Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

36 minutes ago, David said:

@therams69Just something that has come to me, as I understand you believe fans from outside this forum are demanding answers from the top and this forum is in some way censored or has it’s head buried in the sand.

A protest was widely discussed before I went away, a tweet which I saw many disagreed with, not just on this forum but in the replies. This was later cancelled due to concerns over access to the Arena parking where vaccinations were taking place.

Fair enough, but can you tell me why 200 or so fans were able to attend the ground to show support to the players both before and after the Sheffield Wednesday game without using the opportunity to demand answers from the club or blocking access?

I’m led to believe this idea was initially started on Twitter and shared on this forum, so it wasn’t members from this forum out to give a false narrative.

Were these fans the minority and thousands more which would have blocked access to the arena stayed away to protest another day?

This is a genuine question as I do feel that this forum displays a diverse set of opinions, and yes get a little defensive when it’s suggested otherwise.

Sorry what I meant David was that their was a huge difference in opinion compared to on here as to various other forms. I did not say that this forum was censored or would ever think that.

There was reasons for the protest being cancelled and I also believe that was the right thing to do considering many factors. I have spoken to Club 84 and had a really good chat with him - many reasons why it was cancelled.

I cannot tell you that no as it was nothing to do with me. However, my opinion is that they were the solely to support the lads and that was important. Its very hard to go from such a high positive (which thankfully it turned out to be) to such a negative in such a short space of time. That would like be celebrating at Leeds away and then demanding that we have answers from the owners, just would not work. Obviously had we gone down then who knows what will have happened...

To my knowledge, it was different groups organising different things. There was also knowledge that Wednesday were turning up so a protest in addition to the support for the players would have been difficult to manage.

You know I support this forum David, you do not need to question that.

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Sorry what I meant David was that their was a huge difference in opinion compared to on here as to various other forms. I did not say that this forum was censored or would ever think that.

There was reasons for the protest being cancelled and I also believe that was the right thing to do considering many factors. I have spoken to Club 84 and had a really good chat with him - many reasons why it was cancelled.

I cannot tell you that no as it was nothing to do with me. However, my opinion is that they were the solely to support the lads and that was important. Its very hard to go from such a high positive (which thankfully it turned out to be) to such a negative in such a short space of time. That would like be celebrating at Leeds away and then demanding that we have answers from the owners, just would not work. Obviously had we gone down then who knows what will have happened...

To my knowledge, it was different groups organising different things. There was also knowledge that Wednesday were turning up so a protest in addition to the support for the players would have been difficult to manage.

You know I support this forum David, you do not need to question that.

Apologies for taking it the wrong way, as I say I do get a little defensive of this place.

Doesn’t surprise me what you heard though, this forum, myself, taken stick over the years with all kinds of accusations made.

It’s largely why I’ve stayed quiet myself recently, something that I said would never let happen but it gets to that point where it just hurts, especially with what’s gone on the pitch.

Last year has been a real grind, why I’m looking forward to the Euros to be honest, bit of a break from it all.

Just now, David said:

Apologies for taking it the wrong way, as I say I do get a little defensive of this place.

Doesn’t surprise me what you heard though, this forum, myself, taken stick over the years with all kinds of accusations made.

It’s largely why I’ve stayed quiet myself recently, something that I said would never let happen but it gets to that point where it just hurts, especially with what’s gone on the pitch.

Last year has been a real grind, why I’m looking forward to the Euros to be honest, bit of a break from it all.

No need to apologise ?

Yep and me mate. I covered this in my first original post but i felt that if I didn't say anything then i would regret it.

Let's just hope we get some assurance soon and we can all look forward to the Euro's!

3 hours ago, therams69 said:

You trust he will sell to someone who is good for the club. Hmm. Due diligence went well with the Arabs didn't it. You suggesting that was the best buyer for Derby County?!?! We then have Alonso and some Indonesian takeover. Again, I dont know much about these in fairness but its not exactly positive is it. Why did he not accept the American bid? It would be fair to say that he will only accept what is best for him, not the club, that is my opinion otherwise he would entertained the Americans / Gadsby etc. Lets see how desperate he becomes..

