Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just wondering how we smash FFP out of sight in 2018/19 given that we made a profit of £25m in 2017/18?

17/18 was a £7.2m P&S profit. 18/19 sees amortisation shoot up to £25.1m with P&S figure of about £25m loss for that season (£7m leeway in three year cycle)

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Only had a quick glance through his posts, he sounds very bitter.

Apparently the reason he is not putting a bid in to buy the club is because he got no thanks the first time around.

Wonder if the apprentices thanked him for leaving them in the lurch

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Apparently the reason he is not putting a bid in to buy the club is because he got no thanks the first time around.

I'm not sure he has the relevant resources to put in any bid.  Last time he was a very small part of the Gadsby consortium and got his money back- I assume with a nice profit- on promotion as agreed when he came in. It was effectively a short term loan rather than investment.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes me to. Poppa baalocks thinks I'm an idiot so the post to get up his nose had the desired effect. Sad twit. One team in Bristol- guess that's us then as they talk about fook all else.?

Scrap that. I'm now an attention seeking idiot. He's gone to the trouble of upgrading me bless him. At least I'm keeping him from his normal hobby of cutting out pictures of Mel's head for his scrapbooks.  

44 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Sorry SP I am not that skilled when it comes to uploading images on here... Couple of posts of interest though. One dated 21 April and one in May. Hopefully someone will upload and we can all make judgement. Good to hear from you again SP and a familiar old face!

Could have been written by the  Daily Fail. poo stirring by Marples if you ask me!

Edited by RoyMac5

9 hours ago, therams69 said:

Haha yep!

If I remember correctly, it was his then-wife Jill who dropped BD off in the chopper. They since divorced. I think Marples had to sell his  house at Morley (https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/Derby-3aaa-2126094) and also his place in Florida (https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/founder-collapsed-Derby-firm-3aaa-2151705). 

He seems to have a major beef with MM over something. They were both shareholders in the club around 2006 if my memory serves me... 

Anyway, here he is on Companies House, man's dissolved more companies than Tony Adams has dissolved aspirin. 

From DET:

Timeline of the rise and fall of 3aaa

2002: Peter Marples joins Assa Training and Learning Ltd

2003: He leads a management buy-out of the company and becomes managing director

2005: Carter and Carter, of Peterborough buy Assa for £24 million and Mr Marples stays on as group business development director

2006: Plans revealed by Carter and Carter for a new £14 million training centre on Pride Park

2006: Carter and Carter buy Derby-based training company Fern Training for £14 million

2006: Diane McEvoy-Robinson started working as director for learning and skills at Carter and Carter

2007: Philip Carter, owner of Carter and Carter, killed in helicopter crash

2007: In June, Mr Marples steps down from his role at Carter and Carter but remains as consultant

2007: Shares in Carter and Carter suspended

2008: Carter and Carter in administration

2008: Mr Marples and Mrs McEvoy Robinson decided to set up 3aaa

2010: 3aaa take the decision to offer IT and social media and accountancy apprenticeships for 16 to 24-year-olds

2012: 3aaa with Liverpool Community College buy First 4 Skills out of administration

2013: 3aaa sponsorship of stand at Pride Park which became Gordon Guthrie Stand

2013: Move to Sitwell Street headquarters

2014:Partnership with Derbyshire County Cricket Club and renaming of ground as 3aaa County Ground

2014: Sir Howard Newby, former chancellor of University of Liverpool joins board of 3aaa

2014: Former High Sheriff Derek Mapp becomes chair of 3aaa

2014: 3aaa becomes first training provider to be “outstanding” in all areas. It has 30 academies 250 staff and plans for another eight academies

2015: 3aaa becomes sponsor of Team Raleigh GAC - the Derby-based professional cycling team

2016: 3aaa pledges £16,667 a year for three years to run ice rink and it becomes known as the Cathedral Quarter 3aaa ice rink

2016: Mr Marples wrote in the introduction to the company’s accounts that turnover had grown £25,505,156, up from £15,746,365 in 2015, with a pre-tax profit of more than £4 million compared to a loss of £3,338,596 in 2015.

2017: 3aaa identified as the 64th fastest growing private business in the UK in the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100

September 2018: Founders of 3aaa Peter Marples and Di McEvoy Robinson leave the company they started

October 2018: 3aaa Directors call in administrators

October 2018: Winding up order granted for 3aaa in High Court and Official Receiver is called in

DOESN'T SCREAM SUCCESS. 

7 hours ago, TheSlate said:

Anyway, here he is on Companies House, man's dissolved more companies than Tony Adams has dissolved aspirin. 

Interesting post but this took it to another level. ?

17 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Wow is he alright?

"New charges eh?? That would be fantastic, I've not found the piece, but new charges would be excellent." 

Why is he so bothered

I really couldn’t tell you why he is so bothered Rammy. But he’s gone to a lot of trouble so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s actually been in touch with the EFL himself. 

I just wonder if he was as enthusiastic when Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR strayed off the straight and narrow. Oh, wait a minute...didn’t we knock Bristol City out of the play offs in the last game of a season about three or four years back leaving them in seventh place when they looked a shoe in for sixth ? Maybe that’s it. ?‍♂️

18 hours ago, Philmycock said:

Marples. I'm sure all the former apprentices that lost jobs at his ramshackle company hang on every word he says. Self-centred baffoon.

18 hours ago, angieram said:

Oh, is he the training agency guy? 

FWIW, he gives his side of the story here:

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Delighted, if that character is not involved in any way!