of Derby County (the only thing we all actually care about) that Morris/Pearson etc leave?

Alonso does not seem a great change if we're honest, so we need an alternative. Could Derby become at least half fan owned? Genuine question. It's surely the most desirable option and now seems a perfect chance to capture the zeitgeist. 

I’m worried about what is happening and people I know are worried. I am even more worried about our performances and the match tomorrow. I don’t see that I can do much about it. If I could go I’d support the team tomorrow but can do that and I don’t really have a very big pot to piss in either so to enhance the worry I can’t do bugger all about any of it. 
I’m not keen on these supporters groups who think they are a superior supporter to any other fan. I doubt any of us are not worried. I just think how has it got to this. 
I think we can only see what comes out in the wash. We’ve been through it before.

5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

agree with his concerns. Think it's a bit harsh to call him out as someone who thinks he's some sort of super fan.

He is a superfan though!

Anyone who's committed that much time and expense to following Derby, and trying to increase the enjoyment of fellow supporters along the way, isn't just a regular fan, so superfan fits, for me at least. 

20 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

As for Stephen Pearce, he deserves a medal for keeping the club above water over the last 2 years, not being told to resign. 

If there is a medal for how not to run a football club, then yes I agree he deserves one. We’ve been a shambles for two years or more and he’s chief executive. Prior to that he was finance officer when we were signing god knows what in contracts. Yeah, he’s done a great job!

50 minutes ago, rynny said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9257771/A-year-hell-Mel-Morris-reveals-major-health-problems-sell-Derby-200m-loss.html

Screenshot_20210507_145122_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3ff62d07b4f288179ad6cd790d894c45.jpg

Mel said less than 3 months ago that he will continue to bankroll the club until a new owner is in place. How often do we need him to say this? 

Pearce also stated a few months back about why the accounts were delayed and it was down to the EFL appeal, why would the club come out an make any more of a comment on this when the EFL appeal is still ongoing and nothing has changed since the first statement.

People wanting an update on things that haven't changed

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

If there is a medal for how not to run a football club, then yes I agree he deserves one. We’ve been a shambles for two years or more and he’s chief executive. Prior to that he was finance officer when we were signing god knows what in contracts. Yeah, he’s done a great job!

Hold on.

Are you saying while he was finance director he allowed slippery Sam to pull the wool over his eyes and sign off payments to Claire Ince et al?

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

In fact, we may as well appoint him as manager as I always thought it should be the football club manager that targets & buys players. I dont need to name names with this one but there is a player at this club who has never played second time around and is getting paid very well, wonder why...

No issues with the rest of your post, I'm generally on board with it even if it does veer into opinion dressed as fact territory.

This seems a very strange thing / a very minor issue to bring up though, it actually comes across a little as sour grapes that Jordon Ibe's getting paid to (not) play football while you're working your arse off (and fair play to you for it) delivering for Uber.

'Getting paid very well' is very subjective - we've been told it's a negligible amount compared to the rest of the squad. Also 'I wonder why...'  Bit vague, too open to interpretation (possibly suggests underhand dealings!) & goes against your claim to only be posting facts, not opinion.

If you know something we don't and can prove it (or at least tell us how you know), however...

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

You are being naïve I am afraid.

1. When was the last time he came out and spoke to the fans. 

2. We need to know that should the takeover not happen that the club will be fine. Dont need details on takeover.

3. Keogh issue not important. Probably end up losing though like we did with Sam.

4. Well if we go down that's 10m less income if reports are to be believed. Even if we stay up do not think that all will be okay.

1. He doesn't need to come out and speak to the fans about the Accounts, the appeal is still ongoing so nothing has changed

2. Mel has stated he will fund the club until someone comes along to buy it, where is the evidence this has changed? He may not like having to pay, who would when its that amount, but he is the owner so it's his duty.

3. You say the club is in serious danger yet a possible £2m compo deal to Keogh is not important? 

4. Yes if we go down we're rumoured to be 10m worse off, but until we know what division we're in how can the club comment? Also, player sales would probably cover that 10m.

49 minutes ago, rynny said:

The focus should be on the football match, not repeating something he said less than 3 months ago. 

But if we do get relegated people will want reassuring again on Monday. Then again at the end of the month if the takeover hasn't happened, and again and again and again. At what point will it be enough? This reminds me of the time when McClaren was asked every week if he was going to leave to go to Newcastle, every week he said no and it got to the point where no matter what he said everyone was convinced he was going to leave us for Newcastle. 

Why not assure fans prior? No need for Monday then is there.

No one has been on the local radio or the DET. Why? Quite simply they choose the Mail or Talksport where generally Derby folk dont listen and they will not get questioned. Absolute disgrace that he decided to speak to them as opposed to the locals. People in Derby need to know what's going on, not around the country. 

Re McClaren - The thing is he never said no outright did he.

46 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

We don't have to be geniuses to work out that the club is in dire financial straights. Yet again the club cannot afford to pay its players and Mel has to dip into his own pocket. This is a situation that has been going on for well over a year. 

To be fair though, I don't think think the club has been in a position to completely pay it's own players for a *long* time. Owners have been putting money in to cover running costs (the biggest of which is always going to be wages) since at least the days of Gadsby and co, if not long before that.

That's not to say some owners have made the situation worse than others with profligate spending though.

2 minutes ago, therams69 said:

No one has been on the local radio or the DET. Why? Quite simply they choose the Mail or Talksport where generally Derby folk dont listen and they will not get questioned. Absolute disgrace that he decided to speak to them as opposed to the locals. People in Derby need to know what's going on, not around the country. 

Re McClaren - The thing is he never said no outright did he.

Are the local radio giving a fair view on the situation.

We had some people from some podcast the other day lambasting Derby .

Is that fair ! 

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

Because we have a very big game. The focus should be on that, be here we are talking about what may or may not happen, if the takeover does or doesn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, therams69 said:

No one has been on the local radio or the DET. Why? Quite simply they choose the Mail or Talksport where generally Derby folk dont listen and they will not get questioned. Absolute disgrace that he decided to speak to them as opposed to the locals. People in Derby need to know what's going on, not around the country

I would guess that the majority of our fan base has the internet and access to TalkSport and the Mail, the information gets passed around, I fail to see where news is reported is such a disgrace. 

4 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Re McClaren - The thing is he never said no outright did he

Yes, yes he did. @Mostyn6you still have the link to articles where McClaren said he was staying?