I'm not sure that Mel is some old fool who gets taken in by con artists.

If someone attempts to buy us, promising large investment for the club too, then he surely has to look at the sale.

None of us know what is agreed too with these potential sales. Perhaps they didn't/won't happen as certain key conditions are not met ie producing a large amount of funds.

50 minutes ago, David said:

Be able to watch all those top European players Alonso is going to provide the funding for us to sign, bit like when we signed Asanovich.....

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

I have spoken to people who ironically mentioned this forum to me yesterday at the Racecourse, they said you wont get anywhere on here if you try and bash Mel.

They are correct. If you come on here and just bash Mel, you are unlikely to get anywhere.

If you come on here and make robust, evidence-based criticism of Mel, you are likely to receive a mixture of agreement, disagreement and much inbetween.

This isn't twitter or facebook. Thank god.

20 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The financial side of football really does bore me to tears. How can a Bristol City, presumably with a life outside of the internet, willingly want to get into nitty gritty of the finances of a club that has absolutely no link to his own other than they’re in the same division? It seems very strange. 

The laughable thing is that this club is literally running on fumes. We are completely potless. Do they think we’re doing them a disservice in some way? The club is as close to death as it possibly can be at this level — and could’ve been tipped over the edge after relegation. I would’ve thought even as a self-professed financial investigator there would be more egregious things to monitor than the slowly rotting corpse of Derby County. 

He's openly admitted to wanting DCFC to fold.

4 hours ago, David said:

Here we go.

Not sure what your issue with this forum is Nick, but if you look around you will see a lot of criticism aimed at Mel, the last year has seen more than ever. We absolutely do not censor or control any opinions.

Moderators feel free to throw me under the bus here and reveal the North Korea dictatorship we have going on. All your NDA’s are null and void.

We do have a rule which ALL members will have agreed to which is:

- Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

We have the same towards other members as well as we believe you can voice an opinion without the use of insults and profanity, now if some fans are ticked off because they can come on here and call Mel all the names under the sun, great, these are not the fans we want on this forum, they can use Twitter for that.

Have any of your posts criticising Mel been removed? No. 

To be fair, I have always been critical of Morris from day 1.. Plenty have disagreed with me but as far as I am aware I have never had a post removed..

Edited by Angry Ram

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's openly admitted to wanting DCFC to fold.

That's bit rich coming from a supporter of a club who avoided bankrupcy by bullying some of their long standing playersinto ripping up their  ontracts, resulting in some cases in bankrupcy and the end of their careers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38750475

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You’re on their forum tonight GoC, and Jimbo. I’m not feeling the love from them on their forum tonight. ?

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/212259-relegation-it’s-not-all-over-yet/

Yes me to. Poppa baalocks thinks I'm an idiot so the post to get up his nose had the desired effect. Sad twit. One team in Bristol- guess that's us then as they talk about fook all else.?

There will only ever be 1 true club in Bristol and that is Bristol Rovers.

City have had a decent go of it in the last few years but they are slowly returning to their normal days of achieving absolutely sod all.

I expect them to be relegated in the next year or so and unlike us, it wont take a point deduction for it to happen.

Bristol is a dump too.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There will only ever be 1 true club in Bristol and that is Bristol Rovers.

City have had a decent go of it in the last few years but they are slowly returning to their normal days of achieving absolutely sod all.

I expect them to be relegated in the next year or so and unlike us, it wont take a point deduction for it to happen.

Bristol is a dump too.

Oh dear, this will wind up posted.  Down travel don't through there on your way to Devon, the locals will drive you away with fire and pitchforks.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Oh dear, this will wind up posted.  Down travel don't through there on your way to Devon, the locals will drive you away with fire and pitchforks.

Obviously just winding up with the Bristol Rovers thing.

But, we did once drive through Bristol to get to Devon and my God the place was absolutely horrific. One of those places where I was a little bit apprehensive of stopping at traffic lights, it was like Peterborough x100